• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Satisfied with your Sub V5 Noob?

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Happy with my LF/3135F Sub. Knocks the noob V5 on it's ass... IMHO. :butterfly:

These were up until recently ONLY available with A3135V2 movements. They weren't prevalent, so there was little info to compare.

IMG_8262_zpspeuhy8ug.jpg

IMG_8258_zpsyp4sfqwh.jpg

IMG_8259_zpsd2mndqsr.jpg

IMG_8242_zpsfktkmfkr.jpg

ExplorerI

Known Member
28/1/15

These were up until recently ONLY available with A3135V2 movements. They weren't prevalent, so there was little info to compare.

Who sells it?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Even rolex uses parts from the previous model/series when a new series comes out....rep factories ain't any different.

Does it mean Rolex is ripping you off if you buy a z series sub with m series clasp from rolex factory?

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Nice, very nice comparo of the Noob V5 Rolex Submariner Ceramic 116610 . Keep those pictures coming Eagle Eyes ! :cheers:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
My mum used to call me eagle eyes when i was a kid.i would find 50 pounds walking down the street really often ha ha

Emmadilemma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/14
SEL looks great, but what about the MAJOR tell of the date window being 4:3 AND in the totally wrong position, not to mention that the 12 i clock triangle sits way too low on the dial - it is almost kissing the dial crown :O

Nice SEL, but what good does that do when the watch face has a completely wrong layout??

Am I missing something? Would think most people look at the actual watch before SEL shape!

Crown guards are REALLY nice though!! As good as a noob V3 - a noob movement+dial assembly in the LF case seems a perfect solution :) Does LF make a no date? That could be the real winner here, if they have the triangle placement right.

Damn it factories - how hard can it really be?? Although smaller than most, the Chinese do have really capable eyes, if just they would start using them :D

IMG_8262_zpspeuhy8ug.jpg

IMG_8258_zpsyp4sfqwh.jpg

IMG_8259_zpsd2mndqsr.jpg

IMG_8242_zpsfktkmfkr.jpg

Saltwater

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/2/15
Maybe you should talk to Ryan BEFORE you start ranting and hear what he has to say? Some people never learn.

I have received a piece of crap from PureTime. I ordered a 116610 LV noob V5 about 2 weeks ago and it arrived the day before yesterday. It looked very good when I took it out of the box, but as soon as I opened the clasp things started going downhill. The piece where you lift up the clasp was not attached in the middle, so it springs open everytime you lift the crown. There is no way this was not noticed when they took the QC pictures, because someone opened (possibly even broke) the clasp to take one picture. In the pictures themselves this was not visible. Even worse, the divers extension cannot be used. When it is set to the smallest setting, the bracelet won't fit in the clasp!!! Also, there is a "bubble" on the side of the clutch, perhaps indicating they found out and tried to somehow use the wrong tool to widen the clutch. All in all the whole clasp is a real piece of crap like you would buy in the cheapest market. The rest of the watch looks perfect, so it's a shame. Now I have to send it back and pay extra shipping costs because they screwed up... PureTime, never again!!!!