• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Tudor pelagos is coming

ecal

Getting To Know The Place
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/4/13
In that case I can take a San Martin or an IxDao with SW200 as well. We are talking about high end reps here and discussing if it's a NWBIG timepiece. So yeah everybody has to do whatever he thinks is best for him but objectively speaking the ZF is not an very accurate replication at the moment.
agree with this statement .. everytime a rep gets flamed, someone will jump in to pull the 'get a gen if you want perfection' or ' $xxxx vs $xxx, i will take that' stunt .. probably why the factory omit certain obvious aspect/deal breaker because they know there will always be Roberts buying

Reactions: ciccio82

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
In that case I can take a San Martin or an IxDao with SW200 as well. We are talking about high end reps here and discussing if it's a NWBIG timepiece. So yeah everybody has to do whatever he thinks is best for him but objectively speaking the ZF is not an very accurate replication at the moment.
No one (at least not me) is arguing that it’s not accurate compared to the GEN. But sometimes you’re willing to make compromises. People are still paying $500+ for a 5711 with a crown that's sticking out like a sore thumb (myself included). That’s how it goes sometimes!

I really don’t understand the point of trying to convince someone not to buy a watch they want, just because you think it’s not worth it. Let them make their own choice and move on.

remco909

Do not accept unsolicited offers
22/4/23
The Netherlands
No one (at least not me) is arguing that it’s not accurate compared to the GEN. But sometimes you’re willing to make compromises. People are still paying $500+ for a 5711 with a crown that's sticking out like a sore thumb (myself included). That’s how it goes sometimes!

I really don’t understand the point of trying to convince someone not to buy a watch they want, just because you think it’s not worth it. Let them make their own choice and move on.
I am not trying to convince at all. I really don't care what others do but in my opinion this is a thread to discuss the quality of this watch and nothing more than that.

haze3715

walked out, no purchase history.
Supporter
Certified
8/8/21
Canada
I've ordered it anyway
Is the sunburst missing? Yes.

Is the sunburst even noticeable on gen? Outdoors yes. All other conditions, only when ”it catches the light just right”. So you can bearly see it, does it matter? Probably yes. I didn’t spend a lot of time with gen, I think the trick is that even imperceptible it does add a bit of “texture” to the dial.

Tim Mosso struggles to show off any sunburst

Adrian Barker thought he got the wrong watches, because he couldn’t find the sunburst

Funny in these videos the closer you look for the nearly imperceptible sunburst you’re fighting against the glare of the Tudor crystal. It’s washed out by the glare really.

Is this so glaringly obvious to turn you away if you’ve been waiting this long? No probably not. The matte finish gives it a bit of a milsub / toolwatch feel. I am tempted to buy it and enjoy it for what it is!

as with a lot of ZF hardware I suspect parts of the bracelet / clasp will be razor-MFing-sharp and will need a good amount of softening.

ciccio82

6/8/24
I agree with you 100%. Buy a $100 homage if you are looking for a nice watch.

golfa

6/8/17
New Zealand
yes it is a nice watch but it is not a replica. The matte dial error is very visible from miles away, so it is not worth buying at all.
When I first saw the GEN, I liked the sunburst dial. And then I noticed the sunburst was on the bezel too and the more I looked at it, the less I liked it. To see that the ZF rep doesn't have the sunburst on the dial but it DOES have it on the bezel, is a dilemma for me. I'd be happier if it was the other way around .... but I might buy one anyway !

• Wow
Reactions: Xcalm and Ghost0481

pippo

Respected Member
10/1/10
I personally like the BB 58 in blue better.
But the titanium material and the ceramic bezel of Pelagos 58 are a serious temptation for me.

Too bad the bracelet adjustment system in the clasp is not the same of the Pelagos 42

Reactions: noah56

cptkirk

Renowned Member
30/12/08
Look at these pictures. This is Pepagos 39 by TUF. Do you see any sunburst here? No, right? Why? Because it’s too subtle and is only visible in direct sunlight. We don’t really know about sunburst at the moment.

Also, ZF’s P39 is 10-15 times cheaper than Gen. If you really want a sunburst, why you don’t go gen? 😎
I couldn't agree with you more.

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Certified
20/1/21
Would like to see comparison zf vs seastern or any other AliExpress brand. Any members with both in the future?

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Certified
20/1/21
Surely a comparison with a gen p39 would be better , haha ?
I don't care for it...just want to see the case/bracelet finishing.

gen is gen....until it's not on NWBIG level I don't need gen vs. zf

just my opinion

Xcalm

11/7/24
Germany
Look at these pictures. This is Pepagos 39 by TUF. Do you see any sunburst here? No, right? Why? Because it’s too subtle and is only visible in direct sunlight. We don’t really know about sunburst at the moment.

Also, ZF’s P39 is 10-15 times cheaper than Gen. If you really want a sunburst, why you don’t go gen? 😎
Wasn't the TUF Pelagos 39 the one that got the dial wrong (too wide Rehaut)?