• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I think the most likely thing is that they are copying those watch from a mix of pictures that aren't all from the same period. Doubt they have ONE watch in mind and just mix and match as a result.

Patek also mix and match parts. Impossible to define, without doubt, what is correct.

Plus it would make sense for the factories to simply get a gen especially If they’re going to the effort to copy the movement. Solid investment. They’ll make back the cash in the first week of release. So many used gens available.

Sent from the RWI App

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I think the most likely thing is that they are copying those watch from a mix of pictures that aren't all from the same period. Doubt they have ONE watch in mind and just mix and match as a result.

It’s only the moon phase color that doesn’t match mid version characteristics. But the moon phase color doesn’t fit any period at all.

Other than that, copper color of pinions, dial color, non-thick dots at 25 and 35, and the movement name ‘240’ all fits a mid version (2010-2019).

On the contrary these doesn’t match the latest version, nor the early version.

I think it’s more likely like some others here are saying, that they got a gen to make it from. And that gen was a mid version.

fettersack111

Known Member
13/1/19
Germany
Very valid points. All in all, given the variety.. I think it would be impossible for someone to look at your wrist and say THAT DETAIL is off. As we have all come to see now, there are many different dial colours, pinion caps and moon phase colors. Could also always be a service dial... Its not like a modern Black Sub that just never changes at all mid reference. I do prefer the V1 color dial tho.

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Great write up @jm_brc_7057! I'm going with the theory that the V2 is molded on mid-years 5712s.

And agree that it would be hard to call out the watch on the wrist for any particular detail. Keep in mind that the biggest tell is the wearer after all.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Great write up @jm_brc_7057! I'm going with the theory that the V2 is molded on mid-years 5712s.

And agree that it would be hard to call out the watch on the wrist for any particular detail. Keep in mind that the biggest tell is the wearer after all.

Thanks buddy! Well said. And even we are disappointed with PPF not keeping the V1 dial color, We have to be more on the lookout for if this rep is gen spec or not.
Until now I’m not certain about the dial color. It’s very hard to see from the pictures. I have to see it irl before I judge it. Still awaiting my qc though.

carborit

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
16/7/22
V1 Lume is ugly ghost white...cheap plastic white imo. If you don’t like v2, wait for v3. Who can be bothered messing around swapping dials and shit in 2022, when you’re already paying close to a grand for base Watches. V2 looks stunning out the box to me eyes with specific batch gen like purple hue..but if you don’t like purple, you don’t like purple.

Hahah I like purple but I like watches closer to the original even more...

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I talked to my TD a couple days ago and he said PPF is updating the 5712, which is why a new batch has not been released. He did not specify what they are updating. TD is Geektime.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

centrum

27/7/14
I talked to my TD a couple days ago and he said PPF is updating the 5712, which is why a new batch has not been released. He did not specify what they are updating. TD is Geektime.
Interesting they are updating it once again. The 5712 must have a special place for the ZF boss man.