• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of the month: June 2014 | Planet Ocean GMT Goodplanet from Toro Bravo

max.licht

Getting To Know The Place
4/10/15
The service I can live with. It's the bezel with the numerals.

I've asked Marvelous for some info. So well see what he comes up with. I still want one :lol:

So check your QC pics carefully and ask for different angles. Sometimes its quite tricky to evaluate the bezels by pics.

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Very interesting finds in regards this Watch.

Puretime has a couple one is claimed to have a asian A2836 and the other a A2824 with independant GMT hand I would like to know how that works since the 2824 does not have a day complication to drive the GMT.

http://www.puretime.watch/product/p...ceramic-bezel-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2836/

http://www.puretime.watch/product/seamaster-planet-ocean-gmt-ss-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2824/

So

Out of the above 2 which is the one to choose. Don't quite understand when it is said that BP is the only maker but there are 2 versions which are quoted as different sizes as well as movements.
And, I would prefer blue rubber strap, which doesn't seem to be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
There is another company making them if you read through this thread you will see Sead got an example that I didnt like, the Pearl was wrong and it had a Miyota 8215. These two from puretime are both BP and I doubt the 2824 exists or works with an independant GMT hand, maybe it just follows the 12 hour hand but on a 24 hr rotation and you turn the bezel to set your plus or minus time like on the old GMTs

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
You are probably right. The pictures on Puretime of the 2824 are terrible.
The position of the date cut out window is weird as well. Miles away from the 3 marker. Pretty sure I might have seen that on another TD site. Will have to check.....

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
I've got Lucy looking for one for me. She does say the GMT hand is more red than the gen orange

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Lucy has sent me some QC's from a sale she had some time ago, just to check she was looking at the right watch. These are not my QC's, she hasn't got back to me with price or availability yet. Hope it's OK to post the pics.
The bezel numbers seem off centre as already discussed about this rep.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Realistically that's very good looking, I think the two key elements I have found are does it mechanically function properly. Date change by hand and while running, same with gmt hand adjustable and working. Then a real big one are the indices and Arabic numerals clean or are the covered with micro fingerprints and micro snot, this dulls the chrome effect and when you look through a loupe you see why clean indices make all the difference.

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Pity not UK. Only one in UK on Chrono24 and its £5000

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Just confirmed a purchase from Lucy. Hopefully get it before Christmas. She's going to use her own watchsmith to clean the dial and inside the crystal, at no cost to me, if they are covered in dust and fingerprints, she's well aware of the reputation of the BP factory. What a great TD she is.
Asked her about getting a rubber blue strap but she's said BP told her they have them but don't fit this model which is a shame.
Anyone have experience or know what to look for in getting a blue rubber?

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Just confirmed a purchase from Lucy. Hopefully get it before Christmas. She's going to use her own watchsmith to clean the dial and inside the crystal, at no cost to me, if they are covered in dust and fingerprints, she's well aware of the reputation of the BP factory. What a great TD she is.
Asked her about getting a rubber blue strap but she's said BP told her they have them but don't fit this model which is a shame.
Anyone have experience or know what to look for in getting a blue rubber?

It'll fit, but it takes some elbow grease. Obviously its a 22mm strap in 21mm lugs, but it can be done. Biggest issue I found was that the lug holes were just a wee bit off from where the spring bar goes through in the rubber. Had to bend the ends of the spring bars a little. But when it locked in it was in good. Def prefer it on the rubber.

3E8AD3DC-4799-4DD8-A353-ECB68A1496C1_zpsaj0l6d0k.jpg

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
It'll fit, but it takes some elbow grease. Obviously its a 22mm strap in 21mm lugs, but it can be done. Biggest issue I found was that the lug holes were just a wee bit off from where the spring bar goes through in the rubber. Had to bend the ends of the spring bars a little. But when it locked in it was in good. Def prefer it on the rubber.

3E8AD3DC-4799-4DD8-A353-ECB68A1496C1_zpsaj0l6d0k.jpg

Thanks
So is that definitely a BP rubber?
Should I just insist Lucy gets it and then try my luck fitting it if there is a fair chance of success?
Any idea how much you paid please?

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
[MENTION=101868]RichRobby[/MENTION]

Yeah BP rubber. Got it from Josh at Perfect Clones for $85 I believe.

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
[MENTION=82129]Thrasher[/MENTION] You got a gen??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Yep, I couldn't resist that sale.

as you can see it arrived on the 17th then got wrapped. Now I look like a real nut job because I have a fit bit on my right wrist and an omega on my left, here is the 600m a couple days ago.