• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
xing are too thick. i hope they address that. Sitting flush or above the bezel ring isn’t very desirable IMO. It’s possible to thin them on a diamond sharpening plate but it’s tricky and time consuming. I think @KJ2020 uses a thin smear of slow cure epoxy which I plan to use when I get around to installing mine (which I have thinned). These inserts have desirable color but in some areas still fall a bit short compared to Clean.
I have used BSI 30 min epoxy with bezels and inserts. With a GMT bezel and the oval holes in it, you lose a lot of surface area to put glue.

So I recommend installing the bezel, then placing small drops on all the available surface areas in the well not near the click pin holes. Align and stick the insert and let it cure. It can be clamped or taped down to minimize height.

Then, for a really secure bond, remove the bezel again, turn it upside down and drool epoxy into the long oval holes. The epoxy will make a little pool, bonding the backside of the insert with the oval hole walls.

There are 6 long oval holes between each click pin hole. If you let the epoxy set up about 5 minutes after mixing it won't run as much. Add glue (no need to fill) to the inner four oval holes between each click pin hole, and let it cure upside down. This process can be reversed with acetone.

och

Known Member
19/4/22
Is this from Xing ?? Is exactly how mine come with the plastic box and 2 sticky rin

Yes and for as long as they glow, it’s from the same manufacturer at this current moment. Notice the color of your numbers, it’s an easy tell.

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
Yes and for as long as they glow, it’s from the same manufacturer at this current moment. Notice the color of your numbers, it’s an easy tell.
I got no sticky rings with my Xing. Feel cheated.

och

Known Member
19/4/22
I got no sticky rings with my Xing. Feel cheated.

How about the overall color and any speed bumps on 6 or 18? The sticker is a small issue, can always sort it out with other products.

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
How about the overall color and any speed bumps on 6 or 18? The sticker is a small issue, can always sort it out with other products.
I agree I don’t love the bezel, but color and speed bumps aren’t a problem on mine. I think not glossy enough, a little thick, and on a few angles, the numbers on each half seem to catch the light differently.

Reactions: och and KJ2020

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
Completely agree with this, the paint was incredibly off-putting to me. A platinum mod is a must for anyone thinking of getting this!!!

I was going to install it the same day I got mine but couldn’t bring myself to do it. I got so used to seeing the platinum engravings on Gen, I’ll wait till I get platinum mod done before installing.

I’ve placed the insert on top of CF insert for comparison. Left is example of platinum on Gen insert, right is xing’s bezel.

zQCfqR.jpg
Not even close. Need Plat mod

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Nice! Mine is arriving tomorrow.

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
Xing vs dh gate. Xing has speed bumps the dh gate one doesn’t. Xing platinum a bit brighter than dh gate. Like em both and has given my noob time bomb a new lease of life, but for how long 🤷‍♂️.

Thanks for sharing. So I’m clear, which is which?

Look pretty close. I give slight edge to the right one.

I see the link to the Ali one, but can you link or give seller name for the dhgate one? How much was it?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Thanks for sharing. So I’m clear, which is which?

Look pretty close. I give slight edge to the right one.

I see the link to the Ali one, but can you link or give seller name for the dhgate one? How much was it?
The one with brighter numerals is Xing.

Reactions: cjt202020