• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Satisfied with your Sub V5 Noob?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I assume noob bracletts are out of stock so they have to put another braclett on, so they can keep selling making cash

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Man, and this is after I pointed out the problems with the first one. Really wonder if there really is trust in "trusted dealer". Asking for another sample with the right clasp code, gonna take another day. Hopefully they can get things straight with me this time. What I think is, the V5 is actually still out of stock, while this particular TD is spinning inferior products to cash in on this event. Hope am I wrong... They are or were, my all time favorite TD..

Anyway Smoke, you've been a great help

Honestly, I would turn it down for now. Just wait until the v5 comes back in stock among all the other dealers. I have a feeling that there must be a reason why there is no stock at the moment.

mamajabubu

Known Member
3/11/10
So finally this TD has admitted today that the V5 still out of stock! I asked for a refund, no reply yet.

So story in a nutshell:
- I asked before paying if the V5 hulk is in stock? TD replied "yes, instock"
- Received QC photos, looked not right a all, so asked fellow RWI members who pointed out that it is actually a V5 head with an inferior bracelet and clasp from J12 or older noob versions
- Rejected QC photos and pointed the flaws, TD reassured that it is V5 but agreed to find a replacement
- Received second QC with exactly the SAME problem even after I pointed out the specifics of what was wrong with the first one.
- Rejected second QC and pointed out the same problems AGAIN
- TD FINALLY admits that it is not in stock
- Now hoping and waiting for a refund

I think is something every member who are thinking of getting a Noob V5 should read. Without the expertise of you RWI members I would've sheepishly accepted the watch. And only to realize that what I paid for was not what I received when one day I decide to put it up on the sales forum and other members call me out for trying to sell something else as a V5.

The same thing happened with some members on the Repgeek forum in the "QC subforum" who bought from the same TD. To be honest I feel deceived and makes me question the honesty of this TD who I've bought many reps from over the years. I don't understand why would such a reputable TD risk staining their reputation like that.

Right now, all I want is my refund.

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
I think you did the right thing rejecting and asking for a refund. Unless there is another watch you want, then I would go for that.

mamajabubu

Known Member
3/11/10
Got my refund promptly which is good. Better hold off on the V5 until there's plenty of stock

Capt_K

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/14
Got my refund promptly which is good. Better hold off on the V5 until there's plenty of stock

What you did was well and good. Good idea to hold up and wait for the fresh stock & see how it goes from there

mirozel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/14
All this talk about TD's swapping parts has me paranoid... Is this bracelet the right one for Noob v5?

yz3IcbP.jpg

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Wow, what a story. Definitely makes me wonder. Thank you for having the courage to stand up for what you felt was right.

Also, thank you for posting your QC pics here and asking about this issue so the experts could help you and we could all learn from it. This is exactly why you should do this in these types of situations. You saw something wasn't right, and sure as heck you were right. Not only that, but the experts pointed out even more things that legitimately saved you from being misled. If that isn't proof right there for the value of QC pics and the community we are all a part of, I don't know what is.

shylock

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
13/4/11
Still ticking, almost 2 years.

mamajabubu

Known Member
3/11/10
Thanks. I was a bit hesitant at first about posting QC photos after seeing many users getting flamed for it. But you guys gave been very supportive :)

Ardbeg

Renowned Member
11/2/15
Just received my v5. Looks good. I'm happy. However, the bracelet was not installed correctly so I had to remove and re-install it.

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Wow, what a story. Definitely makes me wonder. Thank you for having the courage to stand up for what you felt was right.

Also, thank you for posting your QC pics here and asking about this issue so the experts could help you and we could all learn from it. This is exactly why you should do this in these types of situations. You saw something wasn't right, and sure as heck you were right. Not only that, but the experts pointed out even more things that legitimately saved you from being misled. If that isn't proof right there for the value of QC pics and the community we are all a part of, I don't know what is.

+1 to that big time. There is nothing worse than the shitty feeling you get after you realize you've been ripped off. RWI pretty much eliminates the chances you you experiencing that feeling :)

mirozel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/14
looks good but would be easier to say its V5 if u can get the photo of open clasp with visible symbol 2VU like here:

hmm ill check as soon as soon as possible, but is 2VU a clear indication of v5? what exactly do these letters represent?