• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

DJWright

Looking Around
6/2/24
Here is a full construction of the great @Spongebob !! :love:

On its way to my hands... I'll take photos when I receive it!

PPF 5712 base

SW Dial

Custom Moon Phase

PPF markers beveled, veneered and transplanted to SW dial

Hour and minute hands and plated bezel

Pinion mod
1) minute hand sprocket
2)date indicator pinion
3)PR indicator pinion
4)Second hand sprocket

Remodeling with bevel cut of tabs

Round the edges of the bracelet

Moving service

Water resistant (new bezel gasket)

First flexible link

Engraved plates

Case work
- fix the bezel
- cut out the bottom of the box
- trim the rehaut
- relocate the 4 screw holes on the left and right ear
- slim the casing to 8.52
- brushing case

Yes, please. Can you send photos of the movement?

Thanks

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Is the CNC Case for the 5712 released and available to order now?

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
It is but I've been told the ultra 240 movement is needed because the stem release on the regular clone could not be pressed with the gen like case style, so once you install the movement you can not remove it.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
It is but I've been told the ultra 240 movement is needed because the stem release on the regular clone could not be pressed with the gen like case style, so once you install the movement you can not remove it.
If it is gen like you can't install the ppf movement as the case is a top loader with movement stem release from the top, while the current "clone" is a bottom stem release ....

Huss.A

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/23
Can PPF not just make it like this from the beginning?

Obviously its possible.

This is market demand. Hopefully someone at PPF is reading this forum.
I think they can't. The level of experience @Spongebob has is incredible. He is true genius when it's come to mod. A lot of what you see is a hand job that's need years of practice to develop that skill set.

It's same challenge the gen watch maker has, to train and develop a real watchsmith takes years.

The factory can maybe spend more time and investment, they can eventually get there, but then it will not financially rewarding to sell that watch above 2K, No high demand and it takes long to produce.

Huss.A

8/12/23
It's available already, but I don't recommend it. My trusted sources told me that the bezel is a miss, mid case also need to be worked and there is a huge gap between mid case and bezel. So seems still far away from perfect.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
As some of you may know, I service these movements a lot. I've seen quite a few come in that have been subpar recently. I service/repair/mod ~10-15 watches per month and about half of those are 5712 for either service or mod.

I'm finding some of the ones that come to me with issues, if they are related to the hairspring or the keyless sliding pinion being messed up, then the movement is toast. Thankfully the TDs are very good about accepting repairs and I can work with them to send the watch back to China, if the customers bought it from them of course.

It seems the ones that come from China in great shape when they arrive at your doorstop, will remain that way even if you get them modded. If it has issues like timekeeping changing over time (not related to magnetism), or keyless/winding issues, then it might be time to reach out to your TD to do a warranty repair.

Huss.A

8/12/23
As some of you may know, I service these movements a lot. I've seen quite a few come in that have been subpar recently. I service/repair/mod ~10-15 watches per month and about half of those are 5712 for either service or mod.

I'm finding some of the ones that come to me with issues, if they are related to the hairspring or the keyless sliding pinion being messed up, then the movement is toast. Thankfully the TDs are very good about accepting repairs and I can work with them to send the watch back to China, if the customers bought it from them of course.

It seems the ones that come from China in great shape when they arrive at your doorstop, will remain that way even if you get them modded. If it has issues like timekeeping changing over time (not related to magnetism), or keyless/winding issues, then it might be time to reach out to your TD to do a warranty repair.
Thank you so major, always valuable information and educative to us . Really appreciate your comment.

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21

Have you had much experience with the Ultra/ACE movement and know whether that one has a noticeably lower/higher failure rate?

Reactions: grillbrill

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
I made a post about the new cnc case set bro.
and from what i see, i dont find the issue on the case as the other member mention. Case quality depends on factory. Many factories makes cnc case with different data.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Have you had much experience with the Ultra/ACE movement and know whether that one has a noticeably lower/higher failure rate?
Keyless issue applies on the ACE movement, but I haven't seen one IRL yet.

The hairspring could be better, but my bet is that it's not much stronger/more resilient. It's so small and fragile and a low beat.

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
I made a post about the new cnc case set bro.
and from what i see, i dont find the issue on the case as the other member mention. Case quality depends on factory. Many factories makes cnc case with different data.

Yeah I saw but you said they were samples so I wasn't sure whether it was released yet. Thanks for confirmation

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
Can PPF not just make it like this from the beginning?

Obviously its possible.

This is market demand. Hopefully someone at PPF is reading this forum.
They can......but that would be like painting a target on their backs that no amount of police payoffs can save them from.

Reactions: Reaps

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
Does anyone here remember a user who posted a link who I believe was making their own 5726/5712 moonphase discs? They were like 150, very gen like and the website was black and very simple