• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

domiffm

handsome
Gold Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
It’s only noticeable in certain conditions. My v3 has this flaw and I’ve had it for months. Didn’t notice it until it was pointed out on v4 and happened to check my v3.
Here a comparison between my V3 (installed) vs. V4 (on top). Maybe the 1 8 mismatch is present on V3 as well, but to a very much lesser degree.
IMG-4669.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

geoffdragon

Supporter
Certified
18/5/21
Uk
Is it possible to reduce the height of these ceramic bezels by sanding them?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Very nice! Is yours a V3 insert, not seeing any 1 8 color mismatch. Kudos on the gen parts upgrades.
Thanks KJ! It's a V4 and there's little or no difference between v3 and v4 that I can see.

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸

Made the switch. Thinned out the xing so it sits recessed. Glued in with slow cure epoxy. Movement is running gen balance and auto wind system. Looks pretty good I think.
Looks awesome. Big upgrade to me.

Wish I wasn’t too lazy to sand my insert down. Also afraid cause I’ve cracked an insert before, I probably would apply too much pressure for 1 second of 30 mins of sanding.

If I’m giving Xing notes, I think blue could be a a tad bluer. I know gen is very dark, but always looks blue to me. My Xing outside with some cloud cover, the blue looked black to me.

Price aside, I think I’ll be happy after the paint mod.

Manuelito108

Getting To Know The Place
20/2/23
Italy
I painted with silver metallic first c+ bezel and then v4 xing, seems very better done now instead it arrives. The 18 seems more regular as colour and 6 shows no passage from red to blue
10 minutes work , very easy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I painted with silver metallic first c+ bezel and then v4 xing, seems very better done now instead it arrives. The 18 seems more regular as colour and 6 shows no passage from red to blue

Looks awesome bro, nice work

Reactions: Manuelito108

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Still very happy with old noob with new Ali insert. Making out of the watch box more and more.
It sits nicely recessed in the bezel well, and fits right up to the bezel lip. What's not to love?

Granted the Noob insert was quite thick, its bezel well is very deep and it has a PHAT lip, haha. Looks fabulous in that case.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjt202020

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22

Did you use Molotow?