• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
Maybe, if we're lucky, Omega will make a brown seamster that isn't related to the stupid films. Ideally with ceramic bezel and date. Then, we could expect the same quality of the 300m blue rep.

This Seamaster is such a bad deal in gen; you pay a few K more for a watch with aluminum bezel, closed caseback and no date, just because it has "007" engraved on the back. It looks good, but is a horrible deal, in comparison.
I think ceramic bezel will not give us the same nostalgic feel due to its glossiness
and for me, no date complication please :LOL:

Reactions: JohnnyDangerous

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
Maybe, if we're lucky, Omega will make a brown seamster that isn't related to the stupid films. Ideally with ceramic bezel and date. Then, we could expect the same quality of the 300m blue rep.

This Seamaster is such a bad deal in gen; you pay a few K more for a watch with aluminum bezel, closed caseback and no date, just because it has "007" engraved on the back. It looks good, but is a horrible deal, in comparison.
That's why this would be best to buy on the second hand market... then the price is closer to edible

AlphaWolf

Getting To Know The Place
29/8/24
This might be a stupid question, but... How to know if i got exact manufacturer, version of the replica I ordered? NTTD rep prices would vary from 300s to 500 depending on manufacturer and version. Lets say I'll order VS Factory V4, is there way to confirm it from the QC pictures?

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24
Totally wrong.

The genuine Omega 88xx movement is in a different world compared to the ETA2824 used in a VSF SMP300.

They're not even remotely comparable.
I was under the impression that the A8800 movement was very close to the genuine 8800 movement, much like how Clean's DD3286 is to gen. 🤷‍♂️

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24
Totally wrong.

The genuine Omega 88xx movement is in a different world compared to the ETA2824 used in a VSF SMP300.

They're not even remotely comparable.
Never mind, I confused movements. The A8800 is an asian eta 2824-2 movement, but that movement is solid AF, so why bother going gen? Plus it's easy to fix and can be swapped out easily!

Genuine_Tourbillon

Getting To Know The Place
14/11/20
England
Teuater
This might be a stupid question, but... How to know if i got exact manufacturer, version of the replica I ordered? NTTD rep prices would vary from 300s to 500 depending on manufacturer and version. Lets say I'll order VS Factory V4, is there way to confirm it from the Q

Never mind, I confused movements. The A8800 is an asian eta 2824-2 movement, but that movement is solid AF, so why bother going gen? Plus it's easy to fix and can be swapped out easily!
Why go gen?

Better power reserve, Co-axial, free sprung balance wheel with s14 hairspring , 15,000 Gauss resistance, meta Chronometer. Ultra reliable.

Absolutely no contest.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
This might be a stupid question, but... How to know if i got exact manufacturer, version of the replica I ordered? NTTD rep prices would vary from 300s to 500 depending on manufacturer and version. Lets say I'll order VS Factory V4, is there way to confirm it from the QC pictures?
No easy way. Either learn yourself what to look for or buy from a dealer you trust is the easiest way. Otherwise you learn the model deeply and the different variations. Ain't no shortcuts.

I wouldn't be hyper worried lol there isnt any v3 VSF NTTDs left those were gone a year+ ago.

Reactions: AlphaWolf

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24
Teuater

Why go gen?

Better power reserve, Co-axial, free sprung balance wheel with s14 hairspring , 15,000 Gauss resistance, meta Chronometer. Ultra reliable.

Absolutely no contest.
True. For 4k, I might even consider it. Heck, my bicycle costs more than that. But I can't find them for that price on chrono. And it's Omega; for some reason this brand never appealed to me, even before I discovered replicas. I can't place the why, because objectively speaking, they are good watches. It like Tudor; they just rub me wrong. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: leo6929

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
I was under the impression that the A8800 movement was very close to the genuine 8800 movement, much like how Clean's DD3286 is to gen. 🤷‍♂️
Nope. It's just a regular Asian movement that is decorated to look like an 8800. Nowhere close to a gen 8800.

Reactions: Reaps

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24
Nope. It's just a regular Asian movement that is decorated to look like an 8800. Nowhere close to a gen 8800.

Yeah, I was confused. As I said in my previous reply, it's an asian eta 2824-2 movement.

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
Yeah, I was confused. As I said in my previous reply, it's an asian eta 2824-2 movement.
Yes I saw that after I posted that reply. My bad.

In my ZF SMP300, I swapped it out for an SW200. The eta 2824 had an issue in mine and after the swap, it's perfect.

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24
Yes I saw that after I posted that reply. My bad.

In my ZF SMP300, I swapped it out for an SW200. The eta 2824 had an issue in mine and after the swap, it's perfect.
Nice! Did you do the swap yourself and did you change the date wheel so that it had the correct font?

Reactions: Valaj

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
Nice! Did you do the swap yourself and did you change the date wheel so that it had the correct font?
I didn't swap it out myself since I'm incompetent. I got a watchmaker to do it for me. He used the DW that came with the ZF.