• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moonswatch reps - review of the cheap as chips new versions

GE206032880

Certified
29/4/23
Los Angeles
Opps - sorry Pinion I briefly got you confused with restandrelax who’s in Ireland. (Apologies to you both).
Anyways thanks for your update. Based on your path - feels like I’ll get it end of next week. All good.

Reactions: restandrelaxation

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Just got my latest batch of watches from the DHGate vendor at the top of the thread. I have gotten MoonSwatches from several vendors- I think this one might be the closest to gen- but I like the case color of some others..

the far left was one of the ones that objectively is a better quality watch because it is actually a steel watch case they simply coated in plastic and has a crystal- but is the furthest from gen.

the next couple are a jumble of Aliexpress and God knows from where purchased M2M. The second from left case looks super cheap and the color is way off from gen- but the dial is pretty nice. the empty case and the one I modified with red hands have a better colored case- but the dial isn't quite as nice as far left or second from left.

The far right is today's acquisition from the DHGate seller of discussion. Though objectively I do not care for the case color as much- seems a bit too light blue- comparing it to photos from the Swatch website seems the color closest to gen. it does not however have the metal weight inside to add heft as some do- but it does appear to have a genuine Renata battery.

I have another Neptune arriving in a couple weeks to do a build for a friend from the same DH Gate vendor - will be curious to see any color differences.

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
If you used the case 2nd from left with the new dial I think you'll be as close to gen as you are likely to get, visually anyhow, if you get a Swatch irony and swap the movement in you'll be as close as it's possible to get.

Reactions: Marciano

Pinion Minion

Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
If you used the case 2nd from left with the new dial I think you'll be as close to gen as you are likely to get, visually anyhow, if you get a Swatch irony and swap the movement in you'll be as close as it's possible to get.
Unfortunately that case has the worst texture.

GE206032880

Certified
29/4/23
Los Angeles
Pinion,

You were right in that I would indeed receive the set of moonswatch’s in a timely matter. They arrived today. Very happy with the entire set and they have already been sent to a bunch of happy kids right before the fall seamster starts. as mentioned in the thread previously, all the watches were working however the stock batteries said reneta 931, however after a closer look - it was a sticker that said that but doubtful that they actually were. No biggie, just replaced them all with real reneta 371. Thank you to some one in the chain that suggested it easier to just remove the back when exchanging the battery. It was and we did. After opening each one to exchange batteries, I sent each happy recipient the watch with a note as to not get it wet in the pool. ,

FYI - purchased from DHGate from the above mentioned vendor- my request for a moonswatch box for each corresponding watch, as well as, any other written request/question from me - was never responded too.

Pinion Minion

Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
looks like you got some nice ones- enjoy!

as far as the boxes- he has two different listings on his store- the same watches with or without boxes- it is about a 4-5 dollar difference.

Reactions: GE206032880

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
I'd love to know what the 1% is! This one is gen lol.
Oh.. :D Moving on then... :D

Gens usually have that thingy on the edge of the crystal that looks like mesh and I haven't noticed that in your photo.

I saw that the subdials look like they're supposed to, but I thought maybe you did the hand freeze mod.

I knew it was too good to be true...damn...

• Haha
Reactions: restandrelaxation

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
Oh.. :D Moving on then... :D

Gens usually have that thingy on the edge of the crystal that looks like mesh and I haven't noticed that in your photo.

I saw that the subdials look like they're supposed to, but I thought maybe you did the hand freeze mod.

I knew it was too good to be true...damn...
You mean like in this picture?

That's the whole reason I put an actual pic of a gen in, this image is a render, all be it a very very good render, it's not an actual pic. The textures have been added by a programmer based on what they see with their eyes and how they perceive it rather than what is actually there. It looks so real, but it isn't. The one I posted is a genuine image of a gen watch. Most big brands do it now, the renders produce sharper images and are very close to what the item looks like in real life, that is more than enough for sales.