• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega x Swatch Moonwatch upgrades - Tutorial

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
@Geonor

Forgive me for returning to this old topic.

Any advice on how to put the hands on the subdials? I almost went crazy.

Thanks

you need to be looking at the dial end on- the shafts need to be at eye level. put the movement up on a shoebox. As said above- use Rodico not your fingers. I use Rodico out toward the end of the hand so it is just barely hanging on, then in my other hand i use a small wooden pusher (a toothpick would suffice) to press on the hand. wood will not scratch the paint off the hand very easily. Having the Rodico out there on the end makes it easier to remove it once the hand is set without taking the hand with you. once it seems to be sitting on the shaft use your hand press tool to drive it home.

if you do not have Rodico i guess a tiny bit of Play Doh might work- but everyone should have Rodico if you are going to do this kind of work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hec

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
this is really nice for those who dislike Nato with the underpass

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $4.76 35% Off | Nylon Canvas strap Watch Band 18mm 20mm 22mm 24mm Bracelet for Men Women Replacement Accessories Sport Quick Relace Wrist Band

the store also carries standard natos
unbranded though

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
23/11/23
UK
This is a brilliant thread - thank you! :D

I'm working up the courage to try and put my Moon dial into my Mercury case to make a DSOT Mercumoon / Mooncury. Though haven't finessed the marketing yet lol...

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
23/11/23
UK
This is a brilliant thread - thank you! :D

I'm working up the courage to try and put my Moon dial into my Mercury case to make a DSOT Mercumoon / Mooncury. Though haven't finessed the marketing yet lol...
Finally got around to sticking my Moon dial into my Mercury case. Thanks for all of the help guys. I’m an absolute amateur in this field so even opening a caseback was sketchy for me.

I’ve now ordered a few tools and some new hands to try and take this a bit further and freeze the subdial. Must admit, it’s quite fun taking these things apart (albeit they’re only £20 a pop)!

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Finally got around to sticking my Moon dial into my Mercury case. Thanks for all of the help guys. I’m an absolute amateur in this field so even opening a caseback was sketchy for me.

I’ve now ordered a few tools and some new hands to try and take this a bit further and freeze the subdial. Must admit, it’s quite fun taking these things apart (albeit they’re only £20 a pop)!

congrats! Just take your time when removing the plate covering the gears - slowly pry it off by working your way around the perimeter to gently pop off the plastic feet holding the plates together.

send pics when finished!!

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
What case did you use? I made one with Pagani case (nice quality, crystal) but would be nice to have a matching crown : )
case is the vk63 case you can find on AliX. There are several variations

Then I take out the tube and crown, and put a rep Omega crown.

need to make a pagani base one day...