116610 LV bezel , opinions ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timewellspent View Post

How was the installation, did you install yourself?
    Yeah bezel removal was simple and the metal retainer under the ceramic is there to wedge a tool in and pry it out without cracking it

Comment

Originally posted by hokim View Post
      Based on pics across this thread, it looks like the CF is pretty close in color to the ARF. The ARF insert doesn’t look too terrible to begin with, IMO. I have a noob which is much darker color so I’m hoping the CF will be a refreshing change for me.
      Comparing in the daylight they change colours differently. The ARF has a translucent hue if that makes sense but the CF has a more apple colour on some angles and so does the ARF lol it’s such head f***. To be honest the most apple colour insert without being to light green is the eBay insert. That with spongebob mod will be good. I’m going to try that next and compare.
      I have an all gen parts 116613LB in ARF case and the ARF blue insert is spot on on some angles but others completely different. I guess it comes down to the materials the factories use. It’s obvious Rolex use a certain cocktail to make their inserts and the reps can mess with static colour as much as they like but it just won’t behave like the gen

Comment

Originally posted by mnkoshka View Post

Comparing in the daylight they change colours differently. The ARF has a translucent hue if that makes sense but the CF has a more apple colour on some angles and so does the ARF lol it’s such head f***. To be honest the most apple colour insert without being to light green is the eBay insert. That with spongebob mod will be good. I’m going to try that next and compare.
        I have an all gen parts 116613LB in ARF case and the ARF blue insert is spot on on some angles but others completely different. I guess it comes down to the materials the factories use. It’s obvious Rolex use a certain cocktail to make their inserts and the reps can mess with static colour as much as they like but it just won’t behave like the gen
        I’ve seen someone post the eBay insert but if you have the link could you post it or send me pm, thanks

I would like to compare next to cf

Comment

Where’s the gen vs cf hulk comparison?? I’ve been thinking lately that cf is the closest hue!

Also what matters for a genlike appearance is the distance from inner edge of insert to outer edge of crystal. gen xtal on ARF crowds the ARF insert too much and I’m wondering if cf inner diameter is larger thus solving the problem.. could also be a case dimension thing

Comment

Originally posted by d3s19n View Post
            Where’s the gen vs cf hulk comparison?? I’ve been thinking lately that cf is the closest hue!

Also what matters for a genlike appearance is the distance from inner edge of insert to outer edge of crystal. gen xtal on ARF crowds the ARF insert too much and I’m wondering if cf inner diameter is larger thus solving the problem.. could also be a case dimension thing
            I have a gen insert coming in the next few days I’ll do a comparison between ARF, CF, VRF, EBAY And the gen all in different lighting conditions.

Comment

I have a gen insert coming in the next few days I’ll do a comparison between ARF, CF, VRF, EBAY And the gen all in different lighting conditions.
              can't wait for your review. I just got my CF LV insert in yesterday lol

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTime View Post

can't wait for your review. I just got my CF LV insert in yesterday lol
                I’ll post a little thread and add pics here also, I want to try and capture as much detail on the colour as possible. I like the shape of the cf insert, the numbers are well finished but the colour of the platinum coating maybe marginally off but not noticeable really. The pearl I found better than ARF. Also received the cf Daytona bezel and it’s very good quality

Comment

I’ll post a little thread and add pics here also, I want to try and capture as much detail on the colour as possible. I like the shape of the cf insert, the numbers are well finished but the colour of the platinum coating maybe marginally off but not noticeable really. The pearl I found better than ARF. Also received the cf Daytona bezel and it’s very good quality
                  Come on, bro. Get with the program. We need pictures. I mean we neeeeeeeedd pictures. I have the cf hulk insert on order. How long did it take from order to shipment? Also have a dealer trying to round up a BP hulk dial too.

Comment

Congrats on the gen insert! Try not to be biased in your review LOL jk. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazing View Post

Come on, bro. Get with the program. We need pictures. I mean we neeeeeeeedd pictures. I have the cf hulk insert on order. How long did it take from order to shipment? Also have a dealer trying to round up a BP hulk dial too.
                      Haha ill try get pics up over the weekend, I’m out of town at the moment. Took a couple weeks to get the cf bezel. I need the BP dial or VRF dial also

Comment

Originally posted by d3s19n View Post

Congrats on the gen insert! Try not to be biased in your review LOL jk. Looking forward to it.
                        Oh I won’t I’ll tell it like it is, thanks the last gen I bought was a fake and had to send it back for a refund so hopefully I haven’t been ripped off again lol

Comment

Okay guys I’m still waiting on the VRF insert but here’s a quick comparison between ARF, eBay, cf and the gen. Cf is on the watch next in is ARF then eBay then gen. Imo the rep inserts are pretty close to each other engravings are pretty close to gen on all of them so the depths of engravings are identical, cf with the best finish and quality under the microscope.

The colour: the colour on all the reps again is too light!! The cf being the worst in this department. It captures a nice light apple colour along with the eBay insert which is close to gen but it’s a rare angle and only in more saturated lighting conditions. There’s just not enough green. But judge for yourselves from the photos. The ARF has more of a green colour but it’s just doesnt compare and stays static in its colour range throughout lighting conditions and angles.
                          Now the eBay insert is pretty much identical to a noob v6s which I have compared in the past. Here’s some photos to check out. I’ll try and do a better review when I have the VRF insert.

Comment

I forgot to add imho the ARF insert does the job comparing to the cf and eBay colour wise. Maybe the VRF will change my mind once I receive it lol

Comment

Thank you so much for the review! But also kinda sad that none of the inserts are close enough to gen.

The VRF one is the last hope!

Comment

Originally posted by shortlegs View Post
                                Thank you so much for the review! But also kinda sad that none of the inserts are close enough to gen.

The VRF one is the last hope!
                                No worries at all my pleasure. I’m trying to nip it in the bud as to what’s the closest. I’ve been looking for the answer for years, it drove me crazy researching haha

Comment

Working...
                                X