• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

Manuelito108

Getting To Know The Place
20/2/23
Italy
Colors look good. How flush does the insert sit? The 6 transition looks pretty noticeable in the pic. Is it in person?
No, in person is very well done, tomorrow i ll take pictures about that. Only one thing is not good is the 8 of 18 that is not brighter than other numbers (when light arrives in a specifically angle)

Reactions: leo6929 and Neon

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Cannot see any speed bumps. The thing is, platinum over the red part looks a bit brighter than platinum on the blue part. Very small detail that should not be a problem when in natural light. Can't wait to get it installed :)

3TGDv3.jpg

Awesome. MK1 is my favorite variant. Patrick sent me a pic and looked shinier than others I've seen so was excited.

How's the fill coloring in the 6 and (1)8? Any speed bump at the transition?

Reactions: KJ2020

Mark1937

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
This insert isn't close to gen. I am sorry :-(

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Nothing to say for the manufacturer, sorry if I don't give a favorable opinion to this insert. The colors are there, but the rest is not for me. I prefer to have a clean insert.

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
Cannot see any speed bumps. The thing is, platinum over the red part looks a bit brighter than platinum on the blue part. Very small detail that should not be a problem when in natural light. Can't wait to get it installed :)
Definitely looks darker in the blue in that photo. On someone else’s, it reversed shot to shot, so I’m hoping that’s the case. Worst case, platinum paint mod, right?

Reactions: leo6929
3/12/22
Country Rd, USA
the way the colors change with the slightest tilt of the wrist on this thread, and every other one here at rwi... makes me wish for a standard lighting setup for the site.

hey, one can dream...

Mark1937

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Just curious, what do you see specifically that's wrong with it?
the colors, the finish of the ceramic and the engravings, the platinum. I had gen MK1, and seeing this insert live immediately gave me the feeling of fake. Maybe what I saw was the first or second version.
The CF inserts compared to my gen are really very close, Batman 9/10 while the pepsi unfortunately has wrong colors, but the finish is very close...

Reactions: Neon

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14

My v3 insert always changing colours in the light which is the best thing about it, looks decent in low evening light or sunshine. The gen xtal and polished rehault are vital improvements after bad experience with deep, clean, and prof.

Speedbumps sometimes visible, it’s a bit to thick and covers some of the bezel edge from certain angles. It’s also a bit small so a tiny gap from insert to edge of bezel. Agree this is inferior quality to clean but colours are way better and I’m now happy with it…for now

Blutang777

Getting To Know The Place
11/3/18
Canada
the colors, the finish of the ceramic and the engravings, the platinum. I had gen MK1, and seeing this insert live immediately gave me the feeling of fake. Maybe what I saw was the first or second version.
The CF inserts compared to my gen are really very close, Batman 9/10 while the pepsi unfortunately has wrong colors, but the finish is very close...
Common Bro, let the guys enjoy their Xing Insert. My V7 showed up finally!!! 😎

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/7/16
At least I think he's being cheeky and comparing two gen bezel inserts lol.