• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
Marco1937

Are you sure?
[/QUOTE]

For me yes. These thin sub dials are so bad, i cannot understand why everybody continue to say...change it, change it.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
For me V3 is way better than ARF. I cannot see these thin sub dials.

Marco1937

Are you sure?

For me yes. These thin sub dials are so bad, i cannot understand why everybody continue to say...change it, change it.

Wow, how many times do I have to repeat this?

ARF has made a few quiet revisions or running changes recently without changing the version number.

- All of them are small improvements such as the alignment of the Rehault engraving and the length of the Pushers.
- ARF also revised the Sub-dial thickness on the White Panda dial. It is now slightly thicker than it was to be about the same thickness as a Gen.

The ARF dial shown in the pictures above has the older, thinner Sub-dial thickness.

Both the newer ARF Panda dial and the Noob "V2.2" Sub-dials are now about the same thickness as a Gen.

Many of the new Noob V3s now appear to have the old V1-V2 thicker Sub-dials. The difference is very slight, but it is there.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
This is you opinion, mine is completely different. Changing the dial of V3 with ARF is just waste of time and money....however...everybody is free to do whatever he wants with his own watch.

in the photo that I published previously with the 4 daytona it is clearly seen. one is immediately called fake :) and it is the one in the upper left

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
This is you opinion, mine is completely different. Changing the dial of V3 with ARF is just waste of time and money....however...everybody is free to do whatever he wants with his own watch.

Again...

Right, you should just get a Noob Daytona because it is "good enough".

You will be very happy, as long as you never compare it side by side in person to an ARF or a Gen.

The original question has always been... Is an ARF Daytona Dial, or Bezel, or Bracelet better Quality than a Noob?
- The answer to these questions continues to be yes, yes, and yes.

To many, the Noob has a more desirable movement than the ARF Daytona.

So the next question is... Is it worth the time and expense to exchange any or all of these parts from Noob to ARF parts?
- Some Members of this forum have made these modifications and say that the effort and expense is well worth it.
- Many Members say that the Noob Daytona is "good enough" as is and the extra effort and expense is not worth it.

It's really just that simple.

I have never tried to tell anyone what to change or what to buy.
I am just trying to illustrate and describe the differences and changes as they come up, so that my fellow members can make better informed decisions.

Reactions: SuperLory and Teris

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15

Which ones have you actually seen in person?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
To those that keep insisting the ARF subdial is too skinny...today I once again held the gen.

Again. I cannot reiterate this enough, the gen has a very shiny lacquered finish to the outer and inner of the subdial, This makes it sometimes seem skinny, sometimes thick. When you see in person, it is very very clear the gen is closest to the ARF

WTXl4.jpg
WTTaj.jpg

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
nobody buying a 116520 black dial now to see if they have gotten rid of those fat tyre subdials ?

I gave up and bought an arf. Will install a Gen coronet on it. Even if noob had the correct subdials ring thickness it would still be wrong. The silver rings are too shiny. Gen are more milky more mate. Arf dial is superb in this regard.

Arf print is not spot on though.
​​​And the dial will need modding to fit the 4130.

Last edited:

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
You need to catch the light just right on the crystal to see it. When I do bezel and crystal swaps I have to mark it with a black pen so I can line it up correctly.

Wogi82

Known Member
13/12/17
Asia
ok just an updates, i finally found mine however it was at the 11'o clock marker. Does swapping the bezel affects the position of the crystal?

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
ok just an updates, i finally found mine however it was at the 11'o clock marker. Does swapping the bezel affects the position of the crystal?

Crystal comes out with the bezel , so unless you check for the crown when putting it back in its gonna be different. Right pain to find as well !

Reactions: stufuse

Wogi82

Known Member
13/12/17
Asia
Crystal comes out with the bezel , so unless you check for the crown when putting it back in its gonna be different. Right pain to find as well !

No wonder! Most probably the watchsmith swap my bezel without checking on the LEC.