• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Satisfied with your Sub V5 Noob?

bissell

Horology Curious
28/2/15
I just ordered a sub v5 noob from Pure Time and I can't wait to have my first rep ever! :)

Since I'm brand new to reps and this forum, I wanted to hear from the other members who already received a v5 sub noob and what their thoughts were with the qualify and how realistic the features are as compared to the gen. Thoughts please?

I've read the descriptions of the v5 sub noob, watched the video, and seen the pics, but looking for some real life experiences in customer's hands!:anonymous:

nehnehchui

2/2/13
ae3678e2c59db5c2cb2e8e55ab4e3c39.jpg

196ee376f2f0d7808de3953e123225b3.jpg

Here's my v4/v3. I'm certain the v5 will look more stunning with the bezel with silver paint.

hardghey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/14
I've noticed something about the v5 that seems to be a major downgrade compared to previous editions.

While the Rolex crown logo at the glidelock glasp seems to have been improved with greater precision and details, the bracelet link length at the SEL seems to be absolutely wrong. The v4 had it right, I dont know why would they change it for worse.

V5 owners you can take a look at your bracelet, and compare them to any of the gen photos on the net. You will see what I mean.

bajamaja

Known Member
17/10/13
I've noticed something about the v5 that seems to be a major downgrade compared to previous editions.

While the Rolex crown logo at the glidelock glasp seems to have been improved with greater precision and details, the bracelet link length at the SEL seems to be absolutely wrong. The v4 had it right, I dont know why would they change it for worse.

V5 owners you can take a look at your bracelet, and compare them to any of the gen photos on the net. You will see what I mean.

+1 good 2 see :)

neos

4/2/15
wow the V5 looks absolutely stunning

bissell

Horology Curious
28/2/15
Spectacular!!! To the casual observer, which would be most people, they would have no idea it's a rep...why pay thousands when you can have this! :)

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Have ordered one and can't wait to receive it. Once I do I will let you know how much I love it.

Mr_Tkay

Horology Curious
4/10/14
I dont know about anyone else, but my sub v5 hulk broke the first day. The crown on the bracelet clasp fell off after 3 times opening it, the bezel was wiggly and came off very easily too. After submerging it in a glass of water for a few seconds, it stopped completely...
Maybe thats just my bad luck thou, because my noob gmt works flawlessly.

bajamaja

Known Member
17/10/13
I dont know about anyone else, but my sub v5 hulk broke the first day. The crown on the bracelet clasp fell off after 3 times opening it, the bezel was wiggly and came off very easily too. After submerging it in a glass of water for a few seconds, it stopped completely...
haha wtf!!?

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Damn. That IS bad luck!! Who did you get it from?

D

d4m.test

Spectacular, awesome, stunning, wonderful, in other words: its very satisfying, wears well and looks good.
Get it, wear it, enjoy it with unspoiled pleasure. The more You read about tells and compare it to gen, the more the pleasure will be spoiled.
It´s a good watch in its own right, hasn´t left the wrist since it arrived, feels good, keeps perfect time. The more You wear it, the better it gets.
The fun and enjoyability factor in a series of small details is very high:

Sub_C_3525.jpg

Sub-C_1326c.jpg

sub_3573c.jpg

Mr_Tkay

Horology Curious
4/10/14
Damn. That IS bad luck!! Who did you get it from?
From a guy that i have personal contact with, you wouldnt know him. He sent me a free black v5 though, he said there is nothing wrong with it. Gonna sell it when it gets here (if anyones intrested)

D

d4m.test

From a guy that i have personal contact with, you wouldnt know him. He sent me a free black v5 though, he said there is nothing wrong with it. Gonna sell it when it gets here (if anyones intrested)
If it wasn´t sent from a TD how do You know it was a V5 Hulk? Just asking, because I never had any issues like You are describing neither with BP factory, nor Noob - and on Yours it was not a single item it was right away 3 things totally off like on a $80 rep.

As for future wp-tests, first You have to silicon-grease the backcase o-ring and the one on the crown, and this is a must because either they are dry or have dirt on them, than You may test or have a dry test in the mall before putting it into water.

My BP ceramic sub
IM1024_0375_zpsd3c5e4be.jpg

and this is like it looks one Year later (BP sub)
Sub_1317c_zps63820d3d.jpg

cosmicgate

16/9/13
you guys take stunning pictures. May i know what kind of equipment/gears/ you guys taking these pics with?

D

d4m.test

you guys take stunning pictures. May i know what kind of equipment/gears/ you guys taking these pics with?
Hi and thanks. Look for some tutorials here on the forum. From an old Nikon D70 reflex to a snapshot like the Canon SX220 any will do, as long as You have some control over aperture and shutter speed. At least 2 reflected and/or diffused light sources (may be flashlights) are important as is to rest the camera on something (books) or any tripod, setting the timer to take the shot. Try it out, it´s fun.

Mr_Tkay

Horology Curious
4/10/14
If it wasn´t sent from a TD how do You know it was a V5 Hulk?

It was definitley a v5, it had the new bezel and everything. And the dealer is legit, ive bought 5 top quality watches from him. He sent me a black v5 as compensation, luckily.

D

d4m.test

It was definitley a v5, it had the new bezel and everything. And the dealer is legit, ive bought 5 top quality watches from him. He sent me a black v5 as compensation, luckily.
OK, clear. Maybe it was just banged around in the post package before You received it, could mess up everything. Wish You get a fine V5 to compensate for it.

rmart3966

24/7/10
Awesome Sub!

If it wasn´t sent from a TD how do You know it was a V5 Hulk? Just asking, because I never had any issues like You are describing neither with BP factory, nor Noob - and on Yours it was not a single item it was right away 3 things totally off like on a $80 rep.

As for future wp-tests, first You have to silicon-grease the backcase o-ring and the one on the crown, and this is a must because either they are dry or have dirt on them, than You may test or have a dry test in the mall before putting it into water.

My BP ceramic sub
IM1024_0375_zpsd3c5e4be.jpg

and this is like it looks one Year later (BP sub)
Sub_1317c_zps63820d3d.jpg