• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official submariner zzfv2 hulk thread

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Certified
25/10/18
I got my Clean Factory LV dial from Li yesterday - he ships really safely - it was practically bombproof - and FAST (DHL)...

Anyway, here are two photos. Sorry that the indoor photo is blurry - I tried, but they all came out this way. It is a cloudy day today, no way to do a photo in direct bright sunlight...

Taken outdoors on a cloudy day:

Taken indoors, with room lights off, curtains drawn letting filtered light in, and a table lamp behind my right shoulder:

Reactions: KJ2020

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
Insert is nice but I still think it’s a little off not as color saturated as gen. I’d would like to see it in bright light.

To me this insert looks like the best color green in low light of any rep I’ve seen. Looks very close to my gen. Would also love to see in sunlight.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Certified
25/10/18
It's darker now, so made two lume shots - one exposing my Noob 7 dial up close to lamp light for 10 seconds, the other the CF ZZF dial exposed for 10 seconds.

My Hulk has GEN HANDS, so you can see how the lume colors compare.

Noob 7 dial:

CF ZZF dial:

Noob 7 vs. ZZF dial side by side:

Reactions: Rolemars

jb3

17/4/17
USA
To me this insert looks like the best color green in low light of any rep I’ve seen. Looks very close to my gen. Would also love to see in sunlight.

When I get mine in hand I am going to post sunlight shots and never return to this thread lol...this way I will never know how good or bad people think it is and I can just enjoy it =)

Reactions: SHB

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/4/13
USA / Florida
Isn’t the zzf insert basically the same CF LV insert we have seen around for some time or did they do any updates?

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Isn’t the zzf insert basically the same CF LV insert we have seen around for some time or did they do any updates?

I think that is the assumption everyone has been going with so far. I haven't seen any posts from Li as of yet to confirm/deny that it has the current CF insert. The pics I remember seeing of the CF insert looked lighter than this insert but it could just be different lighting conditions =/

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/4/13
USA / Florida
From I remember seeing when it first came out the CF insert wasn’t to accurate next to gen there was a post somewhere that they compared all current factory’s inserts to gen, if it is really the CF LV insert without any update it’s not accurate and I believe the vrf is actually a better insert choice

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/4/13
USA / Florida
Actually Hazing did do a comparison with most rep Inserts/ gen. CF insert wasn’t the best option. I’m curious to know if there was any updates or if they didn’t actually use the CF insert

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I got my Clean Factory LV dial from Li yesterday - he ships really safely - it was practically bombproof - and FAST (DHL)...

Anyway, here are two photos. Sorry that the indoor photo is blurry - I tried, but they all came out this way. It is a cloudy day today, no way to do a photo in direct bright sunlight...

Taken indoors, with room lights off, curtains drawn letting filtered light in, and a table lamp behind my right shoulder:

Nice. I have mine as well. The color and shimmer, sheen, shine on this dial is really nice. I’m convinced the green sunburst is the same as a BP dial with better indices, better lettering and better lume? I can’t wait to put it on.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Actually Hazing did do a comparison with most rep Inserts/ gen. CF insert wasn’t the best option. I’m curious to know if there was any updates or if they didn’t actually use the CF insert

That was before the release of this model. I’m interested to see what they’re using here. And how it stacks up. And how it looks in the sun. For me, the hulk is all about the natural light, particularly sunlight.

jb3

17/4/17
USA

Think you mean this one comparing the inserts by mnkoshka on page 7 https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...opinions/page7

It's hard to tell in the different lighting until someone gets this in direct sunlight. Even then some will care and most won't because the only real solution is to get a gen bezel insert/assembly which is bordering on the ridiculous mod side of things =)

Ah shit my bad Hazing did a compare further down the thread lol sorry I left that out =)

Last edited:
Reactions: gunsmoke16610

rcom440

Respected Member
10/11/12
USA
It's darker now, so made two lume shots - one exposing my Noob 7 dial up close to lamp light for 10 seconds, the other the CF ZZF dial exposed for 10 seconds.

My Hulk has GEN HANDS, so you can see how the lume colors compare.

Noob 7 dial:

CF ZZF dial:

Noob 7 vs. ZZF dial side by side:

interesting, but noob dial is behind cloudy crystal so lume won’t look as bright as if it wasn’t behind crystal.

rcom440

Respected Member
10/11/12
USA
I actually think if that noob dial wasn’t behind crystal lume would look as bright as ZF.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
I replaced noob v9 dial with CF. Lume is better on CF even behind the crystal. No lume pics yet and I’m at work wearing another watch, sorry.

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
Would be very nice a comparison in color between this V2 and a gen.
Of course it will never be EXACTLY the same, but it think this one could be really close .

For sure close enough to be a gen on the wrist for everyone eyes !

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13

5alCn.jpg

5apS3.jpg

In the top pic where the dial is green the gen would have half the dial black belending into a deep forest green in this sort of lighting imo.i hope the clean dial can pull of the green and blacat the same time nicely faded and blended.the gmf and bp pull it off so I think think this clean dial can do it in the right light

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecender

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
Normally I don’t ask about these, but I wanted to see if maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. I think it is just lighting at the 7 o’clock spot on the case meeting the bracelet circled in red on the below photo. She’s a keeper that should ship. :)

5oOGS.jpg

these others look like it sits flush.

5oqiP.jpg

5oICW.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecender

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Normally I don’t ask about these, but I wanted to see if maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. I think it is just lighting at the 7 o’clock spot on the case meeting the bracelet circled in red on the below photo. She’s a keeper that should ship. :)

5oOGS.jpg

5oqiP.jpg

5oICW.jpg

Greenlight asap

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13

5oOGS.jpg

5oqiP.jpg

5oICW.jpg

Greenlight

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
In the top pic where the dial is green the gen would have half the dial black belending into a deep forest green in this sort of lighting imo.i hope the clean dial can pull of the green and blacat the same time nicely faded and blended.the gmf and bp pull it off so I think think this clean dial can do it in the right light

Agreed. Still waiting to see a pic of the ZZF dial showing the kind of range in these.

5oTrX.jpg