• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

Mark1937

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Exactly. Want gen ? Buy gen. Otherwise let’s be happy with the advances in the rep parts and enjoy them for what they are, reps.

@Mark1937 this Mk II, right ?

MK4 :)

in 2023 the gen inserts have changed further. They gave the insert more nuances, lightened a bit the blue that had become too dark and not very "pepsi". The raspberry red remained unchanged. The insert now goes from very dark shades to colors close to MK1 depending on the light and the inclination.
Same insert on different lights:

xing_david

Known Member
Supporting Vendor
14/3/23
California
If you are interested I can have both installed for you. Most of the time these can be pressure fitted but depends on the installer. The other option is to use an adhesive ring.

Mark1937

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Is it 100% perfect? No
Is it very very close to gen color? Definitely yes. So IMO it’s the best we have and definitely worth the money for me.

I was skeptical too but when I received the bezel I was totally convinced. For me no mod necessary. The small speedbumps are not really visible and the thickness perfect. Here my Xing V3 installed on my VRF vs. Gen
IMG-4475.jpg
The best rep insert you can find for pepsi at moment ;-)

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden

in 2023 the gen inserts have changed further. They gave the insert more nuances, lightened a bit the blue that had become too dark and not very "pepsi". The raspberry red remained unchanged. The insert now goes from very dark shades to colors close to MK1 depending on the light and the inclination.

Bottom right one is the tone I associated to Mk IV !! Awesome. Well ofc then, Mk IV > Mk I, but in a vacuum that actually does not invalidate the xing insert at all

It all becomes a debate of which Mk is better...

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22

Brilliant!

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
If you are interested I can have both installed for you. Most of the time these can be pressure fitted but depends on the installer. The other option is to use an adhesive ring.
How can you install for us? Send you our watch?

Is pressure fitted an option? Insert looks too small for that I thought.

Anyone have a tip of how to line up the bezel for center click to be at 12?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
How can you install for us? Send you our watch?

Is pressure fitted an option? Insert looks too small for that I thought.

Anyone have a tip of how to line up the bezel for center click to be at 12?
Install the insert last and it’s easy to line up.

Manuelito108

Getting To Know The Place
20/2/23
Italy
To fix is very simple, i bought this tape u see in pics and put it around rear bezel. Now it fixes on watch

Reactions: Neon

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
V4 is pressure fitted ? V3 is way too small to be pressure fitted

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
The Xing bezels I have are too small for friction fit which is probably the safest bet for those who might not have the right presses and dies for installation and removal.