• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Don’t feel bad, happens!! That watch is worth the money just for the movement alone.You can buy another one and list the parts for sale individually. Depending on timing, you will probably recoup majority of the cost.

Or put an ARF dial. In the end you will get a visually better looking Daytona.

Or look for aftermarket ones on eBay.

Any good aftermarket on the bay?

ChriBe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/16
Hi guys,
I today received my watch. The watch itself is a stunner but the bracelet has a gap on both sides of the watch. I told the TD about that but they said it was alright. Anyone has an idea how to fix this? Do not really want to send it back from Germany to China. This is the link to the pics on imgur : https://imgur.com/a/DKfxJ9p

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Hi guys,
I today received my watch. The watch itself is a stunner but the bracelet has a gap on both sides of the watch. I told the TD about that but they said it was alright. Anyone has an idea how to fix this? Do not really want to send it back from Germany to China. This is the link to the pics on imgur : https://imgur.com/a/DKfxJ9p

First off, you should have caught that with the QC pics. It's a bit too late now :)

My advice would be to buy some gen spec spring bars (Try Everest). That's probably gonna fix it, if not, the bracelet is faulty.

ChriBe

21/8/16
First off, you should have caught that with the QC pics. It's a bit too late now :)

My advice would be to buy some gen spec spring bars (Try Everest). That's probably gonna fix it, if not, the bracelet is faulty.

Thanks for your reply first of all.
I saw it in the QCs, notified the TD about that. They sent me some new pics were they possibly "seesawed" it back so that you didnt see the gap anymore. I mean its obvious, nothing where u need a magnifier. so they must have been aware of that. even worse with the price tag of the watch.

I tried on a bracelet of my GMT - Master 2 and the same gap was seen. unfort the spring bar of my gmt is a bit thicker so i couldnt try that one on the actual bracelet. Could it be that the holes which are supposed to hold the spring bars are drilled a bit too far away / in a wrong angular?

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks for your reply first of all.
I saw it in the QCs, notified the TD about that. They sent me some new pics were they possibly "seesawed" it back so that you didnt see the gap anymore. I mean its obvious, nothing where u need a magnifier. so they must have been aware of that. even worse with the price tag of the watch.

I tried on a bracelet of my GMT - Master 2 and the same gap was seen. unfort the spring bar of my gmt is a bit thicker so i couldnt try that one on the actual bracelet. Could it be that the holes which are supposed to hold the spring bars are drilled a bit too far away / in a wrong angular?

Who was the TD that told you that this was all right?

something is definitely wrong here. I’m guessing the other side is okay? Try flipping the bracelet. That way you can see if it’s a spring bar problem, lug hole problem, or bracelet problem

ChriBe

21/8/16
Who was the TD that told you that this was all right?

something is definitely wrong here. I’m guessing the other side is okay? Try flipping the bracelet. That way you can see if it’s a spring bar problem, lug hole problem, or bracelet problem

Purchased it at puretime. Didn’t get a reply so far.
The pictures are from each side, so the problem is on both sides. Tried flipping around, the gaps were a bit smaller but still large. Also as I said I tried the bracelet from my gmt master on it and the gaps where still there even with the other bracelet.

Sent from the RWI App

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
The pictures are from each side, so the problem is on both sides. Tried flipping around, the gaps were a bit smaller but still large. Also as I said I tried the bracelet from my gmt master on it and the gaps where still there even with the other bracelet.

Sent from the RWI App

Are your endlinks tight or loose? You can move them or they are fixed and tight?

Bobi01

2/2/19
Ok will try. How come that springbars lead to that issue? The springbars themselves seem to sit quite tight.

Sent from the RWI App

Hmm i had similar issue on my arf daytona,new springbar fixed issue,what i spoted is that stock springbars had little bent pins that enter the lugs holes

ChriBe

21/8/16
Hmm i had similar issue on my arf daytona,new springbar fixed issue,what i spoted is that stock springbars had little bent pins that enter the lugs holes

Ok I see. I will try with buying new ones, but tried a bracelet from my gmt master (which has other springbars) and the same issue was there

Sent from the RWI App

Bobi01

2/2/19
Ok I see. I will try with buying new ones, but tried a bracelet from my gmt master (which has other springbars) and the same issue was there

Sent from the RWI App

Does the gmt and daytona fit same springbar?

bmwtx

Known Member
1/4/11
Just placed an order for the V3 Panda from JTime, looking forward to posting pics once I get it!!

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
Hi guys,

I had something similar happened when I removed the bracelet from my watch and put it back on. It was nice and tight before and then afterwards it was loose like that. Turns out even though the spring bar was in the hole, it wasn't perfectly inside the hole. I had to remove it and put it back on a few times before it was back on nice and tight like before. Not sure if this is your issue but I'm just sharing my expereince.

Last edited:

shortlegs

31/5/19

Sent from the RWI App

Puretime did something similar to my purchase too. Supposedly solved a problem when all they did was hold it at a certain angle or prop with their fingers to give the appearance of a better alignment.

Will never ever buy from them again.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
But from Li at jtime. I tomd him not to even send me QC anymore cuz he can see more tha I yet he persists. I just say yeh yeh yeh just send it to me

shortlegs

31/5/19
But from Li at jtime. I tomd him not to even send me QC anymore cuz he can see more tha I yet he persists. I just say yeh yeh yeh just send it to me

I've been buying from Li since the beginning. But I'm too OCD and too lacking in balls to do away with QC photos, cos I can always see something that could have been better, ha..