• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Someone actually modified their gen with the additional EMP caseback snapped to the watch just like in the movie.

51684519645_bf18738e31_b.jpg

51683625446_b469208374_b.jpg

Whoa! Is that one of the actual film props? Wouldn’t mind our friends in china doing one of these as an optional extra!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DC69

birdvasabi

Do not accept unsolicited offers
3/11/21
Reposted from above link:

AGF (yellow markers vs orange hands):

GF is probably the best alternative to VSF right now, even side by side with my VSF, the GF isn’t bad. I’d say it’s more than decent:

GF:

pic sharing

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I got a VSF V4 and I just realize when you mention it. At first didn't notice about orange hands vs yellow markers. I think it depend on the angle as well.

I'm try to upload link for images but don't know how to do it. So, these are the links for images.

https://ibb.co/N6YFPYK

https://ibb.co/RBbN1zH

N6YFPYK

RBbN1zH

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Indeed. Didn't realize it before. But once I have seen it now, I see it every time looking at the watch for the time... :cry:

Last edited:

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
You say that but then post a pic showing white hands vs yellow markers. Lol.

Sent from the RWI App

Haha.. Could be the lighting and angle. Looks fine in person and they're all even. Here's a QC pic of my watch... Looks fine. Even if it is, its definitely not as obvious or jarring as the AGF one posted above.

​​​​​
49766884228_a78de31522_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mech500

KalKala

Getting To Know The Place
27/11/18
Just to make this issue clear for everybody: this kind of LUME that has that yellowish vintage look is made by mixing the actual luminescent 'white powder' (can glow yellow, orange, green or blue when exposed to the light) with an okra (sand) colored pigment that does not react at all to the light, and this may be problem if your LUME element is not that pure/strong (very costly) as it will produce a weaker glow and it also prevent a full charge by the light source reducing its lasting effect.
Besides, there is no way to predict how the mixture of these two elements will look when the transparent medium will dry, and this medium will also dry quite quickly so you have to prepare the lume in very small batches to apply it.
Naturally the originals' factories in their labs would have been going through a precise and long process of testing and measuring the exact proportions to get consistent results, disregarding the waste of time and costly materials to reach it.
That's not to justify a blatant error made by the replicas' factories, but I can accept it even if it may happen: I sure need to see it with my naked eye and not in any photo. If I will be so much upset by it I may even consider to add a small transparent wash with yellowish ink on the lume, or eventually redo the lume myself...

KalKala

27/11/18
Yes, or so it appears in a photo... Have you ever noticed how the light reflects in so many different ways on the watch hands?

BTW this is an original one: doesn't it seem to have lighter lume markers and hands compared to the lume on the bezel?

iu

Now that I think of it, I have a couple of Breitling with a dial that looks grey/blue because of the AR coating of the crystal...

swcs2040

Do not accept unsolicited offers
13/1/21
Does anyone know if the VSF V3 bezel and ORF bezel are interchangeable?

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Yes, or so it appears in a photo... Have you ever noticed how the light reflects in so many different ways on the watch hands?

BTW this is an original one: doesn't it seem to have lighter lume markers and hands compared to the lume on the bezel?

iu

Now that I think of it, I have a couple of Breitling with a dial that looks grey/blue because of the AR coating of the crystal...

a couple of pics of a genuine, taken under a lamp, not the best pics.

Reactions: leo6929

KalKala

27/11/18
Eheheh
You're just making my point: I see that your genuine NTTD looks to have very homogeneous lume both on the dial and on the bezel but at the same time if I have to take your photos as proof I should expect a case and bracelet in golden titanium... Just kiddin' BD
I will really start to complain about this issue only after a thorough direct examination with my eyes.
Photos have so many variables just ending with the color space and calibration of the monitor where you watch them: white balance, gamma, contrast, lighting direction... Just saying!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Sometimes with reps, I feel like they get the hands from a completely different supplier to the dial.....hence why some reps have crazy mismatching dial/hands.

Have seen mismatch before on many other reps where the hands tend to be whiter (probably because the makers haven’t allowed for the fact that light can contact the hands from above and below - plus hands are curved, so the colour appears different due to optics).

Gen factories try to allow for the above to give the look of consistent lume in daylight...it’s hard to perfect - as the hands and dials charge at different rates.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: MUFCneil

wfan2021

4/6/21
a couple of pics of a genuine, taken under a lamp, not the best pics.

Lazza, can you please take a picture on your genuine showing the dome crystal? Not from up view but from a lying down view please. Just to show the format of the dome with we put the watch in the table. Tks!