• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of the month: June 2014 | Planet Ocean GMT Goodplanet from Toro Bravo

Monty010

21/12/12
Oh I just love that blue and orange combo.

This watch is on the top of my Wtb list :p

Monty010

21/12/12
Yes I just have to get one then :)

I'm currently awaiting a old school smp chrono :)
So it will be next on the list.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Much better bezel numbers, and it looks like a better GMT logo, but that date wheel is hideous. Wish I could just buy the insert and swap it in on my BP.

Look at the Pearl man its to small plus its got a 8215 in it!

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Yeah the pearl is bad too… if they'd just ask us, we could help them create the perfect rep!

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Hey so I took the movement and Dial out today to clean the dial Indices and it started working!!!! WTF

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
So this afternoon The dial and indices looked pretty clean and it was running so I decided to re case it and see how it looked /worked ,,,,,,,2 indices fell off and the 2 feel off the 12 so back to the old drawing board!!!!!

dpats

Getting To Know The Place
27/9/15
Great work with the review. Nice photos.
also great watch. Bravo

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Well I never got around to putting it back in the case so yesterday I tried to do a little final clean up on the dial and off went the number 1 from the 12, lost for good.... Great news is I was so motivated by this watch I thought I would order another and it arrived yesterday from Torro, Dial looked better than the last one which I got from intime and sent back because of a bad crown and bracelet, but then it came back with a great crown and bracelet and a filthy dial. Now this new one from Torro the date does not change and gmt hand dosent work, I swear BP factory is the biggest pile of crap on earth, Toro could of done better with quality control but once again I have a plan as I always do and that is to send it to VAC with a new swiss eta 2836 I got from Otto Frei. If anything I will have spare parts. I have to send a video to Torro of the thing not working so maybe I can get a little money back to at least pay for installation... What a Pain in the ARSE.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
[MENTION=82129]Thrasher[/MENTION], man I am sorry to read this since there is nothing worse than getting a watch with problems.. Good luck with the repair but I believe it will come out much better with the Swiss ETA!

Sent from my S6 Edge+

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I have come to expect things like this, its a hobby for me so I'm not bothered by these things. BP can make a pretty great watch on the outside but the internals are usually junk. I can say this based on one BP EXP2 movement fail, One BP Sea Dweller advertised as having a 2836 when in fact it had a 2824 and now two BP Omegas with mechanical and appearance issues.

I just keep moving forward.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
This one is going direct to VAC for a new swiss 2836, Dial indices are not perfect but its the best so far, arrived from Toro Date and GMT not working.. BP quality at its best.