• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

I am human

Looking Around
10/5/24
did any of you that have VSF with stainless steel bracelet check the bracelet if it's indeed stainless? I just got my watch 2 days ago and testing with a magnet today the bracelet is definitely not steel. I'm guessing that VSF is using some sort of aluminium alloy to produce it and to make it lightweight.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
did any of you that have VSF with stainless steel bracelet check the bracelet if it's indeed stainless? I just got my watch 2 days ago and testing with a magnet today the bracelet is definitely not steel. I'm guessing that VSF is using some sort of aluminium alloy to produce it and to make it lightweight.
Out of interest - This VS+ is listed as full titanium

If yours is amagnetic, I’d say it’s also titanium. I doubt VSF would use aluminium. Potentially the same bracelet as the VS+ I linked above…..

I am human

Looking Around
10/5/24
Out of interest - This VS+ is listed as full titanium

If yours is amagnetic, I’d say it’s also titanium. I doubt VSF would use aluminium. Potentially the same bracelet as the VS+ I linked above…..
Minę is supposedly a VSF with SS bracelet ant it doesn’t react to a magnet. Taitanium is also not magnetic but I doubt Andrew would sell me a VSF with titanium band as that is not available. I’m strongly betting all of those advertised SS Milanese bracelets are actually alloy

xZeroCoolx

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/10/22
US
You can tell pretty easily by the weight. And both titanium and stainless will NOT be magnetic.

Stock VSF SS
KfVSaW.jpeg

Gen Titanium
KfV0lS.jpeg

silvoslaf

Horology Curious
16/5/23
Serbia
I mean the patina colour of the lume. It's too orange and really badly shows in low light.

Bezel insert is shiny and not even close to the colour of the gen. It also has very poor lume compared to VSF

VSF v4 is easily the best NTTD.
Hope you don't me asking but how is the crown stem issue now with the latest batches of the VSF v4 / VS+?

Did the address the issue or is there a quick & (relatively) easy fix?

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
Hey guys,

Don't know if this has been covered but I only just recently got this from VSF (yeah it took ages for it to grow on me haha). But I noticed an unnatural rattling noise when I moved it. I'm normally not one to shy away from opening and repairing these things but since this is Omega's NAIAD lock system I was a bit anxious about needing the exact tool that fits it and how it all works.

Turns out...for better or for worse...it is ridiculously simple to open. I was just having a feel and....two fingers rested like so:

Applied a bit of pressure....rotated what...45 degrees? anticlockwise:

...boom! Lifts right off:

Turns out, if you can see on the movement (near the lower lug with the serial number), a screw and it's retaining tab had fallen loose:

Bit disappointing with this from VSF, but on a positive note, at least I learnt something lol. The caseback really didn't need much force to unscrew, which, in some ways makes me a little worried on water resistance, though at the same time it feels like it screws on tight and solid enough?....
Why is your caseback so messed up? I've had my VS4 since 2021 and I've worn it in pools and been in the water at beaches and it still looks good as new.

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
Interesting !
Never noticed it before but the 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock baton markers are different size ! VSF are longer and narrower. Now I’ve seen it I can’t unsee it.
Nah, the 2 images aren't in alignment the proximity and angles of both photos are not the same, given the appearance of your assessment. The battons of both in reality are the same.

19SGT82

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/2/24
UK
Nah, the 2 images aren't in alignment the proximity and angles of both photos are not the same, given the appearance of your assessment. The battons of both in reality are the same.
Agreed it wasn't the best photo for comparison. However, I can say with 100% certainty that the gen battons are wider, and the markers are also larger and placed closer to the edge of the dial.

The bezel on the VSF is very close (much better than the VS+) and the dial colour/texture is also similar.

Genuine_Tourbillon

Horology Curious
14/11/20
England
Agreed it wasn't the best photo for comparison. However, I can say with 100% certainty that the gen battons are wider, and the markers are also larger and placed closer to the edge of the dial.

The bezel on the VSF is very close (much better than the VS+) and the dial colour/texture is also similar.
It's a known flaw that the baton markers are smaller. The circle markers also seem smaller when looking at gen in hand.

The VS+ is closer to gen in regards to this. They have all-round larger indices.

Reactions: Teamjlf and 19SGT82

Genuine_Tourbillon

Horology Curious
14/11/20
England
Hope you don't me asking but how is the crown stem issue now with the latest batches of the VSF v4 / VS+?

Did the address the issue or is there a quick & (relatively) easy fix?
If you use the crown like a Seiko with the same issues (reverse the screw in crown until it clicks into place) you'll never have a threading issue.

watchfarma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
Certified
13/7/13
Why is your caseback so messed up? I've had my VS4 since 2021 and I've worn it in pools and been in the water at beaches and it still looks good as new.
Haha it's not, it's mint. I just put a thin film adhesive protect it. I usually do that with watches with steel bracelets. While I'm careful, other people handling won't necessarily be and will often rest it on the bracelet i.e. face up, building scratches on the back, however minute the scratches are ;P

Reactions: Chesterfield