• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moonswatch reps - review of the cheap as chips new versions

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
aside from watches_77, can anyone recommend another source for decent moonswatch reps?

Unfortunately watches_77 doesn't ship to my location (HK) which is absurd. considering it is only 30 minutes from China.

Spillpot

Getting To Know The Place
7/9/16
Interesting thread that’s tempted me to order one just out of curiosity. I’ve not used dhg before so can someone explain what happens with duty and customs for delivery to the UK? Will I end up with a bill to pay from Royal Mail or DHL with their hefty commission added before they will deliver? I’ve used aliexpress before where they now add VAT and seems to get through customs easily.

Reactions: shinynewbling25

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
Interesting thread that’s tempted me to order one just out of curiosity. I’ve not used dhg before so can someone explain what happens with duty and customs for delivery to the UK? Will I end up with a bill to pay from Royal Mail or DHL with their hefty commission added before they will deliver? I’ve used aliexpress before where they now add VAT and seems to get through customs easily.
If you use watches_77 the watch is drop shipped. That means they send it to someone else in the UK and then it is shipped from them to you. You won't have any customs to pay, the price you pay is the price you pay.

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
A little update after 2 months of ownership - I've worn it a couple of times and it's still like new. The sticker is still on the crystal, it doesn't bother me and it's not coming off by itself, so I'll leave it on until it starts peeling off or get dirty on the edges. I don't want to wear it too much in the summer to avoid stinking up the strap. The biggest surprise is the movement - it's gained 5 seconds in 2 months! 5 seconds!! My Seiko Tuna gained about 15 seconds per month, as did non atomic G-shocks. Quite a performance for a 5$ movement :) It's not HAQ territory, but very impressive by all means!

Reactions: Pinion Minion

Hec

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/7/23
Spain
thanks ! that's same for EU?
Watches_77 sends quality products, I have a Moon I bought from him.

Regarding customs issues, in Spain (EU) and other places in the EU I know that they pay customs (mysteriously it has only happened to me with DHGATE), they charged me the Spanish VAT, 21% of the value of the watch.

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Is there any version with same swiss movement than the genuine? Or not possible?

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Patron
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Is there any version with same swiss movement than the genuine? Or not possible?
It looks like it uses an ETA G10 quartz movement, which Esslinger lists @$65 each. I'm sure it's doable, and wholesale prices for the movements would reduce that cost a bit, but now you're looking at a ~$100 rep of a MSRP $300 watch, which isn't likely to be profitable enough to produce.

That would place it into the rare "NWBIR" category (Not worth buying in rep). You can sell a lot of $500 reps of $20,000 watches, but probably not a lot of $100 reps of $300 watches.

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
It looks like it uses an ETA G10 quartz movement, which Esslinger lists @$65 each. I'm sure it's doable, and wholesale prices for the movements would reduce that cost a bit, but now you're looking at a ~$100 rep of a MSRP $300 watch, which isn't likely to be profitable enough to produce.

That would place it into the rare "NWBIR" category (Not worth buying in rep). You can sell a lot of $500 reps of $20,000 watches, but probably not a lot of $100 reps of $300 watches.
It's been done, I'll see if I can find the link.
Just be careful which version of the eta movement you buy as there are variations which clock different on the subdials.

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
@garnier this is the thread you seek!

xanadux

11/4/22
So, after about 1 month, today I received Pluto moonswatch from watches_77.
I had to pay 2.40€ fees to postman but I am quite satisfied about the watch and the communication with the seller!

xanadux

11/4/22

What do you think, should I swap the new upgraded dial into the right case that is more "white" as the gen?