• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Explorer II 42 White - Best Rollie Rep So Far?

aa007210

Horology Curious
16/5/13
Hi all, nice review on this nice white Explorer II 42mm. What puzzles me is that you only find reviews on the Noob version of the Explorer II 42mm. Any experience on the BP version of the Explorer II 42mm? Want to learn the differences to know which is the better out of the box one to order. Does Ryan have both? Best regards.

theskull

Renowned Member
6/8/13
Hi all, nice review on this nice white Explorer II 42mm. What puzzles me is that you only find reviews on the Noob version of the Explorer II 42mm. Any experience on the BP version of the Explorer II 42mm? Want to learn the differences to know which is the better out of the box one to order. Does Ryan have both? Best regards.

Don't bother, the noob's exp II is way better than the bp... no comparaison here to do... if you like the exp II 42, just go with the noob's, you won't be disapointed!! better to take the white dial, the black one isn't as close to the gen as the white, just make sure you get one with correct lume application... somes have good lume somes don't..

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I wasn't aware of a BP version of the Exp II 42mm, anyone got a link?

theskull

Renowned Member
6/8/13
at perfectclone they have it... i think this is bp's!!

http://www.p-cls.com/0rlex00008-2011-explorer-42mm-white-p-12158.html

YCxbk.jpg

BnrFY.jpg

Lv8ur.jpg

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
My NF version is on the way from MR. I'm excited about this one, been wanting one for a while.

theskull

Renowned Member
6/8/13
noob makes the best exp II period great job at the first try...the sub c is really good, a fews improvements from the factory and it ll be all good! stuff like AR on the cyclop, hour markers... we can fix it ourself that's not the most important in a great OTB rep

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Great review pj, agree on this being the best rollie out of the box, a few niggles but for the price it is a cracking rep. By far the best bracelet ever on a rep and overall the fit and finish of the watch is fantastic. Had black, sold it, must buy one again soon. Hoping they mattify the black dial soon but even that isn't a biggy on these. Polar looks great, wear it well!

Galanthus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/6/13
I love this watch. Great review. This will be my next purchase enjoy this beauty!
And yes.. for sure the best rep by now.

Calibre16

31/1/12
Which color is the most accurate? I've read that the white is the most gen like, but then I read the exact opposite thing, and now someone mentioned the white being the best version again.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Which color is the most accurate? I've read that the white is the most gen like, but then I read the exact opposite thing, and now someone mentioned the white being the best version again.

The only issue with the black dial is that it has a glossy dial instead of matte

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
I just hung out with a gen version of the white model the other day, then wore mine for the past few days after. They killed it on this release.

Was the lume issue only on the polar models?

Yes

Triangle is misaligned, and marker @6 even worse.
Rest is edible.

You mean marker @ 9, bud. 6 is fine. Seriously, these are really, really nice.. Everyone has slept through a really good release. Reasonable price.. If you got the black dial and didn't think it was one of the best R Reps ever, i'll eat crow.

Is there a newer version than the release there was couple months back?

Oh and nice post btw

Same new ultimate version. Seems like there are variances between the runs, IE the bracelet clasp. Mine from the original batch has a perfectly aligned clasp.

The whole watch has that velvet smooth feeling in hand like a gen. Aside from the white dial lume concerns, this watch is the type that you receive, then fix a drink, sit on the porch, and push back on your rear chair legs to tilt up at the sky and enjoy the view and the purchase.

My NF version is on the way from MR. I'm excited about this one, been wanting one for a while.

What is NF. I googled quickly and got some kinky stuff, was that a setup? :facepalm:

I really want to hear your thoughts on this watch. Wait until you feel the bracelet.. See that lume & SEL fit. Plus those new high end saphire crystals..
:thud:

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
I have the black one.. Really considering getting a polar model. Anyone up for a trade? Haha.. I have too many black dial watches!

startingshott

Horology Curious
2/7/13
It is a great rep! My wife however called me out on it. She said it didn't have that gen like feel.

catana1981

Supporter
Certified
14/10/12
UK
I ve had mine for a long time now. The black one. I ve been wearing it at work everyday on a nato strap. Never had anyone asking if it s a replica. This happens often if you wear a submariner. Anyway,great review and a great watch indeed.