• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

kalbotron

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/14
Hopefully after the Labor Day holiday in China (May 1 - 5), everything starts moving slowly... Too bad I ordered prior to reading the news about the raids, my April 14 orders are now stuck in "processing" and still no news with the QC pics... Waiting patiently, hopefully it gets processed before my birthday. (^_^)

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Back kn the days some US cars had 2 keys. A key for women which was a bit shorter, so only works for 4 zylinders....full power on male key

Reactions: Manuel.b

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
When 1 falls, 5 more pop up. The Rep game is like a real life hydra. Anyone know if another factory will create another 4130 movement - if Noob is supposedly “gone forever”.

Reactions: JonathanLing91

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
Imma buy pallets of daytona just for being on the safe side
Gonna rent a forklift for the occasion.

Luckily I bought a chocolate, panda, and black dial before the raids. I just received my panda - probably the last one out the factory before the raid.

I’ll probably buy another one if they ever come back just to stash it in case something happens to this lol

91838037204640121b0e076c43bf6e35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: NotSoSmart

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Luckily I bought a chocolate, panda, and black dial before the raids. I just received my panda - probably the last one out the factory before the raid.

I’ll probably buy another one if they ever come back just to stash it in case something happens to this lol

91838037204640121b0e076c43bf6e35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats, sell me one, you only have 2 wrists :)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Wow, LOL, so many "experts" having a say here who know utterly nothing. Below is just a sample of some of the nonsense in the last 10 or so pages.

in the reps the ratio of production and resale costs is very low. we are not talking about billions in earnings
Not billions maybe but the market is in the 100s of millions, it's a lot larger than you think. Just one maker last year did 20,000 examples of just a single variation of AP ROO and there is two dozen in their lineup, that's just ROOs . . .

My main problem was that they send emails left right and center when ( in my opinion ) they have absolutely no idea what will happen.
Seriously? Think you will find that Angus knows a lot more than you think, stop making baseless comments based on what you think is correct.

Noob has invested much money in the machines.
What machines? Noob don't make watches, none of the "factories" do. They assemble from parts come in from a wide variety of other people, hands from one place, the case from another and the dial somewhere else and bracelet from yet another. Most of these come from businesses involved the gen trade, these places make parts for many gen brands and as a sideline make bits for reps. Noob sell 100s of 1000s of watches a year, do you really think they have a huge plant somewhere that takes raw materials in one end and sends watches out the other?

And all TDs and High-End-Rep-Factories together have a lower turnover than the Company-Kindergarten of Huawei or the canteen of BOE ;-)
Also untrue, you have no grasp of how huge an industry this is, entire containers of product leave GZ every single day bound for the Middle East and Africa.

Despite all of the rumours, I know that Noob's operations are too big to be shutdown indefinitely.
Consider the following factors:
(1) They most definitely have diversified their production throughout china and may have the capacity to look elsewhere, where labour costs are low.
(2) The machinery and systems in place to manufacture high end replicas have intrinsic value [all of this information cannot just simply disappear, it will go to the next highest bidder].
[/QUOTE]
You have no idea what you are talking about, the above makes this quite obvious because every last bit of it is incorrect. Noob do not make anything, they assemble from parts obtained from legitimate suppliers the same as any other rep "factory" does. They supply some tooling such as moulds to some of those suppliers but that's it.

What you are saying does not make sense. "it's only illegal in a very few countries to own and purchasing a counterfeit item " !!!!!!!!!!!. How come there is a huge amount of effort and expense to get them trough customs then? If they are not illegal there wouldn't be a problem. I personally don't know of ANY country where it is legal to buy and receive a counterfeit item.
There are only a handful of countries in the world where it is illegal to possess a counterfeit product (Itally is one example) and in most even importation is a civil matter not a criminal one. Selling them is a criminal matter in a few more yes but even that is a trademark breach for the most and yes, that may or may not ba a criminal offence but possession is very rarely criminal. Please stop going on about shit you do not have any understanding of.

With the exception of a few folk who actually know of what they speak almost EVERYTHING written in the last 20 odd pages is pure conjecture on the part of people who guessing or parroting rumours. The Iraqi Infomation Minister would be proud of some of the disinformation in this thread, give it a break.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Also untrue, you have no grasp of how huge an industry this is, entire containers of product leave GZ every single day bound for the Middle East and Africa.

We are talking about High End Replicas. How many of them are sold per year? Huawei has a yearly turnover of 136 Billion US$. How much is a normal High End Rep? Let us say 300 US$? So the Factories have to sell round about 45 Million Reps per year to match Huaweis revenue. Is the industry really that large? You are the expert, I am just guessing.

Last edited:

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Wow, LOL, so many "experts" having a say here who know utterly nothing. Below is just a sample of some of the nonsense in the last 10 or so pages.

Not billions maybe but the market is in the 100s of millions, it's a lot larger than you think. Just one maker last year did 20,000 examples of just a single variation of AP ROO and there is two dozen in their lineup, that's just ROOs . . .

Seriously? Think you will find that Angus knows a lot more than you think, stop making baseless comments based on what you think is correct.

What machines? Noob don't make watches, none of the "factories" do. They assemble from parts come in from a wide variety of other people, hands from one place, the case from another and the dial somewhere else and bracelet from yet another. Most of these come from businesses involved the gen trade, these places make parts for many gen brands and as a sideline make bits for reps. Noob sell 100s of 1000s of watches a year, do you really think they have a huge plant somewhere that takes raw materials in one end and sends watches out the other?

Consider the following factors:
(1) They most definitely have diversified their production throughout china and may have the capacity to look elsewhere, where labour costs are low.
(2) The machinery and systems in place to manufacture high end replicas have intrinsic value [all of this information cannot just simply disappear, it will go to the next highest bidder].
You have no idea what you are talking about, the above makes this quite obvious because every last bit of it is incorrect. Noob do not make anything, they assemble from parts obtained from legitimate suppliers the same as any other rep "factory" does. They supply some tooling such as moulds to some of those suppliers but that's it.

There are only a handful of countries in the world where it is illegal to possess a counterfeit product (Itally is one example) and in most even importation is a civil matter not a criminal one. Selling them is a criminal matter in a few more yes but even that is a trademark breach for the most and yes, that may or may not ba a criminal offence but possession is very rarely criminal. Please stop going on about shit you do not have any understanding of.

With the exception of a few folk who actually know of what they speak almost EVERYTHING written in the last 20 odd pages is pure conjecture on the part of people who guessing or parroting rumours. The Iraqi Infomation Minister would be proud of some of the disinformation in this thread, give it a break.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the insights, what is your assessment for thr future? Will it get harder to buy reps or business as usual after a couple of weeks?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
We are talking about High End Replicas. How many of them are sold per year? Huwaei has a yearly turnover of 136 Billion US$. How much is a normal High End Rep? Let us say 300 US$? So the Factories have to sell round about 45 Million Reps per year to match Huaweis revenue. Is the industry really that large? You are the expert, I am just guessing.

+1

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
We are talking about High End Replicas. How many of them are sold per year? Huawei has a yearly turnover of 136 Billion US$. How much is a normal High End Rep? Let us say 300 US$? So the Factories have to sell round about 45 Million Reps per year to match Huaweis revenue. Is the industry really that large? You are the expert, I am just guessing.

Somehow I don't think their kindergarten turns over that much money, that was the statement you made. As I stated the rep industry turns over 100s of millions a year and reps is reps high end or not. Yo8u don't think some of the "factories" have a hand in the cheapies as well?

Reactions: jcher and Lariram

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

With the exception of a few folk who actually know of what they speak almost EVERYTHING written in the last 20 odd pages is pure conjecture on the part of people who guessing or parroting rumours. The Iraqi Infomation Minister would be proud of some of the disinformation in this thread, give it a break.
Thanks for the insights, what is your assessment for thr future? Will it get harder to buy reps or business as usual after a couple of weeks?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

[/QUOTE]

Why the hell are you copy/pastaing me?