• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Satisfied with your Sub V5 Noob?

pamegalex

Renowned Member
20/8/14
I don't really see the point in paying the extra money for the Swiss ETA to be honest.

It is a closed case back which means you cannot see the movement, and even if you could, the Swiss ETA looks nothing like the Sub movement, so if somebody DOES open your case back they will be able to spot the rep immediately.
In terms of reliability, if you read around you will see that most users have had very few issues (mostly none whatsoever) with Asian Eta Clones as they are a reliable, tried and tested movement, which can be easily serviceable and parts can often be swapped with genuine Swiss ETA components, in case something does go wrong.

The cyclop's and crystal's AR and clarity are not a QC issue, just one of those things we need to accept in reps - again, you can always send it to your favourite modded to improve that aspect, or install a genuine crystal if it really bugs you that much. I don't think I would care at all.

So bottom line is, as long as there is nothing obviously wrong with QC (such as a snowflake hand or the number 74 printed on the bezel or the word Rollex printed on the dial) I think the V5 is the best Sub rep out-the-box and you will be VERY happy once you have it in your hands.

But to each their own.

Aye aye Capt!

TBH, I'm not too fussed about having a genuine Swiss ETA inside or rather having something that resembles the gen Rolex movement. It's more about the reliability and the sweeping hands that I'm particularly fussed about. I have a CrPO with a display caseback with the Asian clone and that didn't stop me from getting it as it's by far the most accurate and smooth sweeping hand I've seen in terms of clone movement.

You're right that the DW alignment and cyclops AR is part of the parcel in the rep game and something we have to live with. Its just something that I can't live with and I guess that was the only reason why BK's sub was so appealing to me to begin with. Guess I'll have to have a good talk with my TD to make sure he gets one that has the minimal flaw in that respect and I'll be a happy sub-c owner soon enough :)

mamajabubu

Known Member
3/11/10
hey guys just got QC photos. Is it just me or the silver paint around the pearl looks messy? Also, SEL looks bad to me. Any one can verify that this is an actual V5 and not just an older model with a bezel paint job?

mamajabubu

Known Member
3/11/10
From my QC above and some research, I believe that it is a lower grade Hulk e.g. J12 factory with a silver bezel paint job. The "PJ3" engraving on the clasp instead of "2VU". Theres a thread over on Repgeek about this same issue under the QC section.

Cannot believe such a reputable TD who I have been a loyal customer over the years would try to fool me and pass it off as a Noob V5, likely because it is out of stock.

Before anything is confirmed and I hear from the TD again, I won't disclose the TD's name. Someone please tell me I'm wrong and restore my faith in this TD.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Its a noob v5 hulk bro.what makes u think otherwise.angus wont sell u a j12 as a v5 hulk lol.plus its clearly a v5

mamajabubu

Known Member
3/11/10
maybe the head is, but the bracelet and clasp is J12, note the "PJ3" engraving instead of "2VU"

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Thats a noob clasp i can tell by the crown logo.the part that says pj3 is perhaps j12.but ive seen old noobs with pj3 code before jf was even invented.how may fixed links does it have

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
If 4 fixed links its a j12 braclett with noob fliplock and j12 glidelock.i bet when they build these watches in the factory they have parts from both factorys lying around.and if they run out of noob parts they put on cheaper j12 parts.usually the braclett parts from what ive seen over the last 2 noob sub c releases.thwy even used old noob v2 parts on the v3 back in the day lol

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Also that fliplock logo is not even a v5 logo its the v3 /4 logo.the v5 logo is updated. if 3 fixed links its noob braclett.and half a j12 glidelock

mamajabubu

Known Member
3/11/10
The qc photos doesn't show the fixed links. Makes me feel very disappointed in this TD. Anyway, thanks guys for your input, you guys are the real experts

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
angus is trustwirthy just ask for another with 3 fixed links etc etc

spineguy

Known Member
5/10/10
This is what is scary. To a person that trusts what we buy is actually what we buy, it is imperative that is the truth. I understand a point could be made what we don't know doesn't hurt us but for me a watch has about a 45/60 day shelf life and up on sales board it goes. I would advertise as a v5 and get called out as a fraud by the forum members that are rolex experts. Trying to scam anyone out of 400 bucks is just not worth it to me.

That is what scares me most about this whole v5 or not issue.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
This is what is scary. To a person that trusts what we buy is actually what we buy, it is imperative that is the truth. I understand a point could be made what we don't know doesn't hurt us but for me a watch has about a 45/60 day shelf life and up on sales board it goes. I would advertise as a v5 and get called out as a fraud by the forum members that are rolex experts. Trying to scam anyone out of 400 bucks is just not worth it to me.

That is what scares me most about this whole v5 or not issue.

Bro if you bought a v5 from the td.then u adertise it for sale as a v5 .but in reality its a v1 you cannot ask for v5 type cash

started

Supporter
Certified
11/3/13
Happened to me before. Bought a j12, received a noob instead lol

mamajabubu

Known Member
3/11/10
Just got new QC photos for whats supposed to be another V5. What do you guys think? Still J12 bracelet? e.g.bracelet is still PJ3? looks the same to me, or am I just being paranoid? My eyes can't really tell the difference anymore.

Should I just accept?

Hapylu

Known Member
16/1/15
EU/Poland
i think ur not gettin paranoid lol, i tried to compare the crown on the clasp from diff photos n this one from QC dosent looks like V5 but iam not expert
its ur call to accept or not atleast head looks good

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
This sub is a noob v5 with a clasp and maybe braclett from a j12.but the fliplock is from a v3 lol jow many fixed links is on this? Angus is not letting us see this

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Im just qcing the other guy with his hulk v5 from angus on rep geek and told him the same as you.infact i think the one you turned down is the one this guy has

mamajabubu

Known Member
3/11/10
Man, and this is after I pointed out the problems with the first one. Really wonder if there really is trust in "trusted dealer". Asking for another sample with the right clasp code, gonna take another day. Hopefully they can get things straight with me this time. What I think is, the V5 is actually still out of stock, while this particular TD is spinning inferior products to cash in on this event. Hope am I wrong... They are or were, my all time favorite TD..

Anyway Smoke, you've been a great help