• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
04-HBBTourbi2.jpg

P9257044.jpg

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Are these movements reliable? Anyone had major probs with them?

Nothing like Sec@6 probs exist with these right? I wanna pull the trigger on the JLC so I can join the club.

cwazy1

29/2/12
generally speaking, very reliable.

I've only known of one case of an issue with a rep tourby

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Are these movements reliable? Anyone had major probs with them?

Nothing like Sec@6 probs exist with these right? I wanna pull the trigger on the JLC so I can join the club.

I had one issue, slipping gears! And then a week later dead... the dealer at that time = Polo, gave me 2 years "garantee" and exchanged it right away....

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
While I love my JLC Master Tourbillon replica, I tend not to wear it outside the house, so I ended up buying a genuine Seagull Tourbillon 818.900 from Good-stuffs.com, as they had it at an amazing price of $1290. Seagull USA is charging $4200 for the same watch.

Anyhow, this is a stock photo of the watch that I got.

IMG_5115.JPG
img_5116.jpg

cwazy1

29/2/12
omg, why is that so expensive?? cant you buy the movement by itself from seagul for under 400

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
omg, why is that so expensive?? cant you buy the movement by itself from seagul for under 400

Seagull seems to be limiting their supply of tourbillon movements these days, and have been substantially increasing their prices of their higher end watches. In particular, they seem to no longer sell their substandard quality tourbillon movements at reduced prices, as their defective tourbillon cages are now being sold as cufflinks.

Even the tourbillon from Perpetual watch that uses the Seagull ST8000 movement is $960, so $1290 for a tourbillon fully made by Seagull and backed with a 3 year warranty isn't a bad deal in my opinion.

Replica tourbillons typically use much cheaper tourbillon movements that are probably about $250, but they sell for $500-$600, so again the ratio of movement cost to retail cost seems reasonable for a gen.

Most important for me, they are backing the watch up with a regular maintenance service of only $50 after the warranty expires.