• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Off Topic Rant!

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
I just heard on CNN that Russia would consider giving Edward Snowden asylum if a formal request were to be made..Really? Are we really to the point that other countries have to give American citizens safe haven for telling us the truth about what we should have been told by them(US Gov)before they decided to violate our rights? Really? Why is there no outrage about this? This really pisses me off and it should piss off every American that hears it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ikiestik

Renowned Member
8/4/09
There is so much corruption and cover ups in govs, military, corporations and banking its unreal. I strongly oppose the bull they feed us on a daily basis. People need to realise that they are the power not the people up the top.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
I just can't believe this kid is on the run and faced with the real possibility of being imprisoned or killed if he doesn't find a country that's willing to basically hide him from our government,,,for what ? Exposing some of their BS,...that could be my kid....this is the kinda thing we've come to expect from China but this is supposed to be America,,, sad state of affairs indeed...

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I'm not as outraged about it as you, because I don't find his actions noble at all. Besides, anyone that was surprised by his allegations, has been asleep for the last decade. I remember when we were "blessed" with the Patriot Act. There wasn't much bitching back then. This is just a product of that same type of invasion of rights.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
This is what I call expansion of patriot act.

Sent from 1:1 app made with gen tapatalk

mitchbaria

15/10/12
But how in the world is this acceptable? Would it be ok if they caught him and publicly executed him? Where's the line here?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I wouldn't mind if he was interrogated. You are talking about a guy who didn't graduate High School. Worked as a security guard at NSA and ended up at Booz Allen with access to private info. That's what drives me ape shit. I have two good friends that work there, and they are both Ivy League grads. How does this pimple face twerp end up with J Edgar Hoover power ?

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
But how in the world is this acceptable? Would it be ok if they caught him and publicly executed him? Where's the line here?

I wouldn't be ok for him to be publicly executed.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
That's not his fault that they allowed one of us to sit in on the conversation,,,,they have no business doing what they're doing anyway and it should have been a public debate before they started monitoring every citizen. Are you saying that you believe he's not what he seems?

mitchbaria

15/10/12
True, but this is unacceptable, I have no idea where this ends.

smokiedabong

22/8/12
Lesson learned. If I ever find something bad about the government, better keep my mouth shut and let them do their God-appointed work, don't want to end up in a concentration camp or some shit like that.

Luthier

30/9/09
1. I don't care, if he has hi-school diploma or not. This guy knows his trade, maybe, better than any other with Ivy League diplomas. Albert Einstein was a lousy student in school.
2. If we'll sit tight and shut our mouths - we'll lose everything. Guy has enormous courage.
3. Patriot Act wasn't the smartest law, but this Administration raped it and went way beyond it.
4. What we could, possibly, expect, if we're ruled by mafia?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
1. I don't care, if he has hi-school diploma or not. This guy knows his trade, maybe, better than any other with Ivy League diplomas. Albert Einstein was a lousy student in school.
2. If we'll sit tight and shut our mouths - we'll lose everything. Guy has enormous courage.
3. Patriot Act wasn't the smartest law, but this Administration raped it and went way beyond it.
4. What we could, possibly, expect, if we're ruled by mafia?

So where are we moving to ? :popcorn:

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
This is beyond our control. We only have voice when we vote, we have no choice how the government is run. We get to choose our president and our congressmen/women, not how they run this country. What we are promised and what we are delivered are always two different things(such as 1:1 replica). People keep blaming whichever president is in office at any given time when there is a scandal. What about people in congress. They never get blamed for crap the way presidents do. That's why since I was able to wipe myass my self, I never had good opinion of any president that was in office. I never liked senior, Clinton , junior, and Obama. They all have and had flaws but in my not so humble opinion they all did their best with given congress. Next time also pay attention when you send people to congress.
I do know one thing though, I don't want this whistleblower to settle in Russia or china. I would rather him be in US custody rather thn china or Russia.