• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official submariner zzfv2 hulk thread

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Looking forward to seeing this! Saw one picture on the zzf ln topic and the insert seems to be a very nice bright green.

srhoque

Respected Member
28/11/18
In real life like face to face, I am convinced most Rolex owners would be entirely unable to identify a noob or ARF hulk over a gen Submariner. That is they can’t spit the difference between a rep or gen. In a casual environment that is. Certainly not with convincing confidence.

Even if they spot differences it’s nothing that can’t be explained as a difference in manufacture year. Not many people spend hours a day staring at watches the way we do and even if they do there is a difference between pics and the naked eye. And even if they do that, no one wants to “call anyone out” because there are potentially many negative consequences and like absolutly nothing to be gained from it.

I think we’re safe. I usually don’t make claims of authenticity myself (that is I don’t say to people “it’s real”) instead I have other things I say if the topic were to come up but even if I were to make those claims, I’d be completely confident no one would ever dispute it with reps of this level.

I guess we need to wear our Reps to keep ourselves happy and not others. But then many of us (with OCD problems, including myself) are so consumed with minute details/color that we end up doing expensive franken projects without truly weighing in the long term value, if any. I have seen and held a gen hulk. As many have said, it is almost impossible to replicate the true color of the green bezel/dial under different lighting conditions. Because the color varies (dark green, green to shades of black) - Even if someone catches you with a rep insert, we can probably get away with some "excuse" like different batch, different green shade etc.

Enough said, looking forward to smoke review.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Adrenix

5/12/18
Some pics here from the other thread

Hi guys

Had some pics sent to me of li (jtime) this morning of the zzf hulk.

Personally I think it looks like it’s the best hulk that will be available but would love to know your thoughts

d3f794d92a5e1f8f32067bed521976ac.jpg
a8d69a321b7ce37325e18493b9dd6084.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Cant tell what factory it is from that distance as it's not in focus and the dude keeps moving .

Onoratoa54

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
29/1/19
jb3 have you received the qc?
I'm ordered a 116610 zzf from li days ago,no qc jet,,but there is a problem with factory..

Reactions: PietroPalazzo

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
Well, they sure did nail the dial it seems. Looks very dark in angles.

Tobel

Respected Member
6/7/17
Well, they sure did nail the dial it seems. Looks very dark in angles.

It's not just about how dark the dial can go, it's also how the sunburst behaves under strong light. Rep dials have so far always shown hard "rays" of light whereas the gen is much more subtle. I'm eager to see this new dial

Onoratoa54

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
29/1/19
newrepper nice watch,you should accept qc... How many time for received qc from li, mate ?

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
It's not just about how dark the dial can go, it's also how the sunburst behaves under strong light. Rep dials have so far always shown hard "rays" of light whereas the gen is much more subtle. I'm eager to see this new dial

Yea, i know. Looks to "metallic" and harsh in direct sunligh. But something tells me this one is the one. LOL ( like every freakin release )

newrepper

13/6/18
Looks hot sel looks sweeten the 12 o'clock side.dial looks great.insert looks great.cg look great and dw looks good for a rep I hope you green lighted this

Good news. Hopefully my qc looks this good too!

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Nice QC. Still early to tell but this seems to be the best hulk available.