• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QF Daydate 36MM Tungsten

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
I’ve heard promising things about Renaissance Wax as a way to prevent or delay replating

LazyDuck

Known Member
24/8/22
I’ve heard promising things about Renaissance Wax as a way to prevent or delay replating
Yes I believe its regularly used on gold plated jewellery as protectant.

Would be worth trying out if we could find more info on the QF DD 36. 😂

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
An observation: it still looks like Steve is the only TD who features these watches. I never saw that before in the release of a new line of watches. I don’t know if it’s call to be concerned, it just strikes me as unusual

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Not a cause for concern by any means IMO.

LazyDuck

Known Member
24/8/22
I'm sure Sead is another that can source any 36mm QF model, shouldn't be a problem for any trusted TD

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
Thanks for mentioning that, I just looked and ah ha, intime has them. Was good to see different photos.

Reactions: rolexluther

SeltzerAddict

Maybe Can’t Afford Genuine
27/7/24
NY
Has anyone bought the green ombre dial? I've been told by my TD the QF DDs are not that great.

Not entirely sure if I should pull the trigger :/
I absolutely love the green ombre dial.. I haven't seen a rep factory make them yet. Was hoping Clean will put one out soon.

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
I bet Clean will be next to make 36mm DDs and it wouldn’t surprise me if they will be the most accurate but who knows when they might decide to make them

Reactions: SeltzerAddict

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
My dj 36 vs the dd36
Similar measurements for crystal. . So I would say yes...
My dj has xing bezel .. imo it's a lil better but not that much IRL tbh
Hi, mate. How is the tone of the steel compared to the DJ? is it the same?

Cubatobaco

Horological Specimen
Supporter
Certified
24/6/24
VA
I just received my Xing bezel and deep crytstal for that exact blue ombre president, but in a. 40. I had to end up purchasing a new gasket and the rep is too thick for the Xing bezel. Plus the rep one looked like the ring from a Deer Park water bottle...lol. I'm going to have to sand the new gasket that will be here Friday, but that should solve my dilemma. I'll post pics when I'm done.

PS - I will say that the deep crystal brought out that already vibrant Blue Ombre dial. I was a skeptic, but sold on this one.

Reactions: mcboom

Cubatobaco

Horological Specimen
Supporter
Certified
24/6/24
VA
I'm so sorry but I don't understand your response
I'm sorry...read your question wrong.

I'm not sure. I'm sure the build is the same. My advice is to be careful with the reheat as it is just a ring that snaps in the mid-case. Mine wasn't snapped in and came out with the bezel, crystal, and gasket. I was able to align it better than the factory and snap it in the mid case. Doesn't move now.

Reactions: acesup11