• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

StJin

Getting To Know The Place
21/9/19
FR/USA
I just receive the pepsi bezel from AE. Not sure what to think. Quality look pretty good, minor speed bumps, platinum numbers are slightly too bright, colors look still a bit off and the biggest problem is they are really dull. On camera it look's close to gen, but in real life they just don't. It would probably be much better if the gloss was the same like on CF. Anyone tried to polish the bezel themselves and got any good results?

I also just received mine and had a similar reaction. Under natural outdoor light I found the red much too salmon colored compared to the CF insert, the blue had too much purple. Indoor lighting (3000K) improved both colors IMHO.

I've seen several gens IRL, and they never struck me as having that salmon color nuance. I might be mistaken of course, since my wife sees the purple dress and I see the gold dress :p

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
What will it be?

3bYneW.jpeg

Manuelito108

Getting To Know The Place
20/2/23
Italy
I bought it in a physic shop of town not online. I asked a “silver metallic” marker and they sold me a comic book marker with thin tip

Reactions: Neon

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
I read recently that there’s a Xing V5 insert now that’s the correct thinkness and doesn’t have the inconsistencies between the 1 and the 8 at the transition points. Has anyone heard / seen anything?

Jxwatch1

Supporter
Certified
3/10/18
I read recently that there’s a Xing V5 insert now that’s the correct thinkness and doesn’t have the inconsistencies between the 1 and the 8 at the transition points. Has anyone heard / seen anything?
Have a v5. Thickness is correct. 1 and 8 transitions are correct. But in certain lighting the brigher 1 vs 8 still is there

Last edited:

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
Got it. I’ve one of the AE inserts as it looks like the come from the same place. With any luck they’ll be the correct thickness. If not I’ve got a lot of gentle sanding to do! Not too fussed about the platinum plating as I’ll go for the paint mod. Fingers crossed.

If anyone has received a AE insert recently let me know how it’s looking.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Got it. I’ve one of the AE inserts as it looks like the come from the same place. With any luck they’ll be the correct thickness. If not I’ve got a lot of gentle sanding to do! Not too fussed about the platinum plating as I’ll go for the paint mod. Fingers crossed.

If anyone has received a AE insert recently let me know how it’s looking.
It’s not the same. I have two Xing inserts and two AE inserts.

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
that’s what I’m wondering too. I assume that the Xing is better. When my AE insert arrives, I’ll post a few photos. If I’m not Happy I’ll list it for sale and go with the Xing.

I don’t suppose @e1phantom can post a couple of photos of the two side by side so we can see how they look.

What was the thickness of them? Do they also need to be shaved / thinned like the Xing ones?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
that’s what I’m wondering too. I assume that the Xing is better. When my AE insert arrives, I’ll post a few photos. If I’m not Happy I’ll list it for sale and go with the Xing.

I don’t suppose @e1phantom can post a couple of photos of the two side by side so we can see how they look.

What was the thickness of them? Do they also need to be shaved / thinned like the Xing ones?
I posted a comparison thread a few months ago but it got no responses. Not sure how to find that thread now.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Okay, so it got a couple responses after all.

Reactions: mmaggi and Neon

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Sorry, just realized that I actually did not include the Xing inserts lol I thought I did. Oops!

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
Okay, so it got a couple responses after all.

I never saw it, thanks for sharing. Just needs a Xing v5 added!

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I never saw it, thanks for sharing. Just needs a Xing v5 added!
I’m waiting to put in a bulk order with Patrick, but I’ve got too many other projects tying up funds. Hopefully when I am ready there will be a v6 lol

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
I’m waiting to put in a bulk order with Patrick, but I’ve got too many other projects tying up funds. Hopefully when I am ready there will be a v6 lol
Yea I’m skipping v5 I think. Waiting till they fix the 1-8 problem

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
@Jxwatch1 can you post some pics? I have only seen one V5 so far and the insert sat well above the bezel edge, when it should be visibly recessed below it. Wonder if it’s a batch issue.