• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

Micolash

Certified
11/3/23
EU
Is that too big on the top left side of the insert?
It's probably just the angle of the photo, there is no difference between the right and left sides

The insert is thick on its own and I think the tape used here was also too thick.
Yes overall the insert is slightly thick, but nothing to really worry about imho. Obviously in a 10x zoomed photo it is slightly noticeable, with the naked eye not so much.
I don't have the tools and the ability to shave it, and I don't want to waste all the time sending it to some modder to do the job, so I can deal with it :D

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I guess this question has come up before. But many of us would like to buy a darker version of the insert, as Rolex recent Pepsi-model. The colors you (the maker) has made are great. Just add som darkness to it and you will have more buyers😄

chappac

Still New
29/3/23
United Kingdom
So I've just received this for AliExpress....

Let me know you thoughts I know what mine are ...

The number are silver not the same as v4 that i received

But tbh I think they are better. There is no visible bump at all by eye an I can see it with camera either. The numerals are smaller by the looks of it too . My other is being plated again as that wasn't great tbh

It all red under UV light too.

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Certified
25/3/21

But tbh I think they are better. There is no visible bump at all by eye an I can see it with camera either. The numerals are smaller by the looks of it too . My other is being plated again as that wasn't great tbh

Would be great to see a side by side comparison of this with Xing bezel

Reactions: Neon

chappac

Still New
29/3/23
United Kingdom
Would be great to see a side by side comparison of this with Xing bezel

Trust me its the same if not better!

So as the one from Xing is back from plating I'll post pictures

There are no speed bumps and the letters are silver but it could do with plating properly tbh. Or I think I'm going to Do a paint MOD on this one

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20

Looks very nice. How is thickness compared to xing?

greenbeans

12/9/20

wow.
The only other rep bezel I've seen that passes the UV test. Will be v curious to see what others on here think of it.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Trust me its the same if not better!

So as the one from Xing is back from plating I'll post pictures

There are no speed bumps and the letters are silver but it could do with plating properly tbh. Or I think I'm going to Do a paint MOD on this one
Is the silver in the numbers paint or plating? Xing is plated or sputter coated and is impervious to acetone according to one I tested. If the AliExpress insert is painted then that becomes a major difference between the two. I would be curious to know how their silvering is applied.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Is the silver in the numbers paint or plating? Xing is plated or sputter coated and is impervious to acetone according to one I tested. If the AliExpress insert is painted then that becomes a major difference between the two. I would be curious to know how their silvering is applied.
I have one on order. Not sure I want to be the Guinea pig, however. Lol!

Reactions: Neon and leo6929

chappac

Still New
29/3/23
United Kingdom

I honestly think there the same Bezel

But plated different. There is a more expensive version on there too that listed as being plated too and iv asked for pictures they look identical to ones from Xing!

As you can see for the pictures make you own mind up .
My phone does make the colour look a bit more pink but it's not in hand it's just right.

Even my colleague said it's the same as Xings Not got his to compare to it's away for plating. But will when it's back !

Last 2 are clean factory

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
There is a more expensive version on there too that listed as being plated too and iv asked for pictures they look identical to ones from Xing!

Link to that one?