• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

dongs

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
16/8/18
EU
I have been following the panda replicas since 2018 and have to say that the subdails are overrated in my opinion. If you look at high resolution pictures of the gen on google, on rolexforum or on local selling sites, there are also various differences. The gen pandas from 2017 have more often thin subdails, the gen current ones are thicker again.... to me it is much more important that the watch as a whole makes a reasonable impression.i have already looked at countless pictures in the gen forum and there are some watches that immediately pass as reps. In the end it depends on the wearer...

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I have been following the panda replicas since 2018 and have to say that the subdails are overrated in my opinion. If you look at high resolution pictures of the gen on google, on rolexforum or on local selling sites, there are also various differences. The gen pandas from 2017 have more often thin subdails, the gen current ones are thicker again.... to me it is much more important that the watch as a whole makes a reasonable impression.i have already looked at countless pictures in the gen forum and there are some watches that immediately pass as reps. In the end it depends on the wearer...

That is simply not correct, there is no difference in subdial size on the 116500 from different years.

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
ZOfpVt.jpg

Need a little help, can anyone confirm that this dial is an ARF v2 dial?
The coronet looks a bit flat to me, but not sure if is only the picture.
Dial printing is crisp as it should be and subdial printing is better than Noob IMO.
Color of the DAYTONA font might be a smidge darker.

The dial printing is very close to my Noob v4 and wondering if I should swap dials like many have done in the past.

Last edited:

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
ZOfpVt.jpg

Dial printing is crisp as it should be and subdial printing is better than Noob IMO.

The dial printing is very close to my Noob v4 and wondering if I should swap dials like many have done in the past.

Sub dials look a fraction thicker than on my V2 arf.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
ZOfpVt.jpg

Its an ARF v2, with the correct size subdials. 100% you should swap it imo :)

Dayton

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/20
Singapore
Hey everyone! This is my first post but not new to the forum. I’ve been reading quite a lot especially on the subject of Noob V3 and subsequently V4 116500. I’d like to share what I’ve found out about dial colour and dial text variations on the gen 116500 even in such a short production period of the watch. I shall only dwell on the white dial version for now.

Google translated:

Letter Currently, the earliest photo (made in 2016) is considered to be the earliest, with four lines other than ROLEX thick and an atmosphere of ink. In the center photo (made in 2017), the three lines below OYSTER PERPETUAL are thin, and the photo on the right (made in 2020) is a feature often seen in older individuals, and the letters other than ROLEX are thin. , It is a clear print.

It seems like the bold 5 lines are found on the earlier versions of the 116500 and not the later version as thought. If the Google translate is correct.

Dayton

10/12/20
Singapore
The white dial tint also has some variations. From creamy white to pure white.

Google translated:

A white dial with a lacquer finish that has been set since the debut of the early model and late model. Characterized by its milky white color, it has been attracting attention as a dial in the previous term in recent years, and has the potential to divide future market evaluations. A transparent white dial that began to be distributed around 2018. Looking at the dial cross section around the indial, a clear layer can be seen on top of the white layer. Beautiful luster like enamel is popular.

The above images are from a Japanese Rolex magazine.

Dayton

10/12/20
Singapore
I have the gen 116500 white dial bought Oct 2019 and it has the pure white dial and the four lines of fine print below ROLEX. I also own the Noob V3 with poor quality bezel and slim subdials and the latest V4 with a fantastic quality bezel and correct thickness subdials. There is slight difference in colour of the black subdials compared with my gen watch. Can’t really describe the difference in hue and shine. Overall I’m very happy with my Noob V4 OOTB and have gotten used to the bold 5 lines of text.

So if anyone has the creamy white dial, don’t be sad. It can be period correct. If anyone has the dial with bold 5 lines of text, don’t be sad either. That is also period correct.

Have fun everyone! Wear your Noob Daytona with pride. I’ve friends who know that I have both gen and Noob 116500 and they can never tell which one I’m wearing every time they see me. lol.

P.S There has never been a gen 116500 with thin subdials. The size has never changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: tamomota

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I have the gen 116500 white dial bought Oct 2019 and it has the pure white dial and the four lines of fine print below ROLEX. I also own the Noob V3 with poor quality bezel and slim subdials and the latest V4 with a fantastic quality bezel and correct thickness subdials. There is slight difference in colour of the black subdials compared with my gen watch. Can’t really describe the difference in hue and shine. Overall I’m very happy with my Noob V4 OOTB and have gotten used to the bold 5 lines of text.

So if anyone has the creamy white dial, don’t be sad. It can be period correct. If anyone has the dial with bold 5 lines of text, don’t be sad either. That is also period correct.

Have fun everyone! Wear your Noob Daytona with pride. I’ve friends who know that I have both gen and Noob 116500 and they can never tell which one I’m wearing every time they see me. lol.

P.S There has never been a gen 116500 with thin subdials. The size has never changed.

I agree with you on most of the observations.

Yes there are dial variations with the white color from pure white to a slight cream. (i posted a pic a while back of two gens from the same year)

Yes, there are slight variations of the font thickness of Rolex, and the 4 lines of text.

But there have never been a gen variation with sloppy uncrisp 4 lines of text and a donut O in Rolex, like you see on noob dials :)

The only ever correct rep panda dial is still the ARF v2 (But only the one with correct sized sub dials :))

Last edited:
Reactions: Teris