• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

j-mark

Horology Curious
1/12/22
UK
I just received it!! simply impressive! I love it!! very happy with the result! I'll take photos later! :love::love::love:
Interest to see what you had done mod-wise - I have one with SpongeBob now, he said should be done at the end of March..

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I mean about the profile/shape of the lug
Ah ok , you mean pointy or rounded mid case ?
I am not a big fan of the too pointy or too rounded version (like shown below), i think the key is to find the right balance (personal preference of course)

Reactions: BIONONE

Huss.A

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/23
If someone did CNC case work, would be very nice if we can compare to other case work by modders.

solexz

Known Member
22/7/22
USA
How reliable is the PP240 Super Clone movement?
After servicing yes. There an unfortunate, poorly made, manufactured clutch wheel in the keyless that is prone to having teeth break and make its way into the movement. Once its been cleaned and well oiled they are far more issue free. Its still a rep however so YMMV. I'm still VERY careful with time setting regardless, and thats a big thing.

These arent the rolex clones, and the 240 clone is a very complicated movement, and as long you are careful with time setting everything should be fine.

Reactions: FlamingMontains

88timesaday

Horology Curious
21/1/24
Europe
On Friday the package arrived in Spain and FedEx customs stopped it, after spending yesterday at 8 in the morning talking to them and sending documentation, the package will have to return to SpongeBob SquarePants and they will have to send it to me through another company .. what a job... with how fast everything had been... :( :( :(
I stopped sending items from international to Spain after a horrible experience where they charged me custom fees to send two PC monitors from the UK, and then the bastards at Correos charged me €65 for a cheap PC memory bank from China! instead i now send my stuff to the UK and bring it back to Spain that way. I hate everything about Spain's delusional customs charges and processes.

Reactions: navarro86jm

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
After servicing yes. There an unfortunate, poorly made, manufactured clutch wheel in the keyless that is prone to having teeth break and make its way into the movement. Once its been cleaned and well oiled they are far more issue free. Its still a rep however so YMMV. I'm still VERY careful with time setting regardless, and thats a big thing.

These arent the rolex clones, and the 240 clone is a very complicated movement, and as long you are careful with time setting everything should be fine.
Are you able to be more specific with how you are careful setting the time?

solexz

Known Member
22/7/22
USA
Are you able to be more specific with how you are careful setting the time?
Just be deliberate. For example, if you’ve had a VSF watch or say a DD4130, you can just time set like hyper speed or zero care. On an unserviced 240 Cal. I would go, not slow, but like I said deliberate. The more time setting (pos 2) is engaged, the more likely a tooth on that shitty rep clutch could break. That’s just my take, I’ve owned 3 of these and one broke due to clutch teeth breaking as it went unserviced and I was careless