• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Tudor pelagos is coming

jtks

Getting To Know The Place
25/5/20
I hope it won't be like the issue of their BB58 dial texture, which they never fix.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
They had a couple of years to take a good look at gen didn't they😴
Would it shock you that most of these factories just copy renders on the internet? Only a few bother to buy gen and disassemble to replicate.

I hope it won't be like the issue of their BB58 dial texture, which they never fix.
Easy enough. We should all refuse to buy this mess until they fix it. I hope ZF does bother to update it though. They have a piss poor track record of releasing v2s.

• Haha
Reactions: noah56

Ghost0481

Known Member
11/7/22
Germany
I agree … am i the only one how prefer the mate instead sunburst?! I think this is the perfekt pelagos 39 🤓 better than gen
Have ordered mine immediately ..
Big thanks to zf for making this … 🤝

Reactions: noah56 and remco909

Reaps

25/9/22
I agree … am i the only one how prefer the mate instead sunburst?! I think this is the perfekt pelagos 39 🤓 better than gen
Have ordered mine immediately ..
Big thanks to zf for making this … 🤝
I have read opinions on gen forums, your opinion is suprisingly conmon, alot of purists hate the sunburst as they argue it is distracting on a pure tool watch. Haha.

However in terms of replicating a watch, ZF have failed this time haha

Reactions: remco909

noah56

7/9/24
Would it shock you that most of these factories just copy renders on the internet? Only a few bother to buy gen and disassemble to replicate.

Easy enough. We should all refuse to buy this mess until they fix it. I hope ZF does bother to update it though. They have a piss poor track record of releasing v2s.
Look at these pictures. This is Pepagos 39 by TUF. Do you see any sunburst here? No, right? Why? Because it’s too subtle and is only visible in direct sunlight. We don’t really know about sunburst at the moment.

Also, ZF’s P39 is 10-15 times cheaper than Gen. If you really want a sunburst, why you don’t go gen? 😎

Reactions: FrodoBeutlin

Reaps

25/9/22
Look at these pictures. This is Pepagos 39 by TUF. Do you see any sunburst here? No, right? Why? Because it’s too subtle and is only visible in direct sunlight. We don’t really know about sunburst at the moment.

Also, ZF’s P39 is 10-15 times cheaper than Gen. If you really want a sunburst, why you don’t go gen? 😎
TOW stated it's a matte dial
Skipping this until ZF fix it.
^ We have some confirmation from a TD that it's a matte dial

Regarding your other comment, everyone has a different tolerance to what they can have in a replica, but if you think that way, then why bother with high level replicas? This kind of replica is good enough for you, since details don't matter right?

Reaps

25/9/22
Also, even $200 homages of the Pelagos have sunburst. So price doesn't matter here. It's about attention to basic details. At $380 they can well afford to put in a sunburst dial. So what's your point? We should let ZF slide? You can buy the replica if you want, but I personally won't and will be waiting a while longer. It's your money, your choice, and what you can tolerate in a replica. If you can accept a matte dial, more power to you. Many of us can't and will be waiting for a v2. Cheers

noah56

7/9/24
Also, even $200 homages of the Pelagos have sunburst. So price doesn't matter here. It's about attention to basic details. At $380 they can well afford to put in a sunburst dial. So what's your point? We should let ZF slide? You can buy the replica if you want, but I personally won't and will be waiting a while longer. It's your money, your choice, and what you can tolerate in a replica. If you can accept a matte dial, more power to you. Many of us can't and will be waiting for a v2. Cheers
You are right. Everyone has choice of how they are good to spend their money. Knowing ZF, I highly doubt that there’s ever going to be a v2. But good luck with your wait.

Reactions: Reaps

remco909

Do not accept unsolicited offers
22/4/23
The Netherlands
From what I see I even doubt if it's a matte dial. It looks more glossy to me but it's possible that the crystal is playing tricks here. I might accept a matte version but glossy would definitely be a no-no for me

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Patron
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
^ We have some confirmation from a TD that it's a matte dial

Regarding your other comment, everyone has a different tolerance to what they can have in a replica, but if you think that way, then why bother with high level replicas? This kind of replica is good enough for you, since details don't matter right?

Looks like that Daytona was stung by a bee...

Last edited:

tomtom1009

21/8/20
Reactions: jackflash

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Couple of shots of the TUF Pelagos 39 from the net, I don’t own one. The dial certainly looks more accurate than ZF’s. The sunburst is there, it’s very subtle. It does give the watch a touch more character. The hand colour is better matched too. Pity ZF dropped the ball on this. If anyone has a source for TUF Pelagos, please drop me a PM. Thanks!

Last edited:

Reaps

25/9/22
Couple of shots of the TUF Pelagos 39 dial from the net, I don’t own one. Certainly looks better than ZF’s version. The sunburst is there, it’s very subtle. It does give the watch a touch more character. The hand colour is matched too. Pity ZF dropped the ball on this. If anyone has a source for TUF Pelagos, please drop me a PM. Thanks!

The only "weakness" of the TUF I will point out to you is the chapter ring is too thick/deep/angled compared to gen. But other than that it's a fine replica.