• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No More Time Bombs, VRF just released 1st fully cloned 3186 and 116710LN

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
This thanksgiving, will have my turkey and thank VRF ???? ???? I better place the order before my wife finds out :)

Can someone comment on if this movement will accept Gen parts like auto wind module, date disc and barrel/mainspring etc?

It's essentially the same movement as you bought from me(VR3135), the auto wind module is not required. It was tested for over a few months already and seems to be as reliable as the 3135 version.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Do correct me if i am wrong. The 3186 even in gen is a bad design. They rely on a thin spring on the dw. And they copied it?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I am most likely able to source the 3186 movement alone for people who have franken noob watches and dont wanna be spending much more than a movement. :) I'll let you know soon.

I will take 2 please. Keep me in your list my friend!! Thanks!!

Reactions: OldNavitimer

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
This is good news indeed. A few watchsmiths have told me the VRF 3135 is nothing short of excellent.

The one I got from Ryan was the best movement out of the box I've ever had. Amplitude blew my gen omega out of the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sounds like a lot of work mate - I think looking at the picture the bracelet and case finish is similar to Noob (Noob has really rough brushed finish on the bracelet) so I am not sure if really need to swap with noob. (Plus my mini franken Noob GMT is perfect now, just with a working time bomb) Do you have any experience on how thick is VRF ceramic insert? Can't help thinking about replace VRF insert with gen now.

The VRF insert is the same thickness as others AFAIK. However I know there was a problem fitting the Clean Factory insert into a VRF, so Li from Jtimewatch outright abandoned trying to do that in his review of the CF insert.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...d-insert-for-116610ln-vs-gen-arf-noob-and-vrf

This makes me wonder about trying to put any other insert into a VRF watch. I know it's been done with an aftermarket Hulk insert. But if the VRF wouldn't take a CF insert, what else won't it take? Li said the bezel structure was different on the VRF, maybe it wouldn't take the insert protective metal ring like the CF and the ARF (and the gen) use. I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough what does and doesn't work in these models. Everyone will be trying everything for sure.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
Am I the only one who prefers Coke over Pepsi?
This is huge news, sorry wallet I know I promised but if Coke or possibly even Batman shows up then it’s on. Hell maybe even go this LN.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Am I the only one who prefers Coke over Pepsi?
This is huge news, sorry wallet I know I promised but if Coke or possibly even Batman shows up then it’s on. Hell maybe even go this LN.

I doubt Coke will show up any time soon since it doesn't exist in 6 digit gen yet. Be nice when they do follow with some other insert choices. But this LN is not a bad specimen to grab at this price especially since it's been discontinued in gen.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
I doubt Coke will show up any time soon since it doesn't exist in 6 digit gen yet. Be nice when they do follow with some other insert choices. But this LN is not a bad specimen to grab at this price especially since it's been discontinued in gen.

Yeah I forget. Gen colours aren’t a concern for me I just like coke colours the best.
Yes this LN may be mine for sure.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
As the newer noobs have the VR3135 movement, it’s entirely possible noob will start offering this movement in their GMT’s. Fingers crossed

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
As the newer noobs have the VR3135 movement, it’s entirely possible noob will start offering this movement in their GMT’s. Fingers crossed

I think they just revert back to using SA3135 for their V10s. Such a stupid move.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I think they just revert back to using SA3135 for their V10s. Such a stupid move.

Has this been verified? Or is it something that just keeps being repeated by the same people that wait for Smoke to tell them wether to buy a watch or not?

Reactions: muiramas and KJ2020

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
Has this been verified? Or is it something that just keeps being repeated by the same people that wait for Smoke to tell them wether to buy a watch or not?

Just look at this picture, mate

Tell me that isn't a SA3135

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Just look at this picture, mate

Tell me that isn't a SA3135

Is that a confirmed shot of a v10 though? Or a reused photo of a previous sub? Not many people have a v10 yet, someone posted in the v10 thread just today that they opened their watch and it has a VR3135 with blue hair spring