• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Sub up on Toros - Noob V2?

letswatch

Horology Curious
6/4/13
Easier to get Rolex to change their designs to match our reps then the other way round I suppose...

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Weird. I paid via website and Toro said money has not gone through.
But the website still says PROCESSING.
What does that mean?
I cannot pay via WU at the moment because am waiting for site to identify.

Gutted. Really wanted one of these.

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
just wondering, isnt there a mod on the foras somewhere that one can "paint" the bezel numerals with things like tamiya kit paint although it will still not be as good as gen.

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
I have received my sub today. It looks amazing to me. The shipping time of Toro is just so awesome, he told me yesterday he shipped it since Monday and only took 4 days to get here. Anyway where's my watch pic that I just took with my phone sorry for the low lighting.

Zanegst

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/7/12
Just ordered from Toro! Can't wait!

odissea

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/09
no they are thick like gen hour markers

In BP and GEN I see markers flatter, smoother, giving the feeling of being bigger, and with a whiter and heterogeneous lumen....
In NOOB always I see markers "smaller feeling", and with a curved lumen....not flat lumen

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
These QC photos look great. The only issue I see and it's typical with all the V2's is the thin SEL gap at 5 o'clock. It's not horrible but the gap is there.

FWIW my last TC had a similar gap...

I just put a pic of my BP GMT Master (superlumed edition).

I think it has no gap on SEL, what do you think..?

ahe4usem.jpg

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
I just put a pic of my BP GMT Master (superlumed edition).

I think it has no gap on SEL, what do you think..?

ahe4usem.jpg

The BP's don't have SEL gap, it's the noob sub V1 and V2's that do.

thisismynick

27/12/10
"V2" ... bwahhhhahahahahahaaaaaaa....

U guys wanna laugh...?

Just got the QC pics for my Noob "V2" Hulk. See below.

On the right side is a QC pic of one of you guys with a "real" V2, left is my so-called "V2". What do you say...? xD

Am really curious what the TD will answer to my pretty emphasized non-approving eMail.......

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
That's an old noob with better hands. Some confusion and lack of knowledge of what the dealer is choosing for you I think!

thisismynick

27/12/10
That's not even better hands. It's the old short stubby hour hand. The CG are off = old case version. Xtal has old LEC @6, Pearl is old zit. Cyclops has no AR / blue tint. Not sure about the dial though, could be the V2 version. Interesting enough: The ROLEXROLEXROLEX lines up perfectly @9 - normally not with V1 case?!

So, that might be a Franken-REP: You ask me, a mixture of an old standard stock noob and the V2 prototype. Anyhoo, the TD in question can shove that unit.

And no, this TD knows his stuff. That is either a really stoooopid mistake, or a verrrry stoopid attempted rip-off, him knowing me being a bit knowlegable aroung reps, member of the fora etc...

OR, worst case: the factories are trying to sell the old crap cases, inserts etc under "V2" label, since demand os higher than supply, and not every customer of a V2 knows the differences of V1 and V2.........

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Good job qc pics were sent!! You would have been one annoyed fella opening the package!!!!

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Got mine :) cant post pics just yet as I am on the road

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
Now I searched this whole topic and I think I finally deserve the answer.
Why is there no 116610LB? Will there ever be, or should I just go with BP?
I only hope Hont can find me a Noob bracelet.