• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

quikasliver

Looking Around
1/10/16
I discovered the wonderful world of mechanical watches last Friday and havn't been able to get it out of my head since then. Ive already started to save up since ive found one im pretty smitten with.
http://puretime02.com/watch-brands/...-ss-tf-white-dial-on-black-leather-strap.html

Though I must admit, the price helped warm my heart to it over the other numerous beautiful watches and makes sense as a first watch. But I am concerned on what exactly is the difference between the 400$ model vs say a 800$ one http://puretime02.com/big-bang-ceramic-bezel-skeleton-tourbillon-on-black-rubber-strap.html

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
I discovered the wonderful world of mechanical watches last Friday and havn't been able to get it out of my head since then. Ive already started to save up since ive found one im pretty smitten with.
http://puretime02.com/watch-brands/...-ss-tf-white-dial-on-black-leather-strap.html

Though I must admit, the price helped warm my heart to it over the other numerous beautiful watches and makes sense as a first watch. But I am concerned on what exactly is the difference between the 400$ model vs say a 800$ one http://puretime02.com/big-bang-ceramic-bezel-skeleton-tourbillon-on-black-rubber-strap.html

You're comparing apples and oranges - the best Hublot rep against an average Breguet rep. Main difference, of course, is the type and quality of the tourbillon movements in both watches. The one in the Hublot is superior and is used in many gens too. Secondly is the overall built and quality of the watches. Again, the Hublot is miles ahead.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Just spent an hour sifting through this thread.. I love tourbillions. Just, never knew which one to get. Now, I still don't even know haha I guess I will continue my drawn out search, and try to figure out which one soothes my soul..

Sent from the RWI mobile app

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
Just spent an hour sifting through this thread.. I love tourbillions. Just, never knew which one to get. Now, I still don't even know haha I guess I will continue my drawn out search, and try to figure out which one soothes my soul..

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Oh' I'm in the same position Filo - read the whole thread and now I'm confused as hell. There is only one remedy for this - I will have to purchase one of every tourbyon.

Oh the stress of it all. :atwitsend:

triker.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Oh' I'm in the same position Filo - read the whole thread and now I'm confused as hell. There is only one remedy for this - I will have to purchase one of every tourbyon.

Oh the stress of it all. :atwitsend:

triker.

haha yep! Except thats to many tourbs for me. I may have to find a new house to live at! :rofl:

Peter007

21/6/16
What is this ??? I NEED TO HAVE ONE !!!!! Healp me identify :).

iZvLhQP.jpg

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I see. Any model name ?

It's this one. http://www.intime.co/hublot/1148-big-bang-tourbillon-rg-black-skeleton-flying-tourbillion.html Ask for an extra polished ceramic bezel if you want it to look like the one in the photo you referenced. The polished ceramic bezel comes at an extra cost (and that's if your TD can even source one). Personally, it's unnecessary as the stock brushed ceramic bezel is just as beautiful.

Edit: On closer look, I don't think the bezel is polished in the one in that photo. So I don't think it's modded at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
Just ordered one of those skeletonized hublot tourbillons. Hope the quality is good because holy moly was it expensive!!

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Just ordered one of those skeletonized hublot tourbillons. Hope the quality is good because holy moly was it expensive!!

You will not be disappointed with the watch, believe me. However, the rubber strap is a travesty. Spend a little more for a custom leather strap from any of our talented strap makers like smplover or donerix and you'd be golden.

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
You will not be disappointed with the watch, believe me. However, the rubber strap is a travesty. Spend a little more for a custom leather strap from any of our talented strap makers like smplover or donerix and you'd be golden.

I actually prefer rubber, is it very noticeable poor quality? What about the clasp, does it hurt? I'm so excited to receive it! I've never spent this much on a rep before.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I actually prefer rubber, is it very noticeable poor quality? What about the clasp, does it hurt? I'm so excited to receive it! I've never spent this much on a rep before.

Unfortunately, yes. There have been reports of the rep rubber straps just breaking into pieces for no apparent reason other than being kept on a pillow in a box. The clasp is sufferable.

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
Unfortunately, yes. There have been reports of the rep rubber straps just breaking into pieces for no apparent reason other than being kept on a pillow in a box. The clasp is sufferable.

Do you have a link for smplover and donerix? I would really appreciate it.

peterpl

24/7/11
If you like rubber just get a gen one. They are quite cheap like $250/$300 from an AD.

Peter007

21/6/16
Lucy had to get a new watch - there was a 'significant' scratch on the case after getting it cleaned, so she got a brand new one. She even said they almost got into a quarrel about it, but because she has a good relationship with them they agreed to replace the watch. This one should be sent out soon... this waiting game is killing me!

fZiM9V6.jpg

AWESOME WATCH !!!! How do You like it after few weeks ? Any flaws ?