• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Satisfied with your Sub V5 Noob?

hardghey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/14
Is it me, or is the lume on the v5 a lot better than on the v4 ?

I own both, and I can guarantee that they look exactly the same. Essentially, the differences between the v4 and v5 are only two. Bezel insert and bracelet.

mariah94

24/2/14
I have read that some folks think the bezel color is to dark on V5.Your opinion would be much appreciated. Thanks

goatrider

Known Member
18/9/14
I own both, and I can guarantee that they look exactly the same. Essentially, the differences between the v4 and v5 are only two. Bezel insert and bracelet.

Thanks!

So, I'll stay with my modded v4.

PS: What is the exact difference between the bracelets?

Mr_Tkay

Horology Curious
4/10/14
OK, clear. Maybe it was just banged around in the post package before You received it, could mess up everything. Wish You get a fine V5 to compensate for it.

Yea the black v5 arrived to day and its f***ing amazing :) !!

hardghey

26/9/14
Thanks!

So, I'll stay with my modded v4.

PS: What is the exact difference between the bracelets?

I'll make a comparison post soon to show the difference between v4 bracelet and v5 bracelet. Keep a lookout for it.

mirozel

7/8/14
I bought a Sub LN V5... Pretty happy with it except the SEL fitment is poor on one side.

Also, when adjusting my 2836 movement, sometimes when winding the watch for the second hand it will not "catch" and i'll have to readjust the position of the crown before I can continue winding it. It will randomly mis-wind and rotate freely. It's also extremely difficult to position the crown to adjust the date.

Is this typical of 2836 movements? Does anyone know if I can do anything to fix this issue?

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I bought a Sub LN V5... Pretty happy with it except the SEL fitment is poor on one side.

Also, when adjusting my 2836 movement, sometimes when winding the watch for the second hand it will not "catch" and i'll have to readjust the position of the crown before I can continue winding it. It will randomly mis-wind and rotate freely. It's also extremely difficult to position the crown to adjust the date.

Is this typical of 2836 movements? Does anyone know if I can do anything to fix this issue?
No. This is not typical of an A2836. A few things could cause this. It could be a keyless issue, a bad stem or, most simply, the stem isn't inserted properly. Try the easiest fix first. Open the case back. Remove the stem and crown. Then reinstall it the right way (applying light pressure to the release button until it clicks in place). If this doesn't work, examine the stem for defects and try using any other 2836/2824 stems you might have to see if that makes a difference. If the stem that came with your V5 is too short or too long, this could explain the issue you are describing. If the stem is the proper length; is in good physical condition; and is properly installed, but the problem persists, you may have to reset the keyless and have it checked out. This is a pretty quick and easy job for a skilled watch maker. It isn't expensive, but you may as well have the whole movement serviced at that point. Anyway, hope it all works out for you.

D

d4m.test

Hi mirozel, try to "wind" a little backwards, than forwards again for the clutch to catch, this works on the TC, do it every time it starts spinning again. Hope this helps. (otherwise the complete version above this post)

mirozel

7/8/14
No. This is not typical of an A2836. A few things could cause this. It could be a keyless issue, a bad stem or, most simply, the stem isn't inserted properly. Try the easiest fix first. Open the case back. Remove the stem and crown. Then reinstall it the right way (applying light pressure to the release button until it clicks in place). If this doesn't work, examine the stem for defects and try using any other 2836/2824 stems you might have to see if that makes a difference. If the stem that came with your V5 is too short or too long, this could explain the issue you are describing. If the stem is the proper length; is in good physical condition; and is properly installed, but the problem persists, you may have to reset the keyless and have it checked out. This is a pretty quick and easy job for a skilled watch maker. It isn't expensive, but you may as well have the whole movement serviced at that point. Anyway, hope it all works out for you.

Is it safe for me to attempt these fixes by myself? Is it possible to remove the caseback without the caseback removal tool?

Also, do watch repair shops usually have no problem working on reps?

D

d4m.test

Open the caseback with a rubber glove from the kitchen. Read carefully about releasing the stem and putting it back. This far You can do it Yourself.

goatrider

Known Member
18/9/14
And please press the stem release pin really really gently. I caused a keyless issue on mine when I tried that for the first time.

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Yes. DO NOT push ALL the way down. Someone recently posted a VERY good tutorial on how to do this. With pics and everything. Will send a link when I find it.

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
The crown not catching is a well known issue with Noob watches. And 90% it's not a movement issue but the crown itself where the clutch inside the head of the crown is not catching the stem properly.

If you never opened a watch before, i honestly would advise you to stay away and practice on a watch that you don't wear / like that much. I worked on a lot of 2836 powered reps and know what i have gone through at the beginning.

mirozel

7/8/14
The crown not catching is a well known issue with Noob watches. And 90% it's not a movement issue but the crown itself where the clutch inside the head of the crown is not catching the stem properly.

If you never opened a watch before, i honestly would advise you to stay away and practice on a watch that you don't wear / like that much. I worked on a lot of 2836 powered reps and know what i have gone through at the beginning.

is this a quick fix? Are the majority of watch repair shops friendly to Reps? If I leave it alone will the issue get worse and cause something to break?

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
is this a quick fix? Are the majority of watch repair shops friendly to Reps? If I leave it alone will the issue get worse and cause something to break?

To leave it is your savest option. Normally nothing can happen if you let it as is. You'll just know when you work with the crown and nobody will see that.

You would need to replace the crown. That needs opening the case and removing the stem from the movement. After that the crown gets unscrewed from the stem and a new crown is screwed on. If you mess up the keyless works mechanism in which it is sitting you have to uncase the complete movement, remove hands, dial, datewheel and keyless works to reset it. To un- and reassemble the watch without scratching the very delicate dial and hands is impossible without the right tools and experience. Believe me. If you practiced that a few times it is a fix that is not very hard to do. But learn to understand the movement and practice on other watches.

wankerdude

Renowned Member
18/8/13
Bro look up Katt's info and send it to him. He will make sure it is right.