• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I got one from a non TD for a premium. Apparently they don't offer them separately anymore.

Otherwise, I've seen some show up on reptimeBST discord and even eBay 😂
There are many on ebay claiming to be titanium. I’ve messaged the more credible looking offers but haven’t heard back.

If someone does find a seller who is actually selling a high quality titanium mesh for the NTTD, please do us a service and post a link.

Reactions: NotIansIdea

MWJuhl

Getting To Know The Place
13/1/22
There are many on ebay claiming to be titanium. I’ve messaged the more credible looking offers but haven’t heard back.

If someone does find a seller who is actually selling a high quality titanium mesh for the NTTD, please do us a service and post a link.
It's not Omega branded, but this might be a decent option

Reactions: 19SGT82

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
It's not Omega branded, but this might be a decent option

Thanks, but I bet most people are looking 👀 for an Omega branded strap. I know I am.

MWJuhl

13/1/22
True i guess, but if you have the vsf bracelet you might be able to just switch out the clasp

Podraza

13/12/20
Plymouth, Mn
Thanks for the response. I just checked with my contact. They are months away from being able to grab a vsf+ bracelet. I’m going with the vsf nttd for now and picking up a + when available

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
After many attempts to get a replacement crown and tube, I have good news to report!

Yesterday, I received a “Titanium” crown and tube set I bought on Aliexpress.

Yahoo! Finally, something that works!

The new tube, press fit like the VSF one, fit perfectly except it was a little bit too long outside the collar and required minor shortening to get the crown to screw snug to the case.

BTW you will use the included crown because the VSF crown does not screw in to the new tube. Yes, the crown screw into the tube like the original.

On the other hand, if anyone needs a VSF NTTD crown with good threads, send me a PM.

Here is a link to the replacement set.
Yup, got the same and the swap worked like a charm.
The biggest advantage of the replacement aftermarket crown/tube set from aliexpress is they are actually finely bead blasted and matted S/S parts, a lot more resistant to frequent wear and tear.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
It appears after years of trying no factory managed to get to that 'close to 1:1' with this Seamaster. Speaking to one of Angus' people this was one of those reps originally made by digital rendering from the photos, not having it in-hand and replicating the 'real thing'.
Then they simply kept updating it following the feedback from the rep community and customers as a whole. There are now 4 factories I know of that had a go at making this rep. VSF, with no less than 4 iterations in 3 years is still the closest IMO.
The visible diffs around dial marker sizing and position (round markers smaller, pushed towards the hand stack, vertical/baton markers thinner than gen and double baton marker lot of times misaligned at 12 o'clock) are still noticeable to the naked eye, even without having the gen in hand for comparo. The dial and bezel color is now much better and closer to gen, gone is the pinkish hue lume. I own the VSF V4 and love it by the way, if I look at it alone without thinking about its diffs from the gen, I am content, but if the 'better' version comes out and most of those small differences get addressed, will jump onto it ASAP.

It all harkens to a potential V5 coming out of VSF sometime in the near future, or one of the factories actually investing $7,5k to make it close to 1:1.

Reactions: leo6929 and VixLa3

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
It appears after years of trying no factory managed to get to that 'close to 1:1' with this Seamaster. Speaking to one of Angus' people this was one of those reps originally made by digital rendering from the photos, not having it in-hand and replicating the 'real thing'.
Then they simply kept updating it following the feedback from the rep community and customers as a whole. There are now 4 factories I know of that had a go at making this rep. VSF, with no less than 4 iterations in 3 years is still the closest IMO.
The visible diffs around dial marker sizing and position (round markers smaller, pushed towards the hand stack, vertical/baton markers thinner than gen and double baton marker lot of times misaligned at 12 o'clock) are still noticeable to the naked eye, even without having the gen in hand for comparo. The dial and bezel color is now much better and closer to gen, gone is the pinkish hue lume. I own the VSF V4 and love it by the way, if I look at it alone without thinking about its diffs from the gen, I am content, but if the 'better' version comes out and most of those small differences get addressed, will jump onto it ASAP.

It all harkens to a potential V5 coming out of VSF sometime in the near future, or one of the factories actually investing $7,5k to make it close to 1:1.
As the hype for the NTTD has diminished, doubt the factories are keen in getting further improved versions onto the market. The return of investment is rather low now for this piece.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
As the hype for the NTTD has diminished, doubt the factories are keen in getting further improved versions onto the market. The return of investment is rather low now for this piece.
I don't see it that way. But that's me.

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
well I second this view
hence the VSF NTTD v4 should the best rep in the market except bracelet

most likely I will get one as my NTTD rep has the pinkish hands, or probably hunt for gen hands or VSF v4 hands

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
well I second this view
hence the VSF NTTD v4 should the best rep in the market except bracelet

most likely I will get one as my NTTD rep has the pinkish hands, or probably hunt for gen hands or VSF v4 hands
Mine is V4 too, also got pinkish lume on the hands. The latest V4 has improved lume colour to match the markers?
Gen hands won't work as the movement is completely different.

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
Mine is V4 too, also got pinkish lume on the hands. The latest V4 has improved lume colour to match the markers?
Gen hands won't work as the movement is completely different.
oh, I thought VSF had fixed the hands' pinkish lume issue?

thanks for the heads up on gen hands, didn't aware of that

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
oh, I thought VSF had fixed the hands' pinkish lume issue?

thanks for the heads up on gen hands, didn't aware of that
First lot of V4 came with pinkish lume indeed. They seem to have addressed this on recent V4 stock. Mine is VSF, bought 5 months ago.
I guess a cause for confusion is because the hand maker updated the hands but the factory didn't change the original V4 designation so most would think the original V4 is the current V4.
As I mentioned above, Angus' employee told me this watch has been updated along the way following the customer and rep community feedback...this might be true it might not, but the proof is in the pudding - hands lume isn't pinkish anymore.

Reactions: kiasunkiasi

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
First lot of V4 came with pinkish lume indeed. They seem to have addressed this on recent V4 stock. Mine is VSF, bought 5 months ago.
I guess a cause for confusion is because the hand maker updated the hands but the factory didn't change the original V4 designation so most would think the original V4 is the current V4.
As I mentioned above, Angus' employee told me this watch has been updated along the way following the customer and rep community feedback...this might be true it might not, but the proof is in the pudding - hands lume isn't pinkish anymore.
glad to hear that, thanks

might be checking with my WeChat rep seller on this

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
I've given up hope that a good model will come for this. After 3 years of replicas and many factories, we still don't have the best option. It seems VSF + VS+ bracelet is the best compromise but it's sad.

Reactions: Cloked

Genuine_Tourbillon

14/11/20
England
I've given up hope that a good model will come for this. After 3 years of replicas and many factories, we still don't have the best option. It seems VSF + VS+ bracelet is the best compromise but it's sad.
Just buy a VSF and a gen NATO from eBay and be done with it.

The VSF + bracelet isn't close to gen, it's way too smooth. Plus, unless it's the short size milanese (VSF+ is large sized) it doesn't fit comfortably for any wrist size under 7½ inches.

Reactions: Valaj and Reaps

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24
Maybe, if we're lucky, Omega will make a brown seamster that isn't related to the stupid films. Ideally with ceramic bezel and date. Then, we could expect the same quality of the 300m blue rep.

This Seamaster is such a bad deal in gen; you pay a few K more for a watch with aluminum bezel, closed caseback and no date, just because it has "007" engraved on the back. It looks good, but is a horrible deal, in comparison.