• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moonswatch reps - review of the cheap as chips new versions

antiom85

Getting To Know The Place
15/6/16
Hi, mine arrived today. Pretty disappointed because it's seems to be the older one with wrong dial and case color.
I've asked watches_77 for pictures before ordering. He sent me pictures of a new batch.
HeP2An.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: Therion666

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Hi, mine arrived today. Pretty disappointed because it's seems to be the older one with wrong dial and case color.
I've asked watches_77 for pictures before ordering. He sent me pictures of a new batch.
HeP2An.jpeg
makes a great gift for a niece or nephew

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Ah man, sorry to hear but it still looks decent enough. As @Karbon74 said, move it along and order another. They're cheap enough

Might wear mine to the office tomorrow, thanks for reminding me

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
I've lost all faith in watches_77 that's a few members he's done that to. Cheap and all as they are it's not nice when you wait 3 weeks on something, excited to get it, then something crappy arrives.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I've lost all faith in watches_77 that's a few members he's done that to. Cheap and all as they are it's not nice when you wait 3 weeks on something, excited to get it, then something crappy arrives.
That really stinks. I just got 4 of them that look great- but I'm waiting on an additional Neptune. Your experience is making me nervous.....

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
You mean like in this picture?

That's the whole reason I put an actual pic of a gen in, this image is a render, all be it a very very good render, it's not an actual pic. The textures have been added by a programmer based on what they see with their eyes and how they perceive it rather than what is actually there. It looks so real, but it isn't. The one I posted is a genuine image of a gen watch. Most big brands do it now, the renders produce sharper images and are very close to what the item looks like in real life, that is more than enough for sales.
No, this is what mean:

Pay attention to the edge of the crystal/dial, it looks like there's mesh on the edge. You won't find that on reps.

Reactions: restandrelaxation

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
No, this is what mean:

Pay attention to the edge of the crystal/dial, it looks like there's mesh on the edge. You won't find that on reps.
AHH I know what you mean now, you can see it on mine at 2 o'clock, I'm pretty sure it's the crystal gasket, which I believe is also adhesive in the gen, meaning it can't be replaced easily.

eherranzr

Do not accept unsolicited offers
18/8/23
Any Spanish here? I would like to buy one but I'm afraid of customs and all that stuff...

Pinion Minion

Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
died after swimming in the pool

HeJeUt.jpeg

HeJ5Q2.jpeg

these things are barely held together with a thin plastic rim- I would be concerned about sweating heavily in them much less swimming.
They are NOT even close to water resistant much less waterproof.

you might be able to salvage if you want a fun project by buying an 8 USD Sunon PE50 movement on aliexpress and changing it out.

eherranzr

Do not accept unsolicited offers
18/8/23
Spain is painful.
I would recommend to use a TD or supprting vendor that ships from EU. Or M2M sales
I would need to search for it as I haven't found any cheap TD recommended... What a pity

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
these things are barely held together with a thin plastic rim- I would be concerned about sweating heavily in them much less swimming.
They are NOT even close to water resistant much less waterproof.

you might be able to salvage if you want a fun project by buying an 8 USD Sunon PE50 movement on aliexpress and changing it out.
In fact, I had doubts about immersing it in water, but the description says "very waterproof"

Pinion Minion

Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I wonder if this thread has generated so much business that he has to scrape for additional inventory to cover orders.. His Gate page shows he has had over 900 orders for these watches. I am waiting for another Neptune for a friend's build and I am worried about what is going to show up...

that's a lot of fake moonswatches..

Last edited:
Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I wonder if this thread has generated so much business that he has to scrape for additional inventory to cover orders.. His Gate page shows he has had over 900 orders for these watches. I am waiting for another Neptune for a friend's build and I am worried about what is going to show up...

that's a lot of fake mooonswatches..
yeah. irony hits when you are concerned about fakes of reps 😅

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
That really stinks. I just got 4 of them that look great- but I'm waiting on an additional Neptune. Your experience is making me nervous.....

Hey buddy, where do you get yours from?

I have read the whole thread, still struggling to know who to contact.