• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
They are supposed to be - look at pictures of the gen

No they are not. the gen hands and dial lume are a match. Here’s a shot of a gen

7fb0a7fbe05cd4f7406df9dd9768ea19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK

We were referring to the colour of the lume when not glowing. Yes the minute hand has green lume as it’s a divers watch so you can quickly tell in the dark how much oxygen you have and not mistake it with the hour hand.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Lume is a short term for the luminous phosphorescent glowing solution applied on watch dials

Thanks for pointing to me out what lume is. 20 years collecting watches and you learn something everyday…..

lume has two states dependant on the light, glowing or not glowing? Anyway For simplicity and to avoid you having to point out the obvious again….let’s just call it the colour of the markers then.

We all accept that rep lume on these isn’t as good as gen when glowing. but the actual patina/brown colour of the markers on both dial and hands should match each other when not glowing or it’s an instant giveaway and for me I couldn’t buy this rep in its current state as it’s poor, lazy and not worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mc Queen

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Lume is a short term for the luminous phosphorescent glowing solution applied on watch dials

Yep. I see your confusion. the “glowing solution” includes yellow pigmentation which has to be colour matched such that the hands don’t look orange and the hour markers don’t look yellow - in daylight. Very distracting. But yeh, the Lume should not be mismatched in daylight.

Eldonsimon

Supporter
Certified
16/8/16
Sunny Barcelona
Yes they should match - I don’t think my eyes would have picked out the mismatch without you calling it out. As it is I am still going to order one as it’s only a rep and they all have flaws

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Yes they should match - I don’t think my eyes would have picked out the mismatch without you calling it out. As it is I am still going to order one as it’s only a rep and they all have flaws

That’s fair enough but this is still an expensive rep, not a ‘dhgate shitter’, I mean look at what these factories can produce then they expect us to pay the same and settle for a piss poor finish like this. I’d be going for the non 007 edition seamaster for virtually the same cash, as it’s a fantastic omega rep as far as I have seen, or wait until they can sort out the hands and dial a bit better.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Hmmm I don't know..That lume mismatch is pretty jarring and seeing as the patina lume is part of the character of the watch, to have the hands and markers be a mismatched patina would really bother me especially for a rep at that price. To each their own though. That's one flaw I cannot just overlook each time I look down at the watch to admire or check the time. Maybe it won't be as obvious in person.

How did AGF even miss that? ​​​​

My VSF for comparison. A pity they're no more...

51678324406_9cf6b5729d_b.jpg

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

You sure you’re looking at the right watch and not the VSF?

Sent from the RWI App

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Reposted from above link:

AGF (yellow markers vs orange hands):

GF is probably the best alternative to VSF right now, even side by side with my VSF, the GF isn’t bad. I’d say it’s more than decent:

GF:

pic sharing

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
The way the bezel, dial and markers just pop when the sunlight hits it just right... Glimpses of it in the climax of the movie which went really well with the lighting and the glare of the sun at Safin's Poison Island..

51680818183_b791036249_b.jpg

Reactions: Jimmybeebee

all_inn

Do not accept unsolicited offers
25/9/21
So my understanding is that the crystal in the ORF is the bad part compared to the VSF. Also, that the bracelet is not titanium. Has anybody tried to replace the crystal in the ORF with a Gen one or does it not fit directly?

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
So my understanding is that the crystal in the ORF is the bad part compared to the VSF. Also, that the bracelet is not titanium. Has anybody tried to replace the crystal in the ORF with a Gen one or does it not fit directly?

I dont expect many gen parts to be easily available for this one.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

I doubt it even if any gen parts are available. This is not a 1:1 rep.