• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I wouldn’t be surprised if the left is “Xing v3” (IOW not double platinum)

Reactions: Neon

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I have Xing v3 and v4 (but v4 is with Oascom). And the AE one is arriving tomorrow.

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
I have Xing v3 and v4 (but v4 is with Oascom). And the AE one is arriving tomorrow.
4 BLRO bezels? :eek:
You guys aren’t good influences on me to slow my rep/part/mod spending.
But I appreciate the comparison you’ll be able to do.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
4 BLRO bezels? :eek:
You guys aren’t good influences on me to slow my rep/part/mod spending.
But I appreciate the comparison you’ll be able to do.
Two stock CF, Xing v3, Xing v4, and Aliexpress.

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
Two stock CF, Xing v3, Xing v4, and Aliexpress.
Why’d you send the v4 for work instead of the v3? Aren’t they the same besides the number paint? And v3 is worse, so would more benefit?

And are you a big fan of the v3 that you tried the v4?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Why’d you send the v4 for work instead of the v3? Aren’t they the same besides the number paint? And v3 is worse, so would more benefit?

And are you a big fan of the v3 that you tried the v4?
V3 isn’t being worked on by Oascom, per se. He is just using it for a meteorite Pepsi build I commissioned him for.

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
V3 isn’t being worked on by Oascom, per se. He is just using it for a meteorite Pepsi build I commissioned him for.
I love his meteorite dial. I need a more perfect insert I think before I do that splurge though. (Not that you couldn’t just change it later if that comes out)

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I love his meteorite dial. I need a more perfect insert I think before I do that splurge though. (Not that you couldn’t just change it later if that comes out)
His dials are hard to come by. Unlikely to be able to source his dial AND a good insert at the same time. Get one or the other first and enjoy while you wait for the other.

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
I’d say the Ali / dh gate is better base for platinum modding as no speed bump. Also an excellent fit and shows off bezel slope nicely

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14

Some sunshine shots. Cf gen xtal with Xing v3 on oyster vs 2018/19 noob with ali/dhgate

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸

Some sunshine shots. Cf gen xtal with Xing v3 on oyster vs 2018/19 noob with ali/dhgate
You’d say the same besides the engraving paint right?

Last thing I want is Xing next to a gen in different lighting. Well a gen that has similar coloring, assuming it exists. But guess I’ll be waiting a while for AD to provide that for my comparison photo shoot.

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
You’d say the same besides the engraving paint right?

Yes, very close. Of course no speed bump on dh / Ali

Interesting on this image shows some red bleeding into blue on the dh / Ali insert. Can’t see with naked eye

greenbeans

12/9/20
Xing vs dh gate. Xing has speed bumps the dh gate one doesn’t. Xing platinum a bit brighter than dh gate. Like em both and has given my noob time bomb a new lease of life, but for how long 🤷‍♂️.

So for info, does the DHGate pass the UV test?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
From all this comparison shots (thanks btw) for me the engraved numbers on the Xing insert beats all of them. I have a V4, so I'm all set. Minimum speed bump and the platinum color is quite good. Just waiting for my Clean 3285 to arrive...

PHutch

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/1/20
Guys is it worth replacing my CF with the DH/Ali ? I’m not a fan of the Xing speedbumps

chappac

Still New
29/3/23
United Kingdom
Yes, very close. Of course no speed bump on dh / Ali

Interesting on this image shows some red bleeding into blue on the dh / Ali insert. Can’t see with naked eye

What one did you order? Iv got one already but want another for something else I'm planning. Did you get the more expansive plated version available on there ?

Cheers

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
From all this comparison shots (thanks btw) for me the engraved numbers on the Xing insert beats all of them. I have a V4, so I'm all set. Minimum speed bump and the platinum color is quite good. Just waiting for my Clean 3285 to arrive...
I agree, DH/Ali seems to be Xing v3. v4 numbers platinum is much better though. And I didn’t get any speed bumps, so I don’t wish I got Ali version instead. I’m curious if the better/plated version is the v4 though and I could have saved $60.

Reactions: leo6929

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Certified
16/4/22
I've got a recent V4 from Xing and if there are speedbumps on it they aren't visible to my naked eye under close inspection. It also is nicely glossy to my eyes. I wouldn't feel the need to get it polished further.

Reactions: EJerryM and leo6929