• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA Seamaster 300 SPECTRE Limited Edition

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Anyway you'll need to remove the deco plate to regulate this properly. Frankly 15+ secs a day is more than acceptable. Even ETA specs are +-30 secs per day for a non chronometer grade movt.

Robert11

15/11/15
Anyway you'll need to remove the deco plate to regulate this properly. Frankly 15+ secs a day is more than acceptable. Even ETA specs are +-30 secs per day for a non chronometer grade movt.

Ok great thx! So do you think I just need to remove those two black screws to remove the bridge to get to it?

Over the last day my watch is drifting toward +20 secs a day. I was hoping it would drift the other way. This may be in spec for normal operation but it should be fairly straightforward to get it within 7-10 secs. That way I only need to reset my time once a week and I'm never more than one half minute off.

Sent from my satellite phone.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Ok great thx! So do you think I just need to remove those two black screws to remove the bridge to get to it?

Over the last day my watch is drifting toward +20 secs a day. I was hoping it would drift the other way. This may be in spec for normal operation but it should be fairly straightforward to get it within 7-10 secs. That way I only need to reset my time once a week and I'm never more than one half minute off.

Actually it's not that simple. Those black screws are also dummies. The whole deco plate is one piece. Look closely at the edge and you can see all the bridges are joined up. So you'll need to remove the rotor and then find the 2 or more real screws (I don't have this watch yet but the AP deco plate is the same) that secure it to the movement ring. Then the whole thing will lift off.

But if your watch is constantly gaining it would suggest problems. One is that it could be getting magnetised. Quickly gaining time would be a symptom of that. Do you keep it near any speakers of close to a phone?

Robert11

15/11/15
Actually it's not that simple. Those black screws are also dummies. The whole deco plate is one piece. Look closely at the edge and you can see all the bridges are joined up. So you'll need to remove the rotor and then find the 2 or more real screws (I don't have this watch yet but the AP deco plate is the same) that secure it to the movement ring. Then the whole thing will lift off.

But if your watch is constantly gaining it would suggest problems. One is that it could be getting magnetised. Quickly gaining time would be a symptom of that. Do you keep it near any speakers of close to a phone?

Dang that sounds like a project.

I think the closest it gets to my phone is when I'm holding I t in my hand and wearing the watch. Not doing anything different than my last watch which also has a Miyota.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Dang that sounds like a project.

I think the closest it gets to my phone is when I'm holding I t in my hand and wearing the watch. Not doing anything different than my last watch which also has a Miyota.

At the very least I'd recommend getting a service done. The movt could be dirty (very likely) and it's money well spent since the 8215 is normally a reliable work horse movement. Or you could buy a factory fresh 8215 from the bay for around $30 and just swap them over.

Robert11

15/11/15
At the very least I'd recommend getting a service done. The movt could be dirty (very likely) and it's money well spent since the 8215 is normally a reliable work horse movement. Or you could buy a factory fresh 8215 from the bay for around $30 and just swap them over.

I think that may be jumping the gun a bit. I only got it Monday night so I'll see if it settles in. I'd try to regulate it first before replacing the entire movement.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
I think that may be jumping the gun a bit. I only got it Monday night so I'll see if it settles in. I'd try to regulate it first before replacing the entire movement.

Well just keep in mind that most rep movements are often not lubricated properly and/or dirty. Gaining time over a few days does hint at an actual problem that needs addressing.

Robert11

15/11/15
Well just keep in mind that most rep movements are often not lubricated properly and/or dirty. Gaining time over a few days does hint at an actual problem that needs addressing.

Ok thx. Any recommendations on someone in the U.S to do the servicing. If I go that route I'd like to get it cleaned, lubricated, regulated within 10 seconds per day, fully sealed for against water and pressure tested.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
I'm not in the US so have to wait for someone else to chip in here. But you could seek out a local watchmakers and carefully approach the subject of it being a rep!! The servicing of this is very simple.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Just heard from Ken - V2 updates are only bracelet brushing and Omega logos on nato strap keepers and buckle. No updates to the head that he's aware of.

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
Ok thx. Any recommendations on someone in the U.S to do the servicing. If I go that route I'd like to get it cleaned, lubricated, regulated within 10 seconds per day, fully sealed for against water and pressure tested.

Check with Katt in the watchmaker's section of this forum. He's in the US and very highly recommended for service and repair.

jake99

Getting To Know The Place
14/11/15
Same as Jake, order placed Fri with Toro, still awaiting QC's. I don't expect to get this now till 2016. Would be good to be kept in the loop thou......
It's been a week since I handed my hard earned over and was hoping for some qc pics or some info but nothing by email since last Saturday am. I emailed Toro asking if there's a problem with qc pics or stock. Reply just said "yes out of stock right now, wait for new batch". I have replied asking is it 2 weeks as there seems to be better communication on RWI than from the actual Trusted Dealers which is a shame. Feel being patient but just an update would have been nice, I feel. Now I know I will be prepared to wait, don't have a lot of choice really and I know it will be worth it.

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
I stopped by an Omega Boutique today to pick up the new Omega LIFETIME magazine "The Spectre" issue. (Spectre impresario [MENTION=115660]imranbecks[/MENTION] posted it earlier in this thread). If you're following this thread and have access to an Omega boutique, I HIGHLY recommend you pick one up. Pages and pages of info about the Bond movies and watches, including a whole multi-page spread of every Bond watch Omega produced.

abf123f22e02e45427cf811596464731.jpg

d9577296be83b773ce1ed3d83a2c5119.jpg

ce2061e719c25956a14cb3938929116b.jpg

You can buy them on the website or even "subscribe" but it's a total sham. Every boutique I've walked into has had a stack of the newest issue and they're always more than happy to give me one. The sales guy today even gave me a lovely red bag to carry it out to my car. :D

Macko

30/11/15
It's been a week since I handed my hard earned over and was hoping for some qc pics or some info but nothing by email since last Saturday am. I emailed Toro asking if there's a problem with qc pics or stock. Reply just said "yes out of stock right now, wait for new batch". I have replied asking is it 2 weeks as there seems to be better communication on RWI than from the actual Trusted Dealers which is a shame. Feel being patient but just an update would have been nice, I feel. Now I know I will be prepared to wait, don't have a lot of choice really and I know it will be worth it.

Haha exactly, Toro has very fast response, but very google-translator-like responses (unlike Chazing, which responded in full sentences and you had feeling they understand your questions). Anyway, I wholeheartedly hope we will receive the QC photos at least by the end of the next week

easfarmers

20/11/15
Great pictures guys. Mine was just dispatched out via EMS. It definitely passes off at first (and second) glance as the gen. Congratulations; super hyped to receive mine! :D
On another note, can anyone share how long the EMS takes from China to SG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

probs 2 - 3 days

AdamD

30/11/15
Ordered myself a nato from boutique cost almost as much as watch lol ... They had 2 types it is 20mm the orig spectre isnt it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ci1031

4/5/10
I am. The premium are better than the standard. The premium are stitched and the standard are glued. The leather are pretty nice too but kind of thin which I guess is what you want for a nato. None of the buckles are removable you will just have to snip it off when replacing it.

Thanks for your help. So which width would I buy? 20mm or 22mm? I think I read that the lug width is 21?