• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of the month: June 2014 | Planet Ocean GMT Goodplanet from Toro Bravo

glengrant

Known Member
16/10/13
I got one from sead and first time I looked what really impressed me was the ar..impressive!!
Then inspected for dust or problems with functions and all good...
Then came the bezel and the disappointment...
Numbers were almost touching the glass from 18 to 8 and then centered the other half...
Crown also has that clicking sound when screwing in...
Asked sead for a replacement bezel wirh correct centered numbers.. He is always prompt to help.
Still not safe to leave it to my watchsmith and replace a ceramic bezel though...
Let's see how it works and then I'll update post..

Sent from my thumb...

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
That's the problem with the BP bezel insert numbers not equal distance from inner ring, Also dirty indices , Arabic numerals and hands. Plus only one movement available rebuilt Swiss ETA , why they cant give us a new Asian ETA is beyond me....Oh well all i can do is work with what I can get and hope for the future!

glengrant

Known Member
16/10/13
Daaamn...
Not looking good...
Hoping the new bezel will be better somehow

Sent from my thumb...

redPandaWrangler

Renowned Member
6/7/15
I just received mine last week. After wondering what was making a clinking sound every time I moved my hand, I realized the rotor wasn't actually screwed down. Turns out, it would actually get stuck against the crystal caseback and wouldn't wind anyway as well. QC issues with BP? Yes.

But other than that, I've been really happy with the watch. Everything else looks great and it's absolutely stunning.

max.licht

Getting To Know The Place
4/10/15
20151108_151902_zpsnrf5bg39.jpg

I got this one from Ryan with a broken main spring. Ryan tried to make me happy but a user fixed it. Now its running realy smooth. Bad luck that BP is the only one making this nice watches. I think they have some QC issues.......

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
20151108_151902_zpsnrf5bg39.jpg

I got this one from Ryan with a broken main spring. Ryan tried to make me happy but a user fixed it. Now its running realy smooth. Bad luck that BP is the only one making this nice watches. I think they have some QC issues.......

Your Dial and Bezel look very good, movements can be fixed. Sharkey has a genuine and Ishmel a very good BP example.

max.licht

4/10/15
i need a half link for the ss bracelt for the good planet gmt.............

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
i need a half link for the ss bracelt for the good planet gmt.............

Sorry I have a big wrist, You might want to look a eBay or buy a Bracelet from a trusted dealer , wont be cheap but you will never be short of parts if you have a problem in the future plus when you go to sell it its a big plus

max.licht

4/10/15
Sorry I have a big wrist, You might want to look a eBay or buy a Bracelet from a trusted dealer , wont be cheap but you will never be short of parts if you have a problem in the future plus when you go to sell it its a big plus

Thanks, same here :) But a TD bracelet is 55 US. And i just need a half link for perfection :)

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
$55 is nothing a friggin NOOB crown for a Explorer 2 is $45. There they go again Chinese exploiting the workers of the world.

Monty010

21/12/12
Oh stop guys. :p Need this. But the problems with movement and bezel are holding me back :(

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Oh stop guys. :p Need this. But the problems with movement and bezel are holding me back :(

And me. Read this thread back and forth the trying to see if there was a 'good' option. If only the gen was a touch cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

max.licht

4/10/15
if you spend some money in a service, you will get a decent and beautyful watch. I love mine now :)

Monty010

21/12/12
if you spend some money in a service, you will get a decent and beautyful watch. I love mine now :)

The service I can live with. It's the bezel with the numerals.

I've asked Marvelous for some info. So well see what he comes up with. I still want one :lol: