• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

MFK100

Watchaholic !
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Yes insert looks good to a certain level specially on PICS , there is a slight dullness in real life view . Not taking away anything just saying there is more potential in upcoming batches . Specially with the platinum filling if which you’ll enjoy for a while before it is faded.

I bought from Xing , once he is available he is pleasure to deal with , had it installed , felt the fade of the silver fillings then decided to paint mod and ya .. got cracked a bit and tryed to hide with the paint. All in all comparing to my gen MK3 i think it is a very good attempt . The thing with BLRO inserts that they do vary in color reflections and 33D effects under different lighting conditions which is something is super hard to replicate. But very close tbh..

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
Yes insert looks good to a certain level specially on PICS , there is a slight dullness in real life view . Not taking away anything just saying there is more potential in upcoming batches . Specially with the platinum filling if which you’ll enjoy for a while before it is faded.

I bought from Xing , once he is available he is pleasure to deal with , had it installed , felt the fade of the silver fillings then decided to paint mod and ya .. got cracked a bit and tryed to hide with the paint. All in all comparing to my gen MK3 i think it is a very good attempt . The thing with BLRO inserts that they do vary in color reflections and 33D effects under different lighting conditions which is something is super hard to replicate. But very close tbh..

Nice comparison!

Insert is underwhelming for the price.

Reactions: och

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
We all have a price we're willing to pay. I just bought the $70 insert from Aliexpress - we'll see how that matches up in comparison to Xing. Would obviously prefer to pay less, but if the Xing bezel turns out to be the best available then I am okay with the prices I've paid (I have two of them...).

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Saw that Aliexpress insert and it looks very similar to Xing´s... We will see how they stack up.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Apparently there are two Aliexpress inserts worth looking at. The plated one is around $110 if I remember correctly.

Reactions: leo6929

och

Known Member
19/4/22
Did you guys notice that when the insert gets wet, no. 6 and 18 tends to be a bit more greyish compared to the other numbers? or is it just mine?

Manuelito108

Getting To Know The Place
20/2/23
Italy
Did you guys notice that when the insert gets wet, no. 6 and 18 tends to be a bit more greyish compared to the other numbers? or is it just mine?
Mine the 6 is not good under a kind of light, it seems there are bubbles under the platinum.
I contact Patrick but he tells me it s normal because of two different kind of colours (all is red and over blue)

Reactions: Neon

och

Known Member
19/4/22
Mine the 6 is not good under a kind of light, it seems there are bubbles under the platinum.
I contact Patrick but he tells me it s normal because of two different kind of colours (all is red and over blue)

Oh dear, that’s a tough one. It cannot be normal but I guess it’s attributed by lack of consistency & QC when they make these inserts.

Looks like both of us are not getting good ones :( that’s quite an easy tell IMHO. Just wondering if there’s a way to fix it?

Manuelito108

20/2/23
Italy
Oh dear, that’s a tough one. It cannot be normal but I guess it’s attributed by lack of consistency & QC when they make these inserts.

Looks like both of us are not getting good ones :( that’s quite an easy tell IMHO. Just wondering if there’s a way to fix it?
Yes from QC pics all was ok, i’d like to know if somebody tells me how i can “repair” this bad effect, i wait 🙏

och

Known Member
19/4/22
Yes from QC pics all was ok, i’d like to know if somebody tells me how i can “repair” this bad effect, i wait 🙏

The discoloration and uneven is hard to be shown on photos unless we snap it at the right angle/lighting.

I read about paint mod using Posca markers but unsure what is the right color to use. I don’t think the silver will match correctly unless we paint all the numbers.

Reactions: Manuelito108

Manuelito108

20/2/23
Italy
If anybody has news about it please let me know 🙏
Posca marker have big tip so i think it’s to hard to do

och

Known Member
19/4/22
If anybody has news about it please let me know 🙏
Posca marker have big tip so i think it’s to hard to do

From what I understand, it is OK for the paint to flow over the bezel insert as it will not stick onto it. We just need to rub it off afterwards. If you’re worried, put some masking tape around the xtal.

The only problem now is to get the right color tone. If possible I just want to correct 18 or one side of the numbers. Otherwise we end up painting the whole bezel, I don’t know if it’ll look well.

It’s a shame that 6 and 18 is causing the whole problem now :(

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
Anyone take pics removing the old insert? Do I have to remove the whole bezel or can I jimmy the insert out while bezel is attached?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Anyone take pics removing the old insert? Do I have to remove the whole bezel or can I jimmy the insert out while bezel is attached?
Remove the whole bezel. It’s easy and not work risking this step, IMO.

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
Remove the whole bezel. It’s easy and not work risking this step, IMO.
Thanks, wasn’t sure what was necessary or not since the guides seem to change crystals and other parts at the same time.

I got some 3m rings as adhesive. Tool wise, do I need a crystal press or anything to push it down? Or some knives and screwdrivers should be everything needed?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Thanks, wasn’t sure what was necessary or not since the guides seem to change crystals and other parts at the same time.

I got some 3m rings as adhesive. Tool wise, do I need a crystal press or anything to push it down? Or some knives and screwdrivers should be everything needed?
In MOST cases, the crystal will not come off with the bezel assembly (although I have seen it happen). I recommend a bezel removal tool, but you can likely get by with some tape, butter knife, and patience. Everything snaps back on without any tools (assuming the crystal doesn’t come off with the bezel, but that rarely happens).

I’d say start to finish, it’s easily a 15 minute job or less even if you take your time.

Reactions: leo6929

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
In MOST cases, the crystal will not come off with the bezel assembly (although I have seen it happen). I recommend a bezel removal tool, but you can likely get by with some tape, butter knife, and patience. Everything snaps back on without any tools (assuming the crystal doesn’t come off with the bezel, but that rarely happens).

I’d say start to finish, it’s easily a 15 minute job or less even if you take your time.
I removed the bezel and got the old insert out.

Do I put bezel back on THEN the insert so I make sure I get it aligned? Or insert first.

And should I be cleaning off the old adhesive that was holding the old insert? Yes right? Soap and water ok?