• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

hahamen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/18
Edit : Didn't notice your QC photo, seems like it's the same as v1.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Reactions: bunny123

Anadrol5

14/10/18
After a month and a half of waiting I finally received my QCs from Intime. I keep on hearing that the reason for the delay is because PPF has been updating the dial but my QC pics looks exacltly like the other watches here. Sorry I'm having a hard time trying to upload photos for some reason so I gave up.

Reactions: Mazzantini

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
After a month and a half of waiting I finally received my QCs from Intime. I keep on hearing that the reason for the delay is because PPF has been updating the dial but my QC pics looks exacltly like the other watches here. Sorry I'm having a hard time trying to upload photos for some reason so I gave up.

Pp180

Black sub....it's always the black sub!
10/1/21

I got the pictures to work via my desktop, here are some of the pictures.
That looks decent, I'm always paranoid the sub dails are going to fail based on a few reps I've had to have fixed due to over or under lubrication in the factory. Stunning aesthetics though overall.

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
I just completed a full service on the clone 240 movement. It is honesty surprisingly robust in some regards like the date, and moonphase. I don't see them as easy failure points. But some of the springs used are very thin and delicate and I could see them failing as rep material quality is not exactly swiss quality for obvious reasons.

Mazzantini

Horology Curious
30/1/16
my order after two months of waiting.

senator

3/6/09
zodgfo.jpg

zodcQk.jpg

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
The dials still look very purple. The bright white studio type light and over exposure neutralises the purple colour.

Reactions: fpi87

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
@DerpyOfficer Delighted that you took the clone 240 movement apart and serviced it. No glued parts or other surprises? In your opinion, is the movement robust and worthy of servicing or better left alone?

FWIW, I have found the 3KF 324 movements to be reliable and surprisingly accurate over my period of ownership (although I know some have had issues with their crowns) and am hoping that's true of the 240 clones too. Appreciate your thoughts.