• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
Hey guys - i am going to ask a really lame question here so please dont kill me ( I know i could probably find the answer, but i am blatantly being lazy). These tourby reps are pure sex, they are stunning and i love them, however, of all these lovely watches posted, would you say any are actually very close to gen?

These things are a lot of money, and while they look incredible, i dont think i would want to spend that much on a watch if it wasnt at least really close to the gen. I think the IWC's are fairly close, but any others? Please share your opinions.

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Hey guys - i am going to ask a really lame question here so please dont kill me ( I know i could probably find the answer, but i am blatantly being lazy). These tourby reps are pure sex, they are stunning and i love them, however, of all these lovely watches posted, would you say any are actually very close to gen?

These things are a lot of money, and while they look incredible, i dont think i would want to spend that much on a watch if it wasnt at least really close to the gen. I think the IWC's are fairly close, but any others? Please share your opinions.

Close? Not at the level as other reps... BUT WHO FUXXXXG cares... it is a REAL tourbillon!

Hyjynx

Respected Member
28/9/13
??I couldn't have said it better myself. People who worry about "closeness to gen" in tourbies really miss the point of the appreciation of the beauty of a tourbillon movement. Closeness to gen is for the "Pamholics." Mind you, I have 12 of those so I do know what I'm talking about. [emoji1][emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
Close? Not at the level as other reps... BUT WHO FUXXXXG cares... it is a REAL tourbillon!

??I couldn't have said it better myself. People who worry about "closeness to gen" in tourbies really miss the point of the appreciation of the beauty of a tourbillon movement. Closeness to gen is for the "Pamholics." Mind you, I have 12 of those so I do know what I'm talking about. [emoji1][emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i completely get what you guys are saying, the fact that a rep has an actual tourby is saying quite a bit, but still would like to see if any of them take it to the next level. Just curious. Not one of those guys that only buys super duper swiss made bla bla watches, but would like to know what i am getting in to before taking a plunge.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Love that IWC tourby. Looks nice.

I took my watch into the watch smith to ask him if he could fix the second hand to line up with the cross. He hadn't seen this watch yet so I was curious to get his feedback on the build quality. Here's what he had to say
- Watch looks very nice
- movement looks very good
- lots of decoration on the movement that isn't necessary
- I asked him to fix the second hand. He had to disassemble quite a bit of the watch just to get even the crown off. He told me he had to take quite a bit of the watch apart just to get to the seconds hand.
- I told him I paid $800 when I first gave him the watch. He mentioned I may have overpaid. When I got the watch back after he disassembled it, he said $800 was a good price for the movement I got. Made me feel good.
- $25 to get the seconds hand fixed, not to shabby.

Pic of the back with the case removed. He had to unscrew the six larger screws to remove the decorative plates and then remove the crown.
enQGn0w.jpg

So far, I'm liking this thing. ITS LOUD. I can hear it at my desk, in my car on the freeway with no radio on, etc. Do other's with tourby's notice this? Its kind of reassuring though. I've calculated the power reserve at 50-56 hours.

Here's the fixed second hand:
YdUf3nu.jpg

Itslambo

Renowned Member
7/2/16
Yep, both my Hublot tourby's are loud, the AP isn't too bad but still much louder then a standard auto movement

theREALgoat

Respected Member
Certified
14/8/14
This just in! Finally got my Santoni strap :) thanks [MENTION=92793]thermalboyz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1277]theflyingdutchman[/MENTION]

K973Y6w.jpg

lQemrDC.jpg

Hyjynx

Respected Member
28/9/13
i completely get what you guys are saying, the fact that a rep has an actual tourby is saying quite a bit, but still would like to see if any of them take it to the next level. Just curious. Not one of those guys that only buys super duper swiss made bla bla watches, but would like to know what i am getting in to before taking a plunge.

The taste of the pudding is in the eating, bro. Get a tourby and you'll see what all the fuss is about. [emoji6]

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Hyjynx

Respected Member
28/9/13
Love that IWC tourby. Looks nice.

I took my watch into the watch smith to ask him if he could fix the second hand to line up with the cross. He hadn't seen this watch yet so I was curious to get his feedback on the build quality. Here's what he had to say
- Watch looks very nice
- movement looks very good
- lots of decoration on the movement that isn't necessary
- I asked him to fix the second hand. He had to disassemble quite a bit of the watch just to get even the crown off. He told me he had to take quite a bit of the watch apart just to get to the seconds hand.
- I told him I paid $800 when I first gave him the watch. He mentioned I may have overpaid. When I got the watch back after he disassembled it, he said $800 was a good price for the movement I got. Made me feel good.
- $25 to get the seconds hand fixed, not to shabby.

Pic of the back with the case removed. He had to unscrew the six larger screws to remove the decorative plates and then remove the crown.
enQGn0w.jpg

So far, I'm liking this thing. ITS LOUD. I can hear it at my desk, in my car on the freeway with no radio on, etc. Do other's with tourby's notice this? Its kind of reassuring though. I've calculated the power reserve at 50-56 hours.

Here's the fixed second hand:
YdUf3nu.jpg

This just in! Finally got my Santoni strap :) thanks [MENTION=92793]thermalboyz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1277]theflyingdutchman[/MENTION]

K973Y6w.jpg

lQemrDC.jpg

Nice choices, guys. When you love a tourby, it loves you right back. [emoji1][emoji106]

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
Gents,

I want to join your fine Tourbillon (tourb'yon) Club, straight away, immediately, if not sooner.... Never done much with tourbillons until I saw some recently on the AP threads - the investigation commenced - now I am smitten and no doubt on the slippery slope to buying loads of them and ending up destitute.

However, I am resisting.... I will take it one step at a time and for now I wish to start off with a simple and classy one like the one below. I would like to ask for your guidance as I have never owned a tourbillon - though I have just read 162 pages of this excellent thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

triker.

DSC00636-1.jpg

Hyjynx

Respected Member
28/9/13
Gents,

I want to join your fine Tourbillon (tourb'yon) Club, straight away, immediately, if not sooner.... Never done much with tourbillons until I saw some recently on the AP threads - the investigation commenced - now I am smitten and no doubt on the slippery slope to buying loads of them and ending up destitute.

However, I am resisting.... I will take it one step at a time and for now I wish to start off with a simple and classy one like the one below. I would like to ask for your guidance as I have never owned a tourbillon - though I have just read 162 pages of this excellent thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

triker.

DSC00636-1.jpg

First off, congratulations on your observer member status. Full membership comes with actual ownership. That JLC is an excellent piece to dip your toes in the tourbillon waters. I have it with black dial. The AR is fantastic. Though a bit of a fantasy, the watch exudes quality and looks like what JLC might have designed if enough brains were on the job. Down side to this is you're just going to want more! [emoji1]