• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

domiffm

handsome
Gold Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
IMG-4455.jpg

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Certified
16/4/22
Does anyone have good reference on how the Bezel should fit in terms of it's height on a Gen 126710? Is it flush, slightly inset, or slightly raised on Gen? Trying to gather good reference for how much material i'll need to shave down with 240 grit to get appropriate depth.

Mark1937

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Does anyone have good reference on how the Bezel should fit in terms of it's height on a Gen 126710? Is it flush, slightly inset, or slightly raised on Gen? Trying to gather good reference for how much material i'll need to shave down with 240 grit to get appropriate depth.
on the gen it is a recessed hair

Reactions: cyprusdaedalus

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
These inserts seem to be extremely inconsistent.

Some of them look way worse than Clean or C+. I’ve seen plenty with extremely visible speed bumps on 6 and 18.

Others look flawless.

The fact that it’s consistently claimed to be “closest to gen” is a bit dishonest.

Doesn’t seem to be worth the $200 just for the insert. To each their own!

Last edited:

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
These inserts seem to be extremely inconsistent.

Some of them look way worse than Clean or C+. I’ve seen plenty with extremely visible speed bumps on 6 and 18.

Others look flawless.

The fact that it’s consistently claimed to be “closest to gen” is a bit dishonest.

Doesn’t seem to be worse the $200 just for the insert. To each their own!
Never know with photos, so need to go by people who got them. And almost all seem very happy.

While it definitely has its own flaws like thickness, and I agree, the price ($165-200) for a non-perfect insert is too high to me, the red color on my CF insert bothers me enough I’m taking the chance.

Reactions: leo6929

chappac

Still New
29/3/23
United Kingdom
There a pic of a gem a few post back in a bezel ring ...

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Funny how it works, for years the community has been complaining about bad colors, wrong height for the color transition esp. on the 18.

Now that both the colors and the color transition are nailed, people complain about fixable issues…

> speed bumps ? Commission a platinum mod, problem solved.
> insert too dull ? Ask the modder for a polish, problem solved
> thickness problem ? Ask him to shave the insert to correct height, problem solved

Granted, it will cost 200$ extra… but the result will be perfect

Reactions: leo6929 and Neon

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
Funny how it works, for years the community has been complaining about bad colors, wrong height for the color transition esp. on the 18.

Now that both the colors and the color transition are nailed, people complain about fixable issues…

> speed bumps ? Commission a platinum mod, problem solved.
> insert too dull ? Ask the modder for a polish, problem solved
> thickness problem ? Ask him to shave the insert to correct height, problem solved

Granted, it will cost 200$ extra… but the result will be perfect
Don’t lump me into this, I’m just an unbiased observer here. I’ve never complained about the current stock bezels. I’m scrolling through pics and reading comments. I happen to like the color of the current stock bezels.

I just happen to think that the xing bezel is not “perfect”. Sure the entire bezel is red like gen under blue light. But, the color is meh. Also, there are A LOT of inconsistencies. For $200, I’d expect - excellent. It’s 40% of what the watch costs. Folks shouldn’t have to do ANOTHER platinum mods to fix speed bumps on a bezel that’s supposed to have a platinum mod already.

Shave an insert? Again, for $200, that should be figured out already.

Again, I’m not a hater - I appreciate this community. Just an observation.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Don’t lump me into this, I’m just an unbiased observer here. I’ve never complained about the current stock bezels. I’m scrolling through pics and reading comments. I happen to like the color of the current stock bezels.

I just happen to think that the xing bezel is not “perfect”. Sure the entire bezel is red like gen under blue light. But, the color is meh. Also, there are A LOT of inconsistencies. For $200, I’d expect - excellent. It’s 40% of what the watch costs. Folks shouldn’t have to do ANOTHER platinum mods to fix speed bumps on a bezel that’s supposed to have a platinum mod already.

Shave an insert? Again, for $200, that should be figured out already.

Again, I’m not a hater - I appreciate this community. Just an observation.
The color is Mk I color, now one might like it or not, but then it is besides the point

The insert is not perfect and is expensive. But at the same time, what are the ground expectations ? Can’t have gen-like expectations for the price

Personally, I have sent mine to perform all aforementioned mods, and along with a gen xtal and gen DW, a bezel mod and a rehaut polish, the watch will be NWBIG for me

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
The color is Mk I color, now one might like it or not, but then it is besides the point

The insert is not perfect and is expensive. But at the same time, what are the ground expectations ? Can’t have gen-like expectations for the price

Personally, I have sent mine to perform all aforementioned mods, and along with a gen xtal and gen DW, a bezel mod and a rehaut polish, the watch will be NWBIG for me
Got it. As long as you’re happy, that’s all that matters.

Good on xing for coming up with a bezel that has been marketed and hyped up so much that it still needs additional modifications. Seems a bit disingenuous if you ask me. Not entirely sure why lots of folks here and elsewhere are pushing this bezel so hard. Makes me wonder, if people are on the take.

This is my ground expectation: If I’m spending $200 on an aftermarket piece, I’d expect that no additional modifications are needed to it. Can’t say “it’s the most gen-like”, and still needs work MORE work.

Again, please enjoy your watch and I hope it turns out great!

Reactions: Neon

domiffm

handsome
Gold Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Not entirely sure why lots of folks here and elsewhere are pushing this bezel so hard. Makes me wonder, if people are on the take.
Is it 100% perfect? No
Is it very very close to gen color? Definitely yes. So IMO it’s the best we have and definitely worth the money for me.

I was skeptical too but when I received the bezel I was totally convinced. For me no mod necessary. The small speedbumps are not really visible and the thickness perfect. Here my Xing V3 installed on my VRF vs. Gen
IMG-4475.jpg

Last edited:

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
gen colors are unreplicable...they have so many shades based on the lighting!

I don’t want folks to misconstrue what I’m saying. If folks love the bezel, great. I’m just saying,
Is it 100% perfect? No
Is it very very close to gen color? Definite yes. So IMO it’s the best we have and definitely worth the money for me.

Is was skeptical too but when I received the bezel I was totally convinced. For me no mod necessary. The small speedbumps are not really visible and the thickness perfect. Here my Xing V3 installed on my VRF vs. Gen
IMG-4475.jpg
That’s a good looking bezel. Luck of the draw with them! You got a good one 👍🏻

Again, I’m NOT hating. That’s not in my nature. There’s just been a lot of posts about them recently and I’ve been doing some leisurely reading. Haha

Reactions: domiffm and Neon