• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Does look a big to the right, is it worth rejecting, hmm don't know as it really upto you! Here's was a pic on mine

FD18A529-4580-4849-8136-16748E646925-6403-000003ECFAB633A3.jpg

Oem strap is well worth the money, buckle IMHO no

hidefguy

Getting To Know The Place
26/4/13
Just got QC pics from Ryan, seems like the "Officine Panerai" engraving on the back is shifted too far to the right, what do you guys think? Should I reject it or am I being too anal?
http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/boardernrb/media/IMG_0405_zps8b290ca1.jpg.html

Mine was the same I rejected and waiting for a different batch.

Does look a big to the right, is it worth rejecting, hmm don't know as it really upto you! Here's was a pic on mine

FD18A529-4580-4849-8136-16748E646925-6403-000003ECFAB633A3.jpg

Oem strap is well worth the money, buckle IMHO no

Yours looks really good, hope the next batch is like this! I'm planning to do a bunch of Mods so the engraving needs to be spot on.

Tenoclockfindu

Do not accept unsolicited offers
13/5/13
Hi, I am new to Pam's and I want to buy 111n v3 from watch4time , a Chinese dealer. The reason I want to buy from him is because of it's price as he price can be negotiaite but since he is not a TD so I am a bit afraid. But he claims all the watches come from the same factory.
Here is the link to his web:
http://www.watch4time.com/goods-3278.html
So can u guys have a look at the pic in the web for me please ?

shandroid

Respected Member
13/9/10
Hi, I am new to Pam's and I want to buy 111n v3 from watch4time , a Chinese dealer. The reason I want to buy from him is because of it's price as he price can be negotiaite but since he is not a TD so I am a bit afraid. But he claims all the watches come from the same factory.
Here is the link to his web:
http://www.watch4time.com/goods-3278.html
So can u guys have a look at the pic in the web for me please ?

Hi Ten,

You are not just buying a watch from our dealers, you are very much buying the security of knowing that the dealers are all vetted by admin, are active on our boards and can and will be held accountable if they do the wrong thing by a member. No one here will recommend a TD to you based on price alone, we all have our preferred dealers, and you will too if you hang around long enough, but under no circumstances would you see me buying that watch from that site, regardless of the price.

That's going to be the sentiment of every board member with any experience in the hobby, and for good reason. Many have tried non-trusted dealers without issue, others have horror stories to tell, but if I were you, I would upgrade to VIP, read lots, ask questions with substance and enjoy the forum.

Cheers

Tenoclockfindu

13/5/13
Just got some QC pics
can someone please have a look cause i am very new to pam rep
thanks
imagedvgs.jpg

image1gn.jpg

image2jj.jpg

image3ptw.jpg

image4ta.jpg

shandroid

Respected Member
13/9/10
From a Chinese seller

You're new, so I won't tell you what I really think... Instead, I'll dull it down, but you obviously took no notice of my advice from a previous post. Your QC pics are for YOU to make a decision on and I doubt you've done much research yourself - you need to, especially with regard to how you conduct yourself, contribute to the forum, and ALSO, how it's generally NOT accepted to post QC pics for the community to pick apart for you. This thread is an exception based on the interest in the watch in question, but asking for advice regarding a non TD, ignoring it, and then posting QC pics from the non TD on this board is just rude.

**shakes head**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenoclockfindu

13/5/13
Is it that important about where I am getting this watch from? All the pam 111 n v3 rep come from the same factory. I just want some thoughts about this rep based on the QC pics. And if u are not willing to help me or teach me then why u bother to comment? It takes the same time for u to comment to judge me and help me, why can't u just help me instead of judging me. I post my pic here is because I want to learn from experts not for getting judge.
Please forgive me if I am rude. I thought everyone in this forum are nice and willing to help other people but I think I am just wrong

shandroid

Respected Member
13/9/10
Is it that important about where I am getting this watch from? All the pam 111 n v3 rep come from the same factory. I just want some thoughts about this rep based on the QC pics. And if u are not willing to help me or teach me then why u bother to comment? It takes the same time for u to comment to judge me and help me, why can't u just help me instead of judging me. I post my pic here is because I want to learn from experts not for getting judge.
Please forgive me if I am rude. I thought everyone in this forum are nice and willing to help other people but I think I am just wrong

I offered you help and tried to teach you something in my first post to you, but you totally ignored me. I then offered you more advice and now you're being a little defensive at being lightly spanked by only 2 members...?! I think you're lucky, and I think if it weren't for R2's recent post on being too harsh on noobs, you would have been incinerated. I tried to help, now you're just being 'ubteachable'. Regardless, I'll try again. Ignore this, and as far as I'm concerned you can bugger off back to 'ioffer' an enjoy your rep experience somewhere else.

Search these strings (I would post links but it's difficult in an iPhone);

- Purpose of QC pics
- (user) Ale575 (he's a Pam expert and has collated huge amounts of valuable data for new and old members to learn from)
- Go the the Pam section and check out the stickies threads.
- Browse through some of the 'welcome' threads and check the stickies thread in there... Apologies if this is not specific enough, I'm just struggling to remember where all the 'welcone noob' threads are... Maybe someone else can chime in...

Honestly though, unless you're prepared to take a step back and understand that what you did is frowned upon on this board, your time here is not going be enjoyable. If you do, and you decide to take my advice (and no doubt that of others) you'll find that this is one of the most informative online communities on the web.

Your choice buddy, but you're off to a bumpy start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlton

Respected Member
2/10/11

You should have read and study the watches before you make your purchase so that you will know what to look out for when receiving qc photos but i doubt you have done it.

Then you start posting your qc photos from unknown dealer requesting someone here for help to check it for you which no one here have the obligation to do so for you. When you didn't get what you want, you started to become demanding and defensive. This is not the way to ask for help imo.

Learning is by self research and reading, asking only when you have done your reading but still not sure what exactly it mean and not by posting your photos or throw out a question and waiting for informations from others.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State

Well, with this line of reasoning, all 111N V3 watches are identical. There are many posts here and throughout the rep forums that discuss this watch. What can we say that others have not already said about this watch?

The problem that I see here is that you were given advice and you ignored it. Then you told us what criteria are appropriate when we evaluated the watch you presented to us.

If I ask for advice, I take it or if I don't like the advice for whatever reason, I move on. This seems to be the more respectful behavior, IMHO.

Best of luck as you learn about this hobby.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Tecnoclockfindu
Firstly welcome to RWI from Spain

Please take it easy and be calm. We are here to help you as you want.
Above members are always trying to help you. But, sorry for that comment, you are very noob to understand obvious advices from them.
But, believe me, they are trying to help you. In some months you will understand all what they are trying to tell you.

If you buy fron a non TD here, when you have some problem, very usual dealing with replicas, you will not be able to get supprot from this fórum.
The prices and the terms you can get from other dealer, if you search a little you will get them from some TD here. But you will get too the protection of the fórum and the guarantee you are receiving the same watch you are looking for.

The watch in your pics is a clear Noob, but there is a lot of old versions of this watch, very difficualt to see in pics and you could receive non the last versión, usually improved.

If you buy from our trusted dealer and you ask it for the last versión you will receive the last version.

This is the point. Go to a TD here and you will get a better final deal
Please PM if you have more doubts or you nedd more advice about dealers

And don't forget it. We all are here to help you

ALE
PAM Section Moderator

Tenoclockfindu

13/5/13
Hi Tecnoclockfindu
Firstly welcome to RWI from Spain

Please take it easy and be calm. We are here to help you as you want.
Above members are always trying to help you. But, sorry for that comment, you are very noob to understand obvious advices from them.
But, believe me, they are trying to help you. In some months you will understand all what they are trying to tell you.

If you buy fron a non TD here, when you have some problem, very usual dealing with replicas, you will not be able to get supprot from this fórum.
The prices and the terms you can get from other dealer, if you search a little you will get them from some TD here. But you will get too the protection of the fórum and the guarantee you are receiving the same watch you are looking for.

The watch in your pics is a clear Noob, but there is a lot of old versions of this watch, very difficualt to see in pics and you could receive non the last versión, usually improved.

If you buy from our trusted dealer and you ask it for the last versión you will receive the last version.

This is the point. Go to a TD here and you will get a better final deal
Please PM if you have more doubts or you nedd more advice about dealers

And don't forget it. We all are here to help you

ALE
PAM Section Moderator

Hi ALE,

Thank you for explaining the reason why I should buy from a TD.

I want to buy from a toro ( TD) but for me it is a bit too expensive to spend $300+ for a rep so that's I am looking for a dealer that can sell it for cheaper.

Watch4time is a Chinese website that's why not much people know about this website. As people cant read Chinese and watch4time do not know English very well, so they cannot sell it people overseas and that's the reason why they can do some discounts on the watch for me. But I think it is quite trustable as they can live chat like 24/7 and they are quite polite as well. And I can pay with PayPal so if the watch is not right i can always request refund.

I know that buying from a TD is much more secure but price is a very huge factor for me so Please dont misunderstanding me, I am not unwilling to listen to people. I am very willing to listen and learn. And I just think that it will be cheaper if I can buy it directly from the factory or people that are close to the factory. But this is just my opinion, I am here for sharing and learning from others not making an arguement so please don't get me wrong. the reason I have this thought is because in china, u can always get a huge discount on buying stuff. Like last time I bought a bag for $150 RMB while the listed price is $850RMB. I have managed to get a massive discount after doing some research about the bag and after bargaining for a while. It might be hard for u guys to understand the culture of Chinese but basically all Chinese know that there is a huge mark up on Chinese goods( rep).

I am still doing research and still haven't buy the watch from anyone yet so I hope I can know more about the identifying the rep and find the cheapest way to get the watch.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friend
I see you are going for another way (the price) and you like mainly to get good price. So go ahead if you like and trust the dealer.

Bear in mind that almost all our dealers are based in China or HK, no worries about that.
Toro is a good dealer, explain him your case and try something from him. Tell him ALE is sending you. He is a good friend.

But bear in mind that Toro will send you a real Noob V3 last generation, and your dealer, although you get better price, maybe doesn't have the last version or maybe it doesn't know about these versions.
It really is UP TO YOU

I remain at your disposal
ALE

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
Hi ALE,

Thank you for explaining the reason why I should buy from a TD.

I want to buy from a toro ( TD) but for me it is a bit too expensive to spend $300+ for a rep so that's I am looking for a dealer that can sell it for cheaper.

Watch4time is a Chinese website that's why not much people know about this website. As people cant read Chinese and watch4time do not know English very well, so they cannot sell it people overseas and that's the reason why they can do some discounts on the watch for me. But I think it is quite trustable as they can live chat like 24/7 and they are quite polite as well. And I can pay with PayPal so if the watch is not right i can always request refund.

I know that buying from a TD is much more secure but price is a very huge factor for me so Please dont misunderstanding me, I am not unwilling to listen to people. I am very willing to listen and learn. And I just think that it will be cheaper if I can buy it directly from the factory or people that are close to the factory. But this is just my opinion, I am here for sharing and learning from others not making an arguement so please don't get me wrong. the reason I have this thought is because in china, u can always get a huge discount on buying stuff. Like last time I bought a bag for $150 RMB while the listed price is $850RMB. I have managed to get a massive discount after doing some research about the bag and after bargaining for a while. It might be hard for u guys to understand the culture of Chinese but basically all Chinese know that there is a huge mark up on Chinese goods( rep).

I am still doing research and still haven't buy the watch from anyone yet so I hope I can know more about the identifying the rep and find the cheapest way to get the watch.

Tenoclockfindu,

Ok i understand where you are coming from. Here's what you have to understand. Noob Factory (N-Factory) that makes this watch, the PAM 111 N v3 has a specific price point at which they sell the watch to every dealer (Trusted or not)

That being said each dealer will have a specific profit margin that they will make on each sale. This watch is priced between $248 - $298 plus shipping from our dealers. I understand if you are being offered this watch at a $5-10 discount it could be 'feasible' that it is the same watch, but if someone is trying to offer it to you for under 200 then you can 99.9% guarantee it is a sub-par version.

They may be offering you the older Noob model 111M or an even worse model. The point is, if you are using someone that is not a TD you have no experience to judge them on. They may very well take your money and send you a crap watch (Bait and switch) or not send you anything at all. And then yes you can dispute through paypal which will harm the entire rep community. (There are many threads on this). Also, you are new to this but dont become victim to the dealers gimmics. Just because they have decent pictures, or live chat, or fantastic descriptions, it doesn't mean anything in the rep world. they are either trusted or not.

The point is, if it seems like the deal is too good to be true, it usually is. There are certain price points that can not be avoided. You have picked a great model, if price is the problem, why dont you hang out in the sales section and wait for a v3 to pop up there.

We are all trying to give you some help before you get scammed. Many of us here have gone through it ourselves already and try to prevent it from happening to someone else.

At the end of the day, its your money and your decision. But think about it. if everyone is steering you away from this decision perhaps there is a reason for it.

i wish you the best of luck. dont want to see you get goated.

Fiddo

Mythical
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop

You seem to have made your decision on where you want to buy your watch. Keep in mind there are thousands of sites that "sell" rep watches. Most of them are scam sites out to steal your money. Yes, they are polite and accessible before they get your money. One is not likely to send money to someone who is rude and unavailable. Once they get your money you may never receive anything or hear anything again. You have been given sound advice based on years of experience from trustworthy people. I would listen to it as opposed to some random internet site where the people are polite and accessible. Reagrdless, good luck. Hope it works out for you.