• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Bro, in the most respectful way, may I ask Why you’re zooming in on some blokes (gen) watch. who cares what a man has on his wrist...and why zoom in on gen anyway. Let it be

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I don't see anything wrong with it, this is a discussion forum, where we talk about reps and sometimes gens.

If it's gen, good for the owner, if it's rep good too, we could discuss the good modds that were made to pass as gen in several accounts and everyone here could achieve something similar.

I think no one is talking about the person who has it, he was just talking about the watch.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
^That’s fair enough mate...I personally can’t stand staring at gen pics but ok, if it’s for discussion purposes here, then I get it...it’s what a lot of people here like to do...for me I’d rather stare and talk about the Watches that we actually have...i Don’t really care what a 200k gen looks like based on photo comparison with a single gen...But that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I don't see anything wrong with it, this is a discussion forum, where we talk about reps and sometimes gens.

If it's gen, good for the owner, if it's rep good too, we could discuss the good modds that were made to pass as gen in several accounts and everyone here could achieve something similar.

I think no one is talking about the person who has it, he was just talking about the watch.

Fair enough, but in that case I wouldn't post it in a thread that is discussing a special model of rep (here the latest PPF with 240 clone), unless there's a suspicion that it is that rep, which clearly it isn't

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I thought it could be interesting to discuss it. Also to learn if it can be seen if it’s not a gen. Specially the markers in the example I presented were very edged and not rounded at all. If the gen 5712’s can look like that it’s nice to know. Because the reps, including the PPF’s being discussed have that. Both the V1 and V2.

My apologies. I have removed the comments.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Fair enough, but in that case I wouldn't post it in a thread that is discussing a special model of rep (here the latest PPF with 240 clone), unless there's a suspicion that it is that rep, which clearly it isn't

Buddy I think you should apply as section moderator, because more often you are telling people what they can or can not write ;)

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Buddy I think you should apply as section moderator, because more often you are telling people what they can or can not write ;)

I do respect you and your contributions and I'm sure I've learned from them.

Now I think that everyone benefits from a forum where the information is easily accessible and not prone to confusion. And I've seen too many times such "side" posts leading one page later to someone thinking it was the rep of the title or something else, and completely derailing the conversation, even though it was nobody's intention to end up there.

That's why I stated my opinion, you'll notice that I said "I wouldn't" and not "you can't".

Have a nice day

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I do respect you and your contributions and I'm sure I've learned from them.

Now I think that everyone benefits from a forum where the information is easily accessible and not prone to confusion. And I've seen too many times such "side" posts leading one page later to someone thinking it was the rep of the title or something else, and completely derailing the conversation, even though it was nobody's intention to end up there.

That's why I stated my opinion, you'll notice that I said "I wouldn't" and not "you can't".

Have a nice day

Thanks. And I have learned from you too. I can respect your opinion when you put it this way. We all want a good forum. Have a nice day too.

Reactions: Tobel

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I thought it could be interesting to discuss it. Also to learn if it can be seen if it’s not a gen. Specially the markers in the example I presented were very edged and not rounded at all. If the gen 5712’s can look like that it’s nice to know. Because the reps, including the PPF’s being discussed have that. Both the V1 and V2.

My apologies. I have removed the comments.

the problem when you remove the comment is that it become impossible to follow the flow of the discussion...
just edit your post in case you change your mind....it is better
> beside that i don't understand where in the rules it is written that it is not allowed to post some genuine watches in photos....

BTW: i ran through your thread about the 3800 VS 5711, very nice write up ...Congrats for your 3800, very nice piece...

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
the problem when you remove the comment is that it become impossible to follow the flow of the discussion...
just edit your post in case you change your mind....it is better
> beside that i don't understand where in the rules it is written that it is not allowed to post some genuine watches in photos....

BTW: i ran through your thread about the 3800 VS 5711, very nice write up ...Congrats for your 3800, very nice piece...

I changed my mind because I referred to the Instagram account of the person who posted the watch. And I got a very negative response from Tobel and mech500. And therefore decided to remove it. Because I felt it wasn’t appropriate in this thread about the PPF V2 clone movement.

Thanks about the 3800, I also got the AP 14790ST since then and was thinking about making a post about it. Versus the 15202ST rep. But haven’t had the time to do so.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I changed my mind because I referred to the Instagram account of the person who posted the watch. And I got a very negative response from Tobel and mech500. And therefore decided to remove it. Because I felt it wasn’t appropriate in this thread about the PPF V2 clone movement.

Thanks about the 3800, I also got the AP 14790ST since then and was thinking about making a post about it. Versus the 15202ST rep. But haven’t had the time to do so.

I love both jumbos with a preference for the AP. The small sisters you are presenting here are such nice pieces as well (and more affordable as well) .... Unfortunately (cost-wise) the small sisters are not for my wrist :-(

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
My V2 arrived today. First impression: excellent for the following reasons:

The bracelet on V2 is much nicer than V1 -- more supple and bendable means it drapes nicely on the wrist.
The movement is a pleasure to wind, unlike the V1, which is finicky and a bit gritty (and then there's the working power reserve).
The crown screws in almost flat against the crown guards -- the V1 stock crown protrudes way too much and is an instant tell on the wrist IMO.
The V2 measures 9.2 mm and the V1 9.6 mm. Not a huge difference, but between the actual thickness and the way the V2 sits on the wrist, V2 feels thinner and more gen-like. (Gen is 8.52 mm according to Patek)

Onto the dial:
V2 is less iridescent than the V1 dial. Not purple to my eyes, just a little flatter in affect. They're both nice, though.
The lume on V2 is greener than on V1, which is whiter. I don't know which is more gen-like, but it'll only take a little getting used to.
The markers on V2 (six o'clock, for example) seem slightly smaller and less pronounced than on V1. Again, don't know if this is more gen-like or not, just slightly different from V1.

The two bezels look identical to me -- if there is a difference in thickness, I can't tell.

I have loved the V1 and wear it often, but I can't imagine reaching for a 5712 and not opting for the V2, which just feels like a better watch to me.

ZvTeT6.jpg

ZvTo9r.jpg

ZvT28D.jpg

Notice how much more the V2 bracelet bends, allowing it to sit lower than the V1. The bracelet is more supple, so it drapes better on the wrist.
ZvTwq8.jpg

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
My V2 arrived today. First impression: excellent for the following reasons:

The bracelet on V2 is much nicer than V1 -- more supple and bendable means it drapes nicely on the wrist.
The movement is a pleasure to wind, unlike the V1, which is finicky and a bit gritty (and then there's the working power reserve).
The crown screws in almost flat against the crown guards -- the V1 stock crown protrudes way too much and is an instant tell on the wrist IMO.
The V2 measures 9.2 mm and the V1 9.6 mm. Not a huge difference, but between the actual thickness and the way the V2 sits on the wrist, V2 feels thinner and more gen-like. (Gen is 8.52 mm according to Patek)

Onto the dial:
V2 is less iridescent than the V1 dial. Not purple to my eyes, just a little flatter in affect. They're both nice, though.
The lume on V2 is greener than on V1, which is whiter. I don't know which is more gen-like, but it'll only take a little getting used to.
The markers on V2 (six o'clock, for example) seem slightly smaller and less pronounced than on V1. Again, don't know if this is more gen-like or not, just slightly different from V1.

The two bezels look identical to me -- if there is a difference in thickness, I can't tell.

I have loved the V1 and wear it often, but I can't imagine reaching for a 5712 and not opting for the V2, which just feels like a better watch to me.

ZvTeT6.jpg

Great comparison where everyone can see the dial color difference.

Not sure if it is the angle of the shot but v1 see to have a better bezel shape and V2 seem to miss any case bevel ...

Last edited:

fettersack111

Known Member
13/1/19
Germany
the gen has the same color pinions, but they’re usually capped.
Yea that's what I thought. I haven't seen a gen without a cap on the pinion. Especially on the white sundial hands it really stands out.

Especially since they got it right on the V1

Last edited: